Welcome to Yugioh! Singapore forum. Please login.

Have a nice day.

A place for YuGiOh fans or players to gather and chat

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

need clarifications on light pulsar dragon

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
AlatoRider
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

Number of posts : 363
Registration date : 2010-02-01

PostSubject: need clarifications on light pulsar dragon   Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:52 pm

my friend was asking me about light pulsar dragon's special summoning effect by discarding one light and dark monster from hand.

his query was that can light pulsar dragon be special summoned this way if it itself is use in the discard as the light monster involved.

i thought through this question with respect to machina's fortress' effect that machina fortress can be sp by using itself in the discard.

however, my conclusion is that the difference in text justify that light pulsar dragon does not work like machina fortress as

for machina fortress:

You can discard Machine-Type monster(s) whose total Levels equal 8 or more to Special Summon this card from your hand or Graveyard.

"the discard comes before the part whereby the graveyard is mentioned. therefore, after you discard, if theres a machina fortress in the graveyard, then you can sp it. having a machina fortress in the graveyard before the discard does not matter, thus, you can activate the effect"

for light pulsar dragon:

You can Special Summon this card (from your Graveyard) by sending 1 LIGHT and 1 DARK monsters from your hand to the Graveyard.

"the light pulsar dragon in the graveyard before the discard matters, so if you do not have a light pulsar dragon in the graveyard before the discard, then you cannot activate this effect."

I'm not sure if I'm correct and I need clarifications. Please let me know the correct ruling on this.

any help is much appreciated, thanks.
Back to top Go down
AlatoRider
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

PostSubject: Re: need clarifications on light pulsar dragon   Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:07 pm

Munk wrote:
Light Pulsar not so strong.

Munk can you provide me with the actual ruling on this? as in the explanation. just need to see how far my guess is from the right ruling.
Back to top Go down
holylight
Judai Yuki
Judai Yuki

Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2010-04-22

PostSubject: Re: need clarifications on light pulsar dragon   Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:43 pm

Is the same as machina fortress. If i not wrong
Back to top Go down
Axehead
Judai Yuki
Judai Yuki

Number of posts : 2490
Registration date : 2008-07-18

PostSubject: Re: need clarifications on light pulsar dragon   Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:37 am

Machina fortress says special from hand or grave. So...
Back to top Go down
shaunewbiez
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist

Number of posts : 1641
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: need clarifications on light pulsar dragon   Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:30 am

If it's not even in the grave.. How can you use the effect?
Back to top Go down
Yoan.Yuki
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2011-07-03

PostSubject: Re: need clarifications on light pulsar dragon   Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:20 am

Both are not effects. Both are Built-In (Inherent) Summons.
--
The trick with Machina Fortress is the one: you can discard Machina Fortress and 1 Machine-Type Monster to summon "Machina Fortress" from your graveyard (First discard, then summon).

Lightpulsar is also a Built-In Summon. Different than "Machina Fortress"; in order to Special Summon Lightpulsar from your grave you can Banish 1 Light and 1 Dark monster. You can special summon Lightpulsar by a card effect like Monster Reborn too.
--
Remember built-in summons doesn't start a chain link. So, no D.D.Crow or simmilar. It's a procedure.
Back to top Go down
Jw2406
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: need clarifications on light pulsar dragon   Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:45 pm

Yoan.Yuki wrote:
Both are not effects. Both are Built-In (Inherent) Summons.
--
The trick with Machina Fortress is the one: you can discard Machina Fortress and 1 Machine-Type Monster to summon "Machina Fortress" from your graveyard (First discard, then summon).

Lightpulsar is also a Built-In Summon. Different than "Machina Fortress"; in order to Special Summon Lightpulsar from your grave you can Banish 1 Light and 1 Dark monster. You can special summon Lightpulsar by a card effect like Monster Reborn too.
--
Remember built-in summons doesn't start a chain link. So, no D.D.Crow or simmilar. It's a procedure.

I am confuse,
1)so if i were to SP fortress from my hand, I discared 2 fortress, then i can SP 2 fortress?
2)if i SP fortress from my hand by discarding fortress as cost, then the SP of fortress is fr hand or grave?
3)i tink u mistaken lightpulsar effect? hw can SP fr grave by RFG dark & light fr grave...
Back to top Go down
d3stin3d
Millennium Earl
Millennium Earl

Number of posts : 379
Registration date : 2009-10-25

PostSubject: Re: need clarifications on light pulsar dragon   Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:25 pm

Q:2つ目の効果で、手札にあるこのカードと闇属性モンスター1体を墓地へ送り、このカード自身を墓地から特殊召喚できますか?
A:いいえ、できません。(11/12/16)

Q: The second effect, by discarding this card and a dark-type monster to grave, can it special summon itself?

