Welcome to Yugioh! Singapore forum. Please login.

Have a nice day.


A place for YuGiOh fans or players to gather and chat
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Insane tech GBs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chieflion
Duelist
Duelist


Number of posts : 15
Age : 23
Location : With my Roman Gladiators
Registration date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Insane tech GBs   Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:28 am

Monsters: 15

Gladiator Beast Laquari x 2
Gladiator Beast Darius x 1
Gladiator Beast Samnite x 1
Gladiator Beast Bestiari x 1
Gladiator Beast Equeste x 2
Gladiator Beast Lanista x 2
Gladiator Beast Retiari x 1
Gladiator Beast Murmillo x 1
Test Tiger x 2
Elemental Hero Prisma x 1
Neo-Spacian Grand Mole x 1

Spells: 8

Gladiator Proving Ground x 2
Monster Reborn x 1
Dark Hole x 1
Forbidden Lance x 2
Mystical Space Typhoon x 2

Traps: 17

Gladiator Beast War Chariot x 2
Icarus Attack x 2
Horn of the Phantom Beast x 2
Torrential Tribute x 1
Mirror Force x 1
Trap Stun x 1
Solemn Warning x 2
Solemn Judgment x 1
Bottomless Trap Hole x 2
Compulsory Evacuation Device x 3

Extra Deck: 7

Gladiator Beast Gyzarus x 3
Gladiator Beast Heraklinos x 3
Empty Space Sea Serpent Levaiel x1

Any suggestions? Other techs that came up to my mind are "A Hero Lives", "Unicorn Beacon", "Thunder King Rai-Oh".
Back to top Go down
zzxiaoboizz
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist


Number of posts : 1475
Age : 22
Location : Singapore, truly developed
Registration date : 2010-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Insane tech GBs   Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:36 am

Test tiger can be reduced to 0 plus 2 seven tools, take out trap stun and put airman/stratos in. You dun wan trap stun to negate ur horn....
Back to top Go down
http://zzxiaoboizzyugioh.blogspot.com/
Chieflion
Duelist
Duelist


Number of posts : 15
Age : 23
Location : With my Roman Gladiators
Registration date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Insane tech GBs   Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:41 am

I think I will remove the lone Prisma since I don't have Stratos. Thinking of putting Rai-Oh in. Will have to get some Seven Tools though. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Chieflion
Duelist
Duelist


Number of posts : 15
Age : 23
Location : With my Roman Gladiators
Registration date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Insane tech GBs   Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:52 pm

So, I got 2nd at the tournament at Full Yen today with this deck. I am going to switch the Trap Stuns for Seven Tools of the Bandit. As for the Test Tigers, they will have to stay and got me out of some sticky situations.

Neo-Spacian Grand Mole won me a few games and so did Prisma. No.39 Kibou ou Hope and Prisma countered a Rivalry of Warlords and won the match for me. Now, I am wondering where to fit in Dimensional Prison.
Back to top Go down
awesomehazelnuts
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist


Number of posts : 1819
Age : 21
Location : west beach,florida
Registration date : 2010-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Insane tech GBs   Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:43 am

Chieflion wrote:
So, I got 2nd at the tournament at Full Yen today with this deck. I am going to switch the Trap Stuns for Seven Tools of the Bandit. As for the Test Tigers, they will have to stay and got me out of some sticky situations.

Neo-Spacian Grand Mole won me a few games and so did Prisma. No.39 Kibou ou Hope and Prisma countered a Rivalry of Warlords and won the match for me. Now, I am wondering where to fit in Dimensional Prison.

Winning 2nd doenst mean that you will keep winning with this deck again.
Back to top Go down
http://highlevelgaming.wordpress.com
Chieflion
Duelist
Duelist


Number of posts : 15
Age : 23
Location : With my Roman Gladiators
Registration date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Insane tech GBs   Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:36 am

awesomehazelnuts wrote:
Chieflion wrote:
So, I got 2nd at the tournament at Full Yen today with this deck. I am going to switch the Trap Stuns for Seven Tools of the Bandit. As for the Test Tigers, they will have to stay and got me out of some sticky situations.

Neo-Spacian Grand Mole won me a few games and so did Prisma. No.39 Kibou ou Hope and Prisma countered a Rivalry of Warlords and won the match for me. Now, I am wondering where to fit in Dimensional Prison.

Winning 2nd doenst mean that you will keep winning with this deck again.

And posting nothing constructive isn't going to help my deck. At least I know that I can win with this among other top tier decks and there is still room to improve the deck.
Back to top Go down
awesomehazelnuts
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist


Number of posts : 1819
Age : 21
Location : west beach,florida
Registration date : 2010-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Insane tech GBs   Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:37 am

Monsters: 14

Gladiator Beast Laquari x 3
Gladiator Beast Darius x 2
Gladiator Beast Bestiari x 1
Gladiator Beast Equeste x 2
Gladiator Beast Lanista x 2
Gladiator Beast Retiari x 1
Gladiator Beast Murmillo x 1
Effect Veiler x2

Spells: 12

Gladiator Proving Ground x 3
Monster Reborn x 1
Dark Hole x 1
Forbidden Lance x 2
Mystical Space Typhoon x 2
Giant Trunade x1
Forbidden Chalice x2

Traps: 14

Gladiator Beast War Chariot x 3
Icarus Attack x 2
Mirror Force x 1
Solemn Warning x 2
Solemn Judgment x 1
Bottomless Trap Hole x 2
Dimension prison x3

This is a proper build. Only play trap stun IF you are running mass backrow removal decks. Horn + trap stun is not a good thing

Also,i wonder how horrible is the meta at full yen shop? hmm?
Back to top Go down
http://highlevelgaming.wordpress.com
-Mama-_-lemon-
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist


Number of posts : 647
Age : 22
Location : singapore
Registration date : 2011-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Insane tech GBs   Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:35 pm

Chieflion wrote:
So, I got 2nd at the tournament at Full Yen today with this deck. I am going to switch the Trap Stuns for Seven Tools of the Bandit. As for the Test Tigers, they will have to stay and got me out of some sticky situations.

