Welcome to Yugioh! Singapore forum. Please login.

Have a nice day.

A place for YuGiOh fans or players to gather and chat

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Vanguard Scam Shop Awareness

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
VanguardScamAwareness
Trainee Duelist
Trainee Duelist

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-03-20

PostSubject: Vanguard Scam Shop Awareness   Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:15 pm

Check this similar post for different comments and replies

sg-ygo.userboard.net/t8827-vanguard-scam-shop-awareness#143495
forums.sgcafe.com/vanguard-discussion/146364-vanguard-scam-shop-awareness.html#post7287984

Hello vanguard players,

I've created this account to warn potential buyers of vanguard booster packs. I've been playing and buying booster packs for vanguard for around 2months already and i have seen the very dark side of this market.

Have you ever bought 5-10packs of booster and got no foil cards at all? You might think it's just bad luck but actually you may just have been a victim of some scammers.

There are two types of scam shops in the vanguard market.

The first one, the shop worker (or the person working) knows how to feel a foil card or simply just weighs it. They take out the foil cards and leave all the common for sale.

The second one, a player just like us, but he buys a box or simply buys the boosters and either know how to feel them or weighs them. Then they sell to certain scam shops at a lower price of $1.50 to $2. Then the scam shops sells them.

If you have doubt that people knows how to feel foil cards, it's true. Vanguard foils are easily able to be felt, however i cant share it here.

So, i would like to give awareness to all potential vanguard booster pack buyers to be careful of scam shops. If you have no gotten any foils from buying alot of booster.

You are just another customer of a scam shop.

I know of particular scam shops in Singapore but it's better to not write it here. Also, this is not a whining/rant thread of me not being able to get foils. It is true and happening that scam shops are around. Believe me at your own accord, as this post is all for the well-being of the community.

Do not post troll comments here.

Feel free to share your similar encounters here

Last edited by VanguardScamAwareness on Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VanguardScamAwareness
Trainee Duelist
Trainee Duelist

PostSubject: Re: Vanguard Scam Shop Awareness   Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:14 pm

Please follow the similar thread made by me at:

forums.sgcafe.com/vanguard-discussion/146364-vanguard-scam-shop-awareness.html#post7288149

Cheers to all vanguard players
Back to top Go down
Delta
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Vanguard Scam Shop Awareness   Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:51 pm

Wait for shop to open a new box ?
Back to top Go down
VanguardScamAwareness
Trainee Duelist
Trainee Duelist

PostSubject: Re: Vanguard Scam Shop Awareness   Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:06 pm

Delta wrote:
Wait for shop to open a new box ?

Yup sure thats one way to make sure theres no foul play.

But the purpose of this thread is not to teach people how or when is the best time to get foil cards but instead give awareness to players and the community of scammers and people all out to scam.
Back to top Go down
Jw2406
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Vanguard Scam Shop Awareness   Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:13 pm

Since u noe which shop/s r scamming ppl, y nt name them here? Ur purpose of tis thread is to give awareness to players and the community of scammers and people all out to scam, but u dun name them. Tis is juz lky telling ppl there r robber ard the neighborhood, u noe the robber, but u juz sit b n watch ppl get rob -.-
Back to top Go down
pokekid88
Yugi Mutou
Yugi Mutou

Number of posts : 3820
Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Vanguard Scam Shop Awareness   Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:55 am

Please, I'm pretty sure not all shops you know are actually scams shops...

I myself have been buying yugioh/vanguard packs and I pretty much know that the so-called scams are actually done by players themselve...

Imagine someone who knows how to feel for foils when to a certain shop and bluff the shop owner to open new box saying that they will be buying alot of packs...

After the shop owners opened the new box, this kind of bastard will just buy off the 8 packs of packs that have foil in them and left the rest of the crap packs over at the shop.

And people like you who went to the shop to buy and didn't get any foils will think that the shops actually filter the foil packs out... And that you will think that the shop actually scams people but actually, it was the PLAYERS who did the filtering.

True story... That is why I recommend people to frequent just 1 shop to buy packs so that you can actually build up a relationship with the shop attendents. Buying like half a box or more everything, and sooner or later... They will automatically ask you if you want to open new boxes to feel/choose. And of course if they do, dun be a bastard to just feel out the foils and left the rest of the packs there. buy at least half a box or so so that you will not feel so guilty about it...

I myself actually met quite a few students (secondary sch mainly) to ask for new box and actually dare to say that they will buy at least 8 packs out of the new box. And shop attendant who do not know that each box only have 8 foils will be bluff to open new box and let them choose.

However, if you yourself thinks that you do not have the financial status to wack alot of packs, then I recommend you to just buy singles from shops or players. The card game industry is indeed very dark.