A: No it cannot. (11/12/16)

Anymore questions?

Jw2406. This is solely for u.

1) No. Please stop dreaming, U can only have 3 Machina Fortress in deck, even if u have 4, u cannot do that.

2)if i SP fortress from my hand by discarding fortress as cost, then the SP of fortress is fr hand or grave? <----- u answered ur own question.

3) Yoan Yuki need to read the text properly.

Please rephrase your question so that u can have the correct answers u are looking for.

Last edited by d3stin3d on Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:02 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
AlatoRider
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

PostSubject: Re: need clarifications on light pulsar dragon   Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:20 pm

thanks Yoan.Yuki and d3stin3d for providing the answers. Smile
Back to top Go down
Yoan.Yuki
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

PostSubject: Re: need clarifications on light pulsar dragon   Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:42 am

Sorry if my answer was not accurate. ;P
Back to top Go down
Jw2406
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

PostSubject: Re: need clarifications on light pulsar dragon   Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:35 am

d3stin3d wrote:
Q:2つ目の効果で、手札にあるこのカードと闇属性モンスター1体を墓地へ送り、このカード自身を墓地から特殊召喚できますか?
A:いいえ、できません。(11/12/16)

Q: The second effect, by discarding this card and a dark-type monster to grave, can it special summon itself?

A: No it cannot. (11/12/16)

Anymore questions?

Jw2406. This is solely for u.

1) No. Please stop dreaming, U can only have 3 Machina Fortress in deck, even if u have 4, u cannot do that.

2)if i SP fortress from my hand by discarding fortress as cost, then the SP of fortress is fr hand or grave? <----- u answered ur own question.

3) Yoan Yuki need to read the text properly.

Please rephrase your question so that u can have the correct answers u are looking for.

No~ Actually tis Q hav nt come to my mind till nw... U c ar, when u discard machina fortress + gadget, u can SP fortress fr graveyard. So y cnt I discard 2 fortress 2 & SP both of them, using each other as cost? Is tis becoz of timing issues or wat? & tis doesn concern if i hav 3 or 4 fortress as long as I hav 2.
Back to top Go down
d3stin3d
Millennium Earl
Millennium Earl

Number of posts : 379
Registration date : 2009-10-25

PostSubject: Re: need clarifications on light pulsar dragon   Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:10 pm

then phrase your question properly next time.

Quote :
1)so if i were to SP fortress from my hand, I discared 2 fortress, then i can SP 2 fortress?

From what u said, i can only infer that, u reveal 1 fortress to special summon, by discarding 2 OTHER fortress from your hand to special summon the last one from your hand. Please realise your mistake in the question u trying to ask.

And NO to your actual question coz its a SUMMONING CONDITION and not effect that can chain.
e.g. u cannot special summon 2 Cyber Dragon at once when ur field is empty.

Back to top Go down
Yoan.Yuki
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

PostSubject: Re: need clarifications on light pulsar dragon   Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:12 pm

Just one of the "Machina Fortress" will be summoned by the same method. You discarded a total level of 14 (2 machina fortress, which are Lv.7). Minimal level required for the inherit SS is 8.
-
Being not an effect (a mechanic) its a procedure - which cannot be bypassed (discarding 3 machina fortress to SS 2)
-
Agree with d3stin3d. Its a summoning mechanic, cannot be chained. It doesn't start a chain link.
Back to top Go down
Axehead
Judai Yuki
Judai Yuki

Number of posts : 2490
Registration date : 2008-07-18

PostSubject: Re: need clarifications on light pulsar dragon   Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:27 pm

Jw2406 wrote:
No~ Actually tis Q hav nt come to my mind till nw... U c ar, when u discard machina fortress + gadget, u can SP fortress fr graveyard. So y cnt I discard 2 fortress 2 & SP both of them, using each other as cost? Is tis becoz of timing issues or wat? & tis doesn concern if i hav 3 or 4 fortress as long as I hav 2.

Phrase it easier for you as it seems you have difficulties comprehending what the other two is saying.

In your scenario, you can't discard both and special both because you can only activate one of their effects. You can't go "oh, fortress eff, reveal, chain 2nd fortress eff, reveal, chain resolves backwards I can discard each other as cost hahahaha."

Just, no.

You have to do them one by one. But after doing one, you'll realise you won't have the resources to do the other.
Back to top Go down
Jw2406
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

PostSubject: Re: need clarifications on light pulsar dragon   Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:44 pm

O... Icic... No wonder... Thz all 4 the explanation... Coz if can discard 2 fortress & SP both, i would play back machina deck rite away... haha Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: need clarifications on light pulsar dragon   Today at 4:53 pm

Back to top Go down

need clarifications on light pulsar dragon
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1