Neo-Spacian Grand Mole won me a few games and so did Prisma. No.39 Kibou ou Hope and Prisma countered a Rivalry of Warlords and won the match for me. Now, I am wondering where to fit in Dimensional Prison.
i won 1st place ONCE with my BF deck.
Back to top Go down
awesomehazelnuts
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist


Number of posts : 1819
Age : 21
Location : west beach,florida
Registration date : 2010-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Insane tech GBs   Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:36 pm

Chieflion wrote:
So, I got 2nd at the tournament at Full Yen today with this deck. I am going to switch the Trap Stuns for Seven Tools of the Bandit. As for the Test Tigers, they will have to stay and got me out of some sticky situations.

Neo-Spacian Grand Mole won me a few games and so did Prisma. No.39 Kibou ou Hope and Prisma countered a Rivalry of Warlords and won the match for me. Now, I am wondering where to fit in Dimensional Prison.

Not everyday is sunday.
Back to top Go down
http://highlevelgaming.wordpress.com
Chieflion
Duelist
Duelist


Number of posts : 15
Age : 23
Location : With my Roman Gladiators
Registration date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Insane tech GBs   Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:37 pm

awesomehazelnuts wrote:
Monsters: 14

Gladiator Beast Laquari x 3
Gladiator Beast Darius x 2
Gladiator Beast Bestiari x 1
Gladiator Beast Equeste x 2
Gladiator Beast Lanista x 2
Gladiator Beast Retiari x 1
Gladiator Beast Murmillo x 1
Effect Veiler x2

Spells: 12

Gladiator Proving Ground x 3
Monster Reborn x 1
Dark Hole x 1
Forbidden Lance x 2
Mystical Space Typhoon x 2
Giant Trunade x1
Forbidden Chalice x2

Traps: 14

Gladiator Beast War Chariot x 3
Icarus Attack x 2
Mirror Force x 1
Solemn Warning x 2
Solemn Judgment x 1
Bottomless Trap Hole x 2
Dimension prison x3

This is a proper build. Only play trap stun IF you are running mass backrow removal decks. Horn + trap stun is not a good thing

Also,i wonder how horrible is the meta at full yen shop? hmm?

That's why I am taking out the trap stun for seven tools. Do you ever read what you quote? The meta there was pretty varied with Dark World, T.G Tengu, Machina Gadgets, Six Samurai, Twilight, Grave BF, Plant Synchro. So much for a bad meta even with only 19 players. The way your deck is built, I'd be smashed by the Twilight deck I played in the 2nd round in game 1 if I went 2nd and if I played Dark World, I'd get beat too.

Effect Veiler would have been a poor choice to play at Full Yen considering that you can't stop Plant Synchro, T.G Tengu, Dark World, Grave BF at all. So far, I did not have trouble playing Dark World, Grave BF, Twilight at all. The only problem I have is against Machina Gadgets.

The deck you think is a proper build has almost zero way to come back from going 2nd against Six Samurai aside from praying that you draw Effect Veiler at the start of the game. If you are going to blow up stuff anyway, why do you even need Giant Trunade?

The reason I lost to Machina Gadgets and game 2 against Six Samurai and game 2 against Twilight was due to the fact I had no Seven Tools. I am going to put it in over the Trap Stun. That's it. I tried playing without Tigers and it is extremely difficult to pull off a comeback when the opponent's field is full.
Back to top Go down
-Mama-_-lemon-
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist


Number of posts : 647
Age : 22
Location : singapore
Registration date : 2011-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Insane tech GBs   Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:41 pm

Chieflion wrote:
I think I will remove the lone Prisma since I don't have Stratos. Thinking of putting Rai-Oh in. Will have to get some Seven Tools though. Thanks.
hmm can get 3 rai oh cant get 1 stratos? sell me prisma if u dowan =D
Back to top Go down
awesomehazelnuts
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist


Number of posts : 1819
Age : 21
Location : west beach,florida
Registration date : 2010-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Insane tech GBs   Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:42 pm

Chieflion wrote:
awesomehazelnuts wrote:
Monsters: 14

Gladiator Beast Laquari x 3
Gladiator Beast Darius x 2
Gladiator Beast Bestiari x 1
Gladiator Beast Equeste x 2
Gladiator Beast Lanista x 2
Gladiator Beast Retiari x 1
Gladiator Beast Murmillo x 1
Effect Veiler x2

Spells: 12

Gladiator Proving Ground x 3
Monster Reborn x 1
Dark Hole x 1
Forbidden Lance x 2
Mystical Space Typhoon x 2
Giant Trunade x1
Forbidden Chalice x2

Traps: 14

Gladiator Beast War Chariot x 3
Icarus Attack x 2
Mirror Force x 1
Solemn Warning x 2
Solemn Judgment x 1
Bottomless Trap Hole x 2
Dimension prison x3

This is a proper build. Only play trap stun IF you are running mass backrow removal decks. Horn + trap stun is not a good thing

Also,i wonder how horrible is the meta at full yen shop? hmm?