So please do not bad name any shops before you actually find out the truth behind it.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
http://time-to-get-pwned.blogspot.com/
VanguardScamAwareness
Trainee Duelist
Trainee Duelist

PostSubject: Re: Vanguard Scam Shop Awareness   Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:25 am

pokekid88 wrote:
Please, I'm pretty sure not all shops you know are actually scams shops...

I myself have been buying yugioh/vanguard packs and I pretty much know that the so-called scams are actually done by players themselve...

Imagine someone who knows how to feel for foils when to a certain shop and bluff the shop owner to open new box saying that they will be buying alot of packs...

After the shop owners opened the new box, this kind of bastard will just buy off the 8 packs of packs that have foil in them and left the rest of the crap packs over at the shop.

And people like you who went to the shop to buy and didn't get any foils will think that the shops actually filter the foil packs out... And that you will think that the shop actually scams people but actually, it was the PLAYERS who did the filtering.

True story... That is why I recommend people to frequent just 1 shop to buy packs so that you can actually build up a relationship with the shop attendents. Buying like half a box or more everything, and sooner or later... They will automatically ask you if you want to open new boxes to feel/choose. And of course if they do, dun be a bastard to just feel out the foils and left the rest of the packs there. buy at least half a box or so so that you will not feel so guilty about it...

I myself actually met quite a few students (secondary sch mainly) to ask for new box and actually dare to say that they will buy at least 8 packs out of the new box. And shop attendant who do not know that each box only have 8 foils will be bluff to open new box and let them choose.

However, if you yourself thinks that you do not have the financial status to wack alot of packs, then I recommend you to just buy singles from shops or players. The card game industry is indeed very dark.

So please do not bad name any shops before you actually find out the truth behind it.

Thanks.

From your point of view, you talked about box filtering, many shop owners already solve this by only allowing players to choose from 3packs or 5packs or some even dont allow people to choose.

You also seem to be not too clear about the industry, i personally know of people with sells non-foil booster packs to shops. And i will try my best not to bad name THESE shops here. Believe it or not, when i first started my friends and i bought nearly 17packs of booster but we got ZERO foils. This is just one of my encounter. It's not luck.

Also, there are sure shops who deals cleanly. The idea of this whole post is to give awareness to potential vanguard buyers. It is also to let them know such thing exist so they would not go impulsive if they dont get any foils and keep buying. It is also not about finiancial status of anyone, but really the ethics of shop owners and their greed to earn more money.

However, yes are there still people who filter packs and i agree with your suggestion that people should stick to buying from one safe shop they know well.

Thank you for your input
Back to top Go down
pokekid88
Yugi Mutou
Yugi Mutou

Number of posts : 3820
Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Vanguard Scam Shop Awareness   Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:37 am

Icic... So some shops actually buy back non foil packs from players to resale them??

This is ridiculous....x_x|||
Back to top Go down
http://time-to-get-pwned.blogspot.com/
VanguardScamAwareness
Trainee Duelist
Trainee Duelist

PostSubject: Re: Vanguard Scam Shop Awareness   Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:43 am

pokekid88 wrote:
Icic... So some shops actually buy back non foil packs from players to resale them??

This is ridiculous....x_x|||

YES, thats the whole point...

Scenario 1: Shop attendant(teenager): Buy from friend non foil, to replace

Scenario 2: Players like us: Buy box, weigh out 8 foil, sell 22 packs to their 'dealer' (shop owners)

Scenario 3: Shop owner: Knows frequent players, makes friends, buy packs from their regulars at lower price.

All these scenario are not FAKE, they are true and happening.

At the end of the day, they didnt do anything illegal. It's their ethics. Sad
Back to top Go down
rogs
Trainee Duelist
Trainee Duelist

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Vanguard Scam Shop Awareness   Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:00 pm

Scaling cards is very easy, you just need one electronic pocket scale and there you go all your foil cards.
Back to top Go down
doom9282
Trainee Duelist
Trainee Duelist

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Vanguard Scam Shop Awareness   Wed May 02, 2012 7:41 pm

I know a place that is a scam shop . I recently bought 18 packs from there and i onlt got a RRR from one of the packs . If you want to know more , PM me .

The best is that you go to Comics Connection to buy it instead as they would allow you to choose your own packs unlike other shops .
Back to top Go down
Maskxevoz484
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2011-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Vanguard Scam Shop Awareness   Thu May 10, 2012 9:05 pm

is it possible for you to share or pm me the shops that does this??? it will be helpful
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vanguard Scam Shop Awareness   Today at 9:25 pm

Back to top Go down

Vanguard Scam Shop Awareness
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1