That's why I am taking out the trap stun for seven tools. Do you ever read what you quote? The meta there was pretty varied with Dark World, T.G Tengu, Machina Gadgets, Six Samurai, Twilight, Grave BF, Plant Synchro. So much for a bad meta even with only 19 players. The way your deck is built, I'd be smashed by the Twilight deck I played in the 2nd round in game 1 if I went 2nd and if I played Dark World, I'd get beat too.

Effect Veiler would have been a poor choice to play at Full Yen considering that you can't stop Plant Synchro, T.G Tengu, Dark World, Grave BF at all. So far, I did not have trouble playing Dark World, Grave BF, Twilight at all. The only problem I have is against Machina Gadgets.

The deck you think is a proper build has almost zero way to come back from going 2nd against Six Samurai aside from praying that you draw Effect Veiler at the start of the game. If you are going to blow up stuff anyway, why do you even need Giant Trunade?

The reason I lost to Machina Gadgets and game 2 against Six Samurai and game 2 against Twilight was due to the fact I had no Seven Tools. I am going to put it in over the Trap Stun. That's it. I tried playing without Tigers and it is extremely difficult to pull off a comeback when the opponent's field is full.

If you're deck is so good and managed to win everyone ( god knows how ) , why even bother to post on the forum?

You dont have to show off to the world that your GB owns Plant synchro,tengu,grave bf etc etc.

Effect veiler is a horrible choice at full yen? I guess that answers your part about Do you ever read what you quote? "The meta there was pretty varied with Dark World, T.G Tengu, Machina Gadgets, Six Samurai, Twilight, Grave BF, Plant Synchro. So much for a bad meta even with only 19 players. The way your deck is built, I'd be smashed by the Twilight deck I played in the 2nd round in game 1 if I went 2nd and if I played Dark World, I'd get beat too."

"The deck you think is a proper build has almost zero way to come back from going 2nd against Six Samurai aside from praying that you draw Effect Veiler at the start of the game. If you are going to blow up stuff anyway, why do you even need Giant Trunade?"

Ever heard of giant trunade wins game?

Zero way to come back? - Blame yourself for making mistakes.


Last edited by awesomehazelnuts on Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://highlevelgaming.wordpress.com
-Mama-_-lemon-
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist


Number of posts : 647
Age : 22
Location : singapore
Registration date : 2011-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Insane tech GBs   Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:46 pm

awesomehazelnuts wrote:
Chieflion wrote:
awesomehazelnuts wrote:
Monsters: 14

Gladiator Beast Laquari x 3
Gladiator Beast Darius x 2
Gladiator Beast Bestiari x 1
Gladiator Beast Equeste x 2
Gladiator Beast Lanista x 2
Gladiator Beast Retiari x 1
Gladiator Beast Murmillo x 1
Effect Veiler x2

Spells: 12

Gladiator Proving Ground x 3
Monster Reborn x 1
Dark Hole x 1
Forbidden Lance x 2
Mystical Space Typhoon x 2
Giant Trunade x1
Forbidden Chalice x2

Traps: 14

Gladiator Beast War Chariot x 3
Icarus Attack x 2
Mirror Force x 1
Solemn Warning x 2
Solemn Judgment x 1
Bottomless Trap Hole x 2
Dimension prison x3

This is a proper build. Only play trap stun IF you are running mass backrow removal decks. Horn + trap stun is not a good thing

Also,i wonder how horrible is the meta at full yen shop? hmm?

That's why I am taking out the trap stun for seven tools. Do you ever read what you quote? The meta there was pretty varied with Dark World, T.G Tengu, Machina Gadgets, Six Samurai, Twilight, Grave BF, Plant Synchro. So much for a bad meta even with only 19 players. The way your deck is built, I'd be smashed by the Twilight deck I played in the 2nd round in game 1 if I went 2nd and if I played Dark World, I'd get beat too.

Effect Veiler would have been a poor choice to play at Full Yen considering that you can't stop Plant Synchro, T.G Tengu, Dark World, Grave BF at all. So far, I did not have trouble playing Dark World, Grave BF, Twilight at all. The only problem I have is against Machina Gadgets.

The deck you think is a proper build has almost zero way to come back from going 2nd against Six Samurai aside from praying that you draw Effect Veiler at the start of the game. If you are going to blow up stuff anyway, why do you even need Giant Trunade?

The reason I lost to Machina Gadgets and game 2 against Six Samurai and game 2 against Twilight was due to the fact I had no Seven Tools. I am going to put it in over the Trap Stun. That's it. I tried playing without Tigers and it is extremely difficult to pull off a comeback when the opponent's field is full.

If you're deck is so good and managed to win everyone ( god knows how ) , why even bother to post on the forum?

You dont have to show off to the world that your GB owns Plant synchro,tengu,grave bf etc etc. EVERYONE CAN DO IT.

Ever heard of luck?
must be like shriek ocg mah, win alr post deck to let other ppl net it. tho i doubt ppl will net tis...
Back to top Go down
Chieflion
Duelist
Duelist


Number of posts : 15
Age : 23
Location : With my Roman Gladiators
Registration date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Insane tech GBs   Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:48 pm

awesomehazelnuts wrote:
Chieflion wrote:
awesomehazelnuts wrote:
Monsters: 14

Gladiator Beast Laquari x 3
Gladiator Beast Darius x 2
Gladiator Beast Bestiari x 1
Gladiator Beast Equeste x 2
Gladiator Beast Lanista x 2
Gladiator Beast Retiari x 1
Gladiator Beast Murmillo x 1
Effect Veiler x2

Spells: 12

Gladiator Proving Ground x 3
Monster Reborn x 1
Dark Hole x 1
Forbidden Lance x 2
Mystical Space Typhoon x 2
Giant Trunade x1
Forbidden Chalice x2

Traps: 14

Gladiator Beast War Chariot x 3
Icarus Attack x 2
Mirror Force x 1
Solemn Warning x 2
Solemn Judgment x 1
Bottomless Trap Hole x 2
Dimension prison x3

This is a proper build. Only play trap stun IF you are running mass backrow removal decks. Horn + trap stun is not a good thing

Also,i wonder how horrible is the meta at full yen shop? hmm?

That's why I am taking out the trap stun for seven tools. Do you ever read what you quote? The meta there was pretty varied with Dark World, T.G Tengu, Machina Gadgets, Six Samurai, Twilight, Grave BF, Plant Synchro. So much for a bad meta even with only 19 players. The way your deck is built, I'd be smashed by the Twilight deck I played in the 2nd round in game 1 if I went 2nd and if I played Dark World, I'd get beat too.

Effect Veiler would have been a poor choice to play at Full Yen considering that you can't stop Plant Synchro, T.G Tengu, Dark World, Grave BF at all. So far, I did not have trouble playing Dark World, Grave BF, Twilight at all. The only problem I have is against Machina Gadgets.

The deck you think is a proper build has almost zero way to come back from going 2nd against Six Samurai aside from praying that you draw Effect Veiler at the start of the game. If you are going to blow up stuff anyway, why do you even need Giant Trunade?

The reason I lost to Machina Gadgets and game 2 against Six Samurai and game 2 against Twilight was due to the fact I had no Seven Tools. I am going to put it in over the Trap Stun. That's it. I tried playing without Tigers and it is extremely difficult to pull off a comeback when the opponent's field is full.

If you're deck is so good and managed to win everyone ( god knows how ) , why even bother to post on the forum?

You dont have to show off to the world that your GB owns Plant synchro,tengu,grave bf etc etc. EVERYONE CAN DO IT.

Ever heard of luck?

Wow, a card game requires the player to have luck to win. What a novel concept. If everyone can do it, why did the other 3 Gladiator Beast players all scrub out in the first round? Your logic is terrible.
Back to top Go down
awesomehazelnuts
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist


Number of posts : 1819
Age : 21
Location : west beach,florida
Registration date : 2010-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Insane tech GBs   Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:51 pm

"Wow, a card game requires the player to have luck to win. What a novel concept. If everyone can do it, why did the other 3 Gladiator Beast players all scrub out in the first round? Your logic is terrible."

You just answered your question.
Back to top Go down
http://highlevelgaming.wordpress.com
Chieflion
Duelist
Duelist


Number of posts : 15
Age : 23
Location : With my Roman Gladiators
Registration date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Insane tech GBs   Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:54 pm

awesomehazelnuts wrote:
"Wow, a card game requires the player to have luck to win. What a novel concept. If everyone can do it, why did the other 3 Gladiator Beast players all scrub out in the first round? Your logic is terrible."

You just answered your question.

Their decks were about the same as yours, Tigerless.
Back to top Go down
-Mama-_-lemon-
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist


Number of posts : 647
Age : 22
Location : singapore
Registration date : 2011-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Insane tech GBs   Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:55 pm

Chieflion wrote:
awesomehazelnuts wrote:
"Wow, a card game requires the player to have luck to win. What a novel concept. If everyone can do it, why did the other 3 Gladiator Beast players all scrub out in the first round? Your logic is terrible."

You just answered your question.

Their decks were about the same as yours, Tigerless.
lols u implying GB decks without tiger are useless? shit i gotta get a tiger quick since i also forming GB.
Back to top Go down
awesomehazelnuts
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist


Number of posts : 1819
Age : 21
Location : west beach,florida
Registration date : 2010-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Insane tech GBs   Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:56 pm

-Mama-_-lemon- wrote:
Chieflion wrote:
awesomehazelnuts wrote:
"Wow, a card game requires the player to have luck to win. What a novel concept. If everyone can do it, why did the other 3 Gladiator Beast players all scrub out in the first round? Your logic is terrible."

You just answered your question.

Their decks were about the same as yours, Tigerless.
lols u implying GB decks without tiger are useless? shit i gotta get a tiger quick since i also forming GB.

Test tiger over 999999999 dollars? Its gonna become a new tour guide.
Back to top Go down
http://highlevelgaming.wordpress.com
Chieflion
Duelist
Duelist


Number of posts : 15
Age : 23
Location : With my Roman Gladiators
Registration date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Insane tech GBs   Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:57 pm

Opponent goes first and summon LSS- Shien, sets 2 double edged sword technique amongst other cards. Geez, what mistake did I make? Opponent drops Judgment Dragon, what mistake did I make?
Back to top Go down
-Mama-_-lemon-
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist


Number of posts : 647
Age : 22
Location : singapore
Registration date : 2011-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Insane tech GBs   Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:59 pm

Chieflion wrote:
Opponent goes first and summon LSS- Shien, sets 2 double edged sword technique amongst other cards. Geez, what mistake did I make? Opponent drops Judgment Dragon, what mistake did I make?
wah ur GB thrashed shiens and JD dragon. teach me how play GB plz.
Back to top Go down
awesomehazelnuts
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist


Number of posts : 1819
Age : 21
Location : west beach,florida
Registration date : 2010-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Insane tech GBs   Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:59 pm

Chieflion wrote:
Opponent goes first and summon LSS- Shien, sets 2 double edged sword technique amongst other cards. Geez, what mistake did I make? Opponent drops Judgment Dragon, what mistake did I make?

Wrong matchup and poor deck choice.
Back to top Go down
http://highlevelgaming.wordpress.com
Chieflion
Duelist
Duelist


Number of posts : 15
Age : 23
Location : With my Roman Gladiators
Registration date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Insane tech GBs   Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:04 pm

-Mama-_-lemon- wrote:
Chieflion wrote:
awesomehazelnuts wrote:
"Wow, a card game requires the player to have luck to win. What a novel concept. If everyone can do it, why did the other 3 Gladiator Beast players all scrub out in the first round? Your logic is terrible."

You just answered your question.

Their decks were about the same as yours, Tigerless.
lols u implying GB decks without tiger are useless? shit i gotta get a tiger quick since i also forming GB.

No. In a set 4, end turn format like this without Heavy Storm, you need outs to going 2nd. Also, GBs don't have the attack power to run over and attack huge monsters without dying
Back to top Go down
awesomehazelnuts
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist


Number of posts : 1819
Age : 21
Location : west beach,florida
Registration date : 2010-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Insane tech GBs   Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:06 pm

Chieflion wrote:
-Mama-_-lemon- wrote:
Chieflion wrote:
awesomehazelnuts wrote:
"Wow, a card game requires the player to have luck to win. What a novel concept. If everyone can do it, why did the other 3 Gladiator Beast players all scrub out in the first round? Your logic is terrible."

You just answered your question.

Their decks were about the same as yours, Tigerless.
lols u implying GB decks without tiger are useless? shit i gotta get a tiger quick since i also forming GB.

No. In a set 4, end turn format like this without Heavy Storm, you need outs to going 2nd. Also, GBs don't have the attack power to run over and attack huge monsters without dying

"The deck you think is a proper build has almost zero way to come back from going 2nd against Six Samurai aside from praying that you draw Effect Veiler at the start of the game. If you are going to blow up stuff anyway, why do you even need Giant Trunade?"

You answered your question yet again.
Back to top Go down
http://highlevelgaming.wordpress.com
-Mama-_-lemon-
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist


Number of posts : 647
Age : 22
Location : singapore
Registration date : 2011-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Insane tech GBs   Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:07 pm

Chieflion wrote:
-Mama-_-lemon- wrote:
Chieflion wrote:
awesomehazelnuts wrote:
"Wow, a card game requires the player to have luck to win. What a novel concept. If everyone can do it, why did the other 3 Gladiator Beast players all scrub out in the first round? Your logic is terrible."

You just answered your question.

Their decks were about the same as yours, Tigerless.
lols u implying GB decks without tiger are useless? shit i gotta get a tiger quick since i also forming GB.

No. In a set 4, end turn format like this without Heavy Storm, you need outs to going 2nd. Also, GBs don't have the attack power to run over and attack huge monsters without dying
wad u mean by "outs" ps my eng bad. issit luck?
Back to top Go down
Chieflion
Duelist
Duelist


Number of posts : 15
Age : 23
Location : With my Roman Gladiators
Registration date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Insane tech GBs   Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:09 pm

awesomehazelnuts wrote:
Chieflion wrote:
Opponent goes first and summon LSS- Shien, sets 2 double edged sword technique amongst other cards. Geez, what mistake did I make? Opponent drops Judgment Dragon, what mistake did I make?

Wrong matchup and poor deck choice.

Because I can choose my own matchup right?

"Hey, Yubel player, you be my opponent, okay?"

I'm sorry, things don't work like that.

And secondly, not everyone is rich enough to be able to have 4 to 5 decks to use at their disposal. I'm so sorry I only have 1.
Back to top Go down
MintStar
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist


Number of posts : 216
Age : 28
Location : Singapore
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Insane tech GBs   Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:10 pm

"outs" - a way to handle,
something along that line.

i.e. u need something for u to handle scenario whereby u are going second.
Back to top Go down
Chieflion
Duelist
Duelist


Number of posts : 15
Age : 23
Location : With my Roman Gladiators
Registration date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Insane tech GBs   Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:13 pm

awesomehazelnuts wrote:
Chieflion wrote:
-Mama-_-lemon- wrote:
Chieflion wrote:
awesomehazelnuts wrote:
"Wow, a card game requires the player to have luck to win. What a novel concept. If everyone can do it, why did the other 3 Gladiator Beast players all scrub out in the first round? Your logic is terrible."

You just answered your question.

Their decks were about the same as yours, Tigerless.
lols u implying GB decks without tiger are useless? shit i gotta get a tiger quick since i also forming GB.

No. In a set 4, end turn format like this without Heavy Storm, you need outs to going 2nd. Also, GBs don't have the attack power to run over and attack huge monsters without dying

"The deck you think is a proper build has almost zero way to come back from going 2nd against Six Samurai aside from praying that you draw Effect Veiler at the start of the game. If you are going to blow up stuff anyway, why do you even need Giant Trunade?"

You answered your question yet again.

Giant Trunade doesn't stop your opponent from setting all those cards again. And of course Shien wouldn't negate that Trunade, will he? Giant Trunade supports huge plays, namely OTKs, it has lesser impact when used by GBs.
Back to top Go down
shaunewbiez
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist


Number of posts : 1641
Age : 22
Location : Loyang, Pasir Ris
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Insane tech GBs   Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:36 pm

Well, Chieflion, being a very average GB player having the deck and playing variants of it, I would first like to tell you that you probably ran into the proper matches, and with all due respect all you accomplished was coming in 2nd in a tournament with 19 participants, so please do not act like you're the world champion.

Let me remind you, that Full Yen is one of the lesser known card shops which barely host tournaments. Not to mention that it is out of the way, and therefore most players active in the competitive scene would not want to take such a tremendously long journey there.

I'm not here to pick a fight, nor criticise your deck. I'm merely here to tell you, please do not let this "2nd position" get to your head, because if you think topping in a $3 tournament earns you bragging rights, let me tell you right now - it doesn't.
Back to top Go down
fireowners
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist


Number of posts : 1332
Age : 23
Location : Singapore
Registration date : 2008-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Insane tech GBs   Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:01 pm

Dude, if u want to compare with the other GB players at the shop yesterday, I can tell u that it is like comparing a tank with a bicycle. Their decks has random cards which do not help them at all, E.G GB Alexander.. And they also tend to do a whole lot of mistakes. So point is, getting second at a 19 people tournament does not make you the best in the world. And another thing is that there are different types of matchups, be it good or bad, u cant control it. Just try your best to play out of it, dun blame the match up.

Lastly, do not imply that a GB deck is not one because it does not have test tigers. Different builds of GBs exist in the game, both with and without tigers. It has its pros and cons, like drawing it at a bad timing is just bad.. So please do not criticize other people's decklist
Back to top Go down
egoboy
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist


Number of posts : 1056
Age : 21
Location : Harbourfront
Registration date : 2009-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Insane tech GBs   Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:06 pm

fireowners wrote:
Dude, if u want to compare with the other GB players at the shop yesterday, I can tell u that it is like comparing a tank with a bicycle. Their decks has random cards which do not help them at all, E.G GB Alexander.. And they also tend to do a whole lot of mistakes. So point is, getting second at a 19 people tournament does not make you the best in the world. And another thing is that there are different types of matchups, be it good or bad, u cant control it. Just try your best to play out of it, dun blame the match up.

Lastly, do not imply that a GB deck is not one because it does not have test tigers. Different builds of GBs exist in the game, both with and without tigers. It has its pros and cons, like drawing it at a bad timing is just bad.. So please do not criticize other people's decklist

How u compare tank with bicycle sia. Compare missle with bullet also easier.
Back to top Go down
fireowners
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist


Number of posts : 1332
Age : 23
Location : Singapore
Registration date : 2008-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Insane tech GBs   Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:21 pm

egoboy wrote:
fireowners wrote:
Dude, if u want to compare with the other GB players at the shop yesterday, I can tell u that it is like comparing a tank with a bicycle. Their decks has random cards which do not help them at all, E.G GB Alexander.. And they also tend to do a whole lot of mistakes. So point is, getting second at a 19 people tournament does not make you the best in the world. And another thing is that there are different types of matchups, be it good or bad, u cant control it. Just try your best to play out of it, dun blame the match up.

Lastly, do not imply that a GB deck is not one because it does not have test tigers. Different builds of GBs exist in the game, both with and without tigers. It has its pros and cons, like drawing it at a bad timing is just bad.. So please do not criticize other people's decklist

How u compare tank with bicycle sia. Compare missle with bullet also easier.

Get the idea can ler... Machiam like david and goliath story lor
Back to top Go down
Kenshin
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist


Number of posts : 726
Age : 29
Location : clementi
Registration date : 2010-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Insane tech GBs   Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:38 pm

trolololol
Back to top Go down
Chieflion
Duelist
Duelist


Number of posts : 15
Age : 23
Location : With my Roman Gladiators
Registration date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Insane tech GBs   Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:41 pm

shaunewbiez wrote:
Well, Chieflion, being a very average GB player having the deck and playing variants of it, I would first like to tell you that you probably ran into the proper matches, and with all due respect all you accomplished was coming in 2nd in a tournament with 19 participants, so please do not act like you're the world champion.

Let me remind you, that Full Yen is one of the lesser known card shops which barely host tournaments. Not to mention that it is out of the way, and therefore most players active in the competitive scene would not want to take such a tremendously long journey there.

I'm not here to pick a fight, nor criticise your deck. I'm merely here to tell you, please do not let this "2nd position" get to your head, because if you think topping in a $3 tournament earns you bragging rights, let me tell you right now - it doesn't.

I've played different matchups and I definitely do not like to play against Twilight with Royal Decree and Six Samurai. That said, that guy treated my deck like trash and posted a netdecked build and told me that it was some sort of proper build. You are free to crtiticize my build, Tigers, Respites, Dimensional Fissure or not. I went through all of them and decided to test out a new idea with Horn of the Phantom Beast and made it work.

I'm not acting arrogant here. I'm just saying that I can enjoy some success with this deck while testing out new ideas. I'm sorry if I am not going to be like every other GB players, playing the same dragged out deck and copying others online. If you want to say that I'm ignorant, that's fine too.

Just like if they don't want to travel all the way here to Yew Tee, I don't wish to travel all the way to Hougang. So without testing this deck out, how can you say it doesn't work as well as a netdecked build? Yes, I may be new to the competitive scene but I know what I can do to try and win, and that is to be original and come up with new ideas.
Back to top Go down
Chieflion
Duelist
Duelist


Number of posts : 15
Age : 23
Location : With my Roman Gladiators
Registration date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Insane tech GBs   Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:13 pm

fireowners wrote:
Dude, if u want to compare with the other GB players at the shop yesterday, I can tell u that it is like comparing a tank with a bicycle. Their decks has random cards which do not help them at all, E.G GB Alexander.. And they also tend to do a whole lot of mistakes. So point is, getting second at a 19 people tournament does not make you the best in the world. And another thing is that there are different types of matchups, be it good or bad, u cant control it. Just try your best to play out of it, dun blame the match up.

Lastly, do not imply that a GB deck is not one because it does not have test tigers. Different builds of GBs exist in the game, both with and without tigers. It has its pros and cons, like drawing it at a bad timing is just bad.. So please do not criticize other people's decklist

I didn't say that I can control the matchup. What I can tell you that I wanted to make my deck be less weak to decks which I have a bad matchup to, be it Agents, Machina Gadget or Six Samurai. To tell you the truth, I used to not like Tigers in my deck too as they always clogged my hand up and were sometimes a horrible top deck. Then, I took them out, and realized that I did not have outs against big monsters like Karakuri shoguns. So, I decided to put them at 2, and they are working quite well. If I needed a big push to win, especially in a format where big monsters like Hyperion, Grapha and many synchros exist, I had no choice but to use Tigers. The game was too fast for me not to use Tigers. I know that Tiger and Tigerless builds both exist and both have their pros and cons. Gladiator Beasts alone are already consistent enough I need some explosiveness for me to win some games. Who's to say I couldn't side the Tigers out later on in the match anyway.

On Horn of the Phantom Beast and Trap Stun, people have told me the contradiction and I'm already planning to replace the Trap Stun. However, what most people don't realize is that if I'm activating Trap Stun, I am usually going to summon Gyzarus. and destroy 2 cards. By then, Horn of the Phantom Beast would have done enough to generate hand advantage, while my boss monsters finish the job.

What that poster, again, was telling me that his netdecked build was supposedly the proper build. Yes, it was proper, but he also tried to tell me that I won all my matches just because of luck, which I cannot accept. If everyone could do it, they would have done it. Again, it is okay to criticize my build, but don't act like you have tested my build and the individual techs. I doubt that was the case.

I did not see any GB deck that has Alexander in it. If there was, there was probably like one of them anyway. I did not post my deck to brag, I posted the deck on 4th August and the tourney was on the 6th. It just coincided that I asked the forum for help with my deck and thoughts on some techs in it and topped with the exact build 2 days later.

It is better than losing in the 1st round outright. If someone wants to flame me based on a tourney result and a decklist without testing a similar deck and just saying that my deck sucks outright, no problem, they are making a fool out of themselves. I'm open to new creative ideas and not some rip-off stolen from other websites. The guy who was flaming me was the one who was acting arrogant, not me. I'm here to seek new ideas, not see a netdeck that I've played against before.
Back to top Go down
-Mama-_-lemon-
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist


Number of posts : 647
Age : 22
Location : singapore
Registration date : 2011-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Insane tech GBs   Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:56 pm

nice compo there, i would give an A
Back to top Go down
awesomehazelnuts
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist


Number of posts : 1819
Age : 21
Location : west beach,florida
Registration date : 2010-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Insane tech GBs   Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:59 pm


"What that poster, again, was telling me that his netdecked build was supposedly the proper build. Yes, it was proper, but he also tried to tell me that I won all my matches just because of luck, which I cannot accept. If everyone could do it, they would have done it. Again, it is okay to criticize my build, but don't act like you have tested my build and the individual techs. I doubt that was the case."

"It is better than losing in the 1st round outright. If someone wants to flame me based on a tourney result and a decklist without testing a similar deck and just saying that my deck sucks outright, no problem, they are making a fool out of themselves. I'm open to new creative ideas and not some rip-off stolen from other websites. The guy who was flaming me was the one who was acting arrogant, not me. I'm here to seek new ideas, not see a netdeck that I've played against before."

Did someone just say netdeck?

http://sg-ygo.userboard.net/t3537-gladiator-beast-and-plants
Back to top Go down
http://highlevelgaming.wordpress.com
bannified
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist


Number of posts : 307
Age : 20
Location : On your computer screen
Registration date : 2010-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Insane tech GBs   Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:11 pm

Okay. Your deck isn't outright bad, but to be honest, it isn't insanely good either. It's not like you can top every tourney with it, unless you show us you CAN.

Maybe top more tourneys LIKE A POHSENG and we'll all shut up and believe your deck's good and consistent and luck isn't a major factor in you winning.

Honestly, I can't see how Test Tiger will help you deal with Shi En, unless Shi En is always the only monster on your opponent's field.
Back to top Go down
shaunewbiez
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist


Number of posts : 1641
Age : 22
Location : Loyang, Pasir Ris
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Insane tech GBs   Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:18 pm

Chieflion wrote:
shaunewbiez wrote:
Well, Chieflion, being a very average GB player having the deck and playing variants of it, I would first like to tell you that you probably ran into the proper matches, and with all due respect all you accomplished was coming in 2nd in a tournament with 19 participants, so please do not act like you're the world champion.

Let me remind you, that Full Yen is one of the lesser known card shops which barely host tournaments. Not to mention that it is out of the way, and therefore most players active in the competitive scene would not want to take such a tremendously long journey there.

I'm not here to pick a fight, nor criticise your deck. I'm merely here to tell you, please do not let this "2nd position" get to your head, because if you think topping in a $3 tournament earns you bragging rights, let me tell you right now - it doesn't.

I've played different matchups and I definitely do not like to play against Twilight with Royal Decree and Six Samurai. That said, that guy treated my deck like trash and posted a netdecked build and told me that it was some sort of proper build. You are free to crtiticize my build, Tigers, Respites, Dimensional Fissure or not. I went through all of them and decided to test out a new idea with Horn of the Phantom Beast and made it work.

I'm not acting arrogant here. I'm just saying that I can enjoy some success with this deck while testing out new ideas. I'm sorry if I am not going to be like every other GB players, playing the same dragged out deck and copying others online. If you want to say that I'm ignorant, that's fine too.

Just like if they don't want to travel all the way here to Yew Tee, I don't wish to travel all the way to Hougang. So without testing this deck out, how can you say it doesn't work as well as a netdecked build? Yes, I may be new to the competitive scene but I know what I can do to try and win, and that is to be original and come up with new ideas.

With regards to the two bolded sentences. May I asked how he "netdecked"? I don't believe that there is such a thing as netdecking when it is very obvious which cards work in a deck and what not. Would I accuse you of netdecking your average Hero Beat just because you did not throw in my oh-so-favourite Elemental Hero Bubbleman, therefore making it "not unique" and that you're just playing the same dragged out deck and copying others online?

A duelist which I look up to and respect very much although there are close to none that I actually respect and look up to once told me that "If a deck is meant to be competitive, there is no "unique" build for it, and instead, they share the same core build with a very slight differences known as "techs", because if a deck was meant to have so much synergy already when using those cards, surely someone else in this world had discovered it before you."

So please, keep your pants on, coming in 2nd during a $3 tournament in a secluded area of Singapore doesn't mean you're Jesus Christ.
Back to top Go down
Chieflion
Duelist
Duelist


Number of posts : 15
Age : 23
Location : With my Roman Gladiators
Registration date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Insane tech GBs   Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:56 pm

shaunewbiez wrote:
Chieflion wrote:
shaunewbiez wrote:
Well, Chieflion, being a very average GB player having the deck and playing variants of it, I would first like to tell you that you probably ran into the proper matches, and with all due respect all you accomplished was coming in 2nd in a tournament with 19 participants, so please do not act like you're the world champion.

Let me remind you, that Full Yen is one of the lesser known card shops which barely host tournaments. Not to mention that it is out of the way, and therefore most players active in the competitive scene would not want to take such a tremendously long journey there.

I'm not here to pick a fight, nor criticise your deck. I'm merely here to tell you, please do not let this "2nd position" get to your head, because if you think topping in a $3 tournament earns you bragging rights, let me tell you right now - it doesn't.

I've played different matchups and I definitely do not like to play against Twilight with Royal Decree and Six Samurai. That said, that guy treated my deck like trash and posted a netdecked build and told me that it was some sort of proper build. You are free to crtiticize my build, Tigers, Respites, Dimensional Fissure or not. I went through all of them and decided to test out a new idea with Horn of the Phantom Beast and made it work.

I'm not acting arrogant here. I'm just saying that I can enjoy some success with this deck while testing out new ideas. I'm sorry if I am not going to be like every other GB players, playing the same dragged out deck and copying others online. If you want to say that I'm ignorant, that's fine too.

Just like if they don't want to travel all the way here to Yew Tee, I don't wish to travel all the way to Hougang. So without testing this deck out, how can you say it doesn't work as well as a netdecked build? Yes, I may be new to the competitive scene but I know what I can do to try and win, and that is to be original and come up with new ideas.

With regards to the two bolded sentences. May I asked how he "netdecked"? I don't believe that there is such a thing as netdecking when it is very obvious which cards work in a deck and what not. Would I accuse you of netdecking your average Hero Beat just because you did not throw in my oh-so-favourite Elemental Hero Bubbleman, therefore making it "not unique" and that you're just playing the same dragged out deck and copying others online?

A duelist which I look up to and respect very much although there are close to none that I actually respect and look up to once told me that "If a deck is meant to be competitive, there is no "unique" build for it, and instead, they share the same core build with a very slight differences known as "techs", because if a deck was meant to have so much synergy already when using those cards, surely someone else in this world had discovered it before you."

So please, keep your pants on, coming in 2nd during a $3 tournament in a secluded area of Singapore doesn't mean you're Jesus Christ.

At which part of the thread was I arrogant and acting like I was the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ?
Back to top Go down
xxn00biexx
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist


Number of posts : 593
Age : 25
Location : Where I think is home
Registration date : 2010-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Insane tech GBs   Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:58 pm

bannified wrote:
Honestly, I can't see how Test Tiger will help you deal with Shi En, unless Shi En is always the only monster on your opponent's field.

Because Test Tiger can run over Thunder-King Rai-Oh. *shudders at Mango's epic Test Tiger with max equips*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Insane tech GBs   Today at 2:06 am

Back to top Go down
 
Insane tech GBs
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Insane theory
» Virginia Tech Projected Depth Chart
» A hero's rule 2: good tech card?
» [TIPS] Turnigy nano-tech 4200mAh battery for M-Chassis or nimh battery compartments
» My Tech Genus!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: YUGIOH :: YuGiOh! General :: Deck Garage-
Jump to: