Welcome to Yugioh! Singapore forum. Please login.

Have a nice day.

A place for YuGiOh fans or players to gather and chat

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

2011 Anti-Meta, should work in TCG and OCG

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DIYDeath
Duelist
Duelist

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2010-12-16

PostSubject: 2011 Anti-Meta, should work in TCG and OCG   Mon May 02, 2011 5:01 am

Alright, this is my creation: D.D. Malefic Drain.
The focus is to control the field so well that your opponent can't do anything meaningful until it's too late.

Each card listed has a description of its function in the deck. I'll go over basic strategies for the deck after the end of the deck list.

Monsters: (20)

Beast King Barbaros x3 (Draw Engine, Beaststick, If tribute summoned destroys opponent's field.)
Malefic Stardust x3 (Draw Engine, Beatstick, Field Spell protector)
Blue-Eyes x3 (Draw Engine, Beatstick)
Malefic Cyber End x3 (MASSIVE BEAT STICK)
Fusilier Dragon x3 (Beatstick)
Malefic Blue-Eyes x3 (Draw Engine, Beatstick, Deck Thinner)
D.D. Survivor x2 (reoccurring tribute fodder and life point protector)

Spells: (14)

Future Visions x2 (control normal summons)
Terraforming x1 (deck thinner)
Rota x1 (deck thinner)
Allure x1 (draw power)
Trade-In x3 (draw power)
Gravekeeper's Servant x3 (mill, attack lockdown)
Dimensional Fissure x3 (Graveyard lockdown, effect lockdown, attack lockdown)

Traps: (6)

Skill Drain x3 (effect lockdown)
Trap Stun x3 (protection, negation)

Basic Strategies:

Use Future Visions to remove Fusilier or Beast King. When they come back they'll have their 3000 or 2800 attack.

Use Skill Drain to keep your Malefics on the field while you have no field spell

Tribute Survivors for Blue-Eyes if needed (Blue-Eyes is better used for Trade-In)
Tribute Survivors+one other monster for Beast King, destroying all cards your opponent controls. Use Trap Stun to negate your Skill Drain to allow this effect to take place.

Over all I've found this deck extremely effective against every deck in the current meta-game.

Skill Drain takes out all on field threat effects.
D. Fissure takes out all graveyard threat effects.
GK's Servant+D.Fissure=opponent can't declare their attack.
Future Visions makes it so your opponent can't normal summon without losing field presence, allowing you to pick off their set monsters or attack directly for massive damage.

The only thing I've found that counters this deck is....well...nothing. Once the lockdown is out your opponent can't do anything against it and because of the speed of the draw engine you'll have doubles of your lockdown components ready for those dust tornadoes and MST.

If Heavy Storm comes back though, this build may suffer and Starlight Road might be required.
Back to top Go down
elijahkwanxy
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist

Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2009-12-16

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Anti-Meta, should work in TCG and OCG   Mon May 02, 2011 9:26 am

imo, more field spells are needed. There are 9 malefic in this deck? do u come to dead draws sometime..?
Back to top Go down
csygerald
Duelist
Duelist

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2011-02-27

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Anti-Meta, should work in TCG and OCG   Mon May 02, 2011 11:47 am

add 1 more future visions and more terraforming. i tink take out gravekeepers servant like not very useful. maybe u can add forbidden chalice ?
Back to top Go down
vampirerion
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Anti-Meta, should work in TCG and OCG   Mon May 02, 2011 12:04 pm

confirm can add forbidden lance
Back to top Go down
winkles
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

Number of posts : 365
Registration date : 2011-02-06

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Anti-Meta, should work in TCG and OCG   Mon May 02, 2011 1:07 pm

i will try this deck and scrub locals lol
Back to top Go down
bishzor101
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist

Number of posts : 680
Registration date : 2008-11-29

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Anti-Meta, should work in TCG and OCG   Mon May 02, 2011 1:09 pm

The deck counters itself by giving yourself a high chance of dead draws.

What I would suggest is:
-3 Blue Eyes
-3 Malefic Blue Eyes

+3 Raiou
+3 Doomcaliber Knight

-3 Fusiliser
+1 Future Visions
+2 Terraforming

-2 D.D. Survivor
+2 Solemn Warning
Back to top Go down
DIYDeath
Duelist
Duelist

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Anti-Meta, should work in TCG and OCG   Tue May 03, 2011 3:31 am

vampirerion wrote:
confirm can add forbidden lance

Yeah, good side/main. I'll invest when I'm not broke, lol.

elijahkwanxy wrote:
imo, more field spells are needed. There are 9 malefic in this deck? do u come to dead draws sometime..?

Yes, but the dead draws are compensated by the attack lockdown. There are very rare matches where you lose because of dead draws and no attack lockdown. I also have sides to help with consistency that I won't share before regionals. I suggest experimenting with additional draw power and your own "touch of lemon" but I've found this deck owns the most because of the GK's Servant/D. Fissure lockdown.

csygerald wrote:
add 1 more future visions and more terraforming. i tink take out gravekeepers servant like not very useful. maybe u can add forbidden chalice ?

I have another Future Visions sided. Be careful though because the draw engine will get you more dead draws if you add more consistency...which the draw engine gives....wut?

bishzor101 wrote:
The deck counters itself by giving yourself a high chance of dead draws.

Explain please?

Quote :

What I would suggest is:
-3 Blue Eyes
-3 Malefic Blue Eyes

+3 Raiou
+3 Doomcaliber Knight

-3 Fusiliser
+1 Future Visions
+2 Terraforming

-2 D.D. Survivor
+2 Solemn Warning

Basically this destroys the Trade-In draw engine and you may as well run Malefic World instead of Future Visions to boost your consistency through the roof.
Back to top Go down
vampirerion
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Anti-Meta, should work in TCG and OCG   Tue May 03, 2011 9:36 pm

how expensive can forbidden lance be?? =.=

You are so gonna get [censored by admin] if your opponent uses Royal Oppression on you.
Back to top Go down
elijahkwanxy
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist

Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2009-12-16

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Anti-Meta, should work in TCG and OCG   Tue May 03, 2011 9:52 pm

vampirerion wrote:

You are so gonna get [censored by admin] if your opponent uses Royal Oppression on you.

Forbidden lances' price have increased from $8 to around $18 now... So, people may want to play without it first. $18.. +2 u can get a brd. And... theres other cheaper ways to get around oppression..
Back to top Go down
winkles
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Anti-Meta, should work in TCG and OCG   Tue May 03, 2011 10:22 pm

elijahkwanxy wrote:
vampirerion wrote:

Forbidden lances' price have increased from $8 to around $18 now... So, people may want to play without it first. $18.. +2 u can get a brd. And... theres other cheaper ways to get around oppression..

its the same concept as trishula u pay for wat u get best to get forbidden lance for more effectiveness
Back to top Go down
vampirerion
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Anti-Meta, should work in TCG and OCG   Tue May 03, 2011 10:40 pm

elijahkwanxy wrote:
vampirerion wrote:

lance doesnt even get around oppression. Lance is just to make your boss attack sucessful.
Back to top Go down
winkles
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Anti-Meta, should work in TCG and OCG   Tue May 03, 2011 10:43 pm

vampirerion wrote:
elijahkwanxy wrote:
vampirerion wrote:

lance doesnt even get around oppression. Lance is just to make your boss attack sucessful.

unless your boss eat snowmaneater lols.
Back to top Go down
vampirerion
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Anti-Meta, should work in TCG and OCG   Tue May 03, 2011 11:26 pm

winkles wrote:
vampirerion wrote:
elijahkwanxy wrote:
vampirerion wrote:

unless your boss eat snowmaneater lols.

his deck got skill drain.
Back to top Go down
DIYDeath
Duelist
Duelist

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Anti-Meta, should work in TCG and OCG   Wed May 04, 2011 1:26 am

Skill Drain>effect monsters. For now because it's cheaper I'll stick to not using Forbidden Lance but when I can afford it I'll be using it. Thanks for the suggestions.
Any others? Please don't say needs more consistency. The deck is pretty consistent as is and is even more consistent with proper sides.
Back to top Go down
bloodface
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist

Number of posts : 1354
Registration date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Anti-Meta, should work in TCG and OCG   Wed May 04, 2011 6:39 pm

+2 necrovalley
+2 GK commandant

-3 blue eyes and sin blue eyes
+1 machine emperor wisel
Back to top Go down
winkles
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Anti-Meta, should work in TCG and OCG   Wed May 04, 2011 6:50 pm

beware of trap stun cuz if i not wrong x sabers still pretty popular in tcg hyunlei plays can nuke your field thats why necrovalley is a good addition i would say this is your best deck upon comparing with all the rubbish u made before can try main one mst
Back to top Go down
vampirerion
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Anti-Meta, should work in TCG and OCG   Wed May 04, 2011 10:42 pm

winkles wrote:
beware of trap stun cuz if i not wrong x sabers still pretty popular in tcg hyunlei plays can nuke your field thats why necrovalley is a good addition i would say this is your best deck upon comparing with all the rubbish u made before can try main one mst

no this is still rubbish.
Back to top Go down
winkles
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Anti-Meta, should work in TCG and OCG   Wed May 04, 2011 10:52 pm

vampirerion wrote:
winkles wrote:

no this is still rubbish.

more high tier rubbish?
Back to top Go down
DIYDeath
Duelist
Duelist

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Anti-Meta, should work in TCG and OCG   Thu May 05, 2011 1:43 am

bloodface wrote:
+2 necrovalley
+2 GK commandant

-3 blue eyes and sin blue eyes
+1 machine emperor wisel

Commandant needs to be sent to the graveyard to grab Necrovalley. I'd have to remove D. FIssure and lose important lockdowns in order for this to work. And if I did that I'd be running 3 commandant and 3 necrovalleys. That's also my unshared Malefickeeper deck strategy, lol. Not sure if I'm using that or this in regionals...we'll see.

P.S. D. Fissure and/or skill drain decimates X Sabers. Plus I special summon everything so if you negate one I'll just summon another and eat away your resources.

Oppression does "f**k" this deck but oppression is at 1 and I run 3 trap stuns with double MST sided. I almost never run into oppression issues that cost me the game. P.S. remember that this deck slaps people around for massive damage each hit so even 1 use of oppression can get the opponent killed.
Back to top Go down
bloodface
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Anti-Meta, should work in TCG and OCG   Thu May 05, 2011 3:26 pm

its ok if you don put in commandant but main 3 necrovalley instead cos your field spell is quite little and i think you should what if you don hav skill drain and your field magic just got mst away and your field was like 3 sin monster , instant -3
Back to top Go down
xxn00biexx
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2010-07-28

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Anti-Meta, should work in TCG and OCG   Thu May 05, 2011 4:10 pm

bloodface wrote:
its ok if you don put in commandant but main 3 necrovalley instead cos your field spell is quite little and i think you should what if you don hav skill drain and your field magic just got mst away and your field was like 3 sin monster , instant -3

I'm pretty sure you can't Special Summon 3 Sin Monsters even if Skill Drain on the field as it is a condition.
Back to top Go down
bloodface
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Anti-Meta, should work in TCG and OCG   Thu May 05, 2011 6:15 pm

oh ya i forgot sry my bad
Back to top Go down
winkles
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Anti-Meta, should work in TCG and OCG   Thu May 05, 2011 6:19 pm

bloodface wrote:

archlord krystia,Fossil Dyna Pachycephalo,rai-oh,grave of super ancient organism,imperial iron wall still kills him lol and mind u DIYDeath i can bet u that atleast 2 copies of 2 of the cards i listed are sided or mained sure u have 3 copies of skill drain but if u encounter grave of organism and a facedown fossil dyna u are screwed.side one veiler

Back to top Go down
vampirerion
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Anti-Meta, should work in TCG and OCG   Thu May 05, 2011 6:26 pm

Although your rubbish has improved this time round, it still sucks like shit.
Back to top Go down
winkles
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Anti-Meta, should work in TCG and OCG   Thu May 05, 2011 6:36 pm

its still a very slow deck compared to the meta so i dun see a time when u can even lock your opponent but more of u getting quasared to death especially if u lose the dice roll you are severely disadvantaged i am really wondering whether u have faced a dandy variant or six sam and i dun mean small little 6 year olds who just play those decks cuz they look pretty
Back to top Go down
vampirerion
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Anti-Meta, should work in TCG and OCG   Thu May 05, 2011 7:02 pm

winkles wrote:
its still a very slow deck compared to the meta so i dun see a time when u can even lock your opponent but more of u getting quasared to death especially if u lose the dice roll you are severely disadvantaged i am really wondering whether u have faced a dandy variant or six sam and i dun mean small little 6 year olds who just play those decks cuz they look pretty

totally true.

Back to top Go down
Munk
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Anti-Meta, should work in TCG and OCG   Thu May 05, 2011 7:06 pm

winkles wrote:
bloodface wrote:

archlord krystia,Fossil Dyna Pachycephalo,rai-oh,grave of super ancient organism,imperial iron wall still kills him lol and mind u DIYDeath i can bet u that atleast 2 copies of 2 of the cards i listed are sided or mained sure u have 3 copies of skill drain but if u encounter grave of organism and a facedown fossil dyna u are screwed.side one veiler

Krystia kills everything please. Senseless
Back to top Go down
bloodface
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Anti-Meta, should work in TCG and OCG   Thu May 05, 2011 7:10 pm

his deck totally no defence against trunade lor lol
Back to top Go down
vampirerion
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Anti-Meta, should work in TCG and OCG   Thu May 05, 2011 7:11 pm

bloodface wrote:
his deck totally no defence against trunade lor lol

He will just say trunade at 1 and he rarely gets hit by trunade like how i told him about oppression.
Back to top Go down
Munk
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Anti-Meta, should work in TCG and OCG   Thu May 05, 2011 7:12 pm

Trunade now normal deck only can solemn ley. @_@ Strongest spell card in this format
Back to top Go down
vampirerion
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Anti-Meta, should work in TCG and OCG   Thu May 05, 2011 7:13 pm

Munk wrote:
Trunade now normal deck only can solemn ley. @_@ Strongest spell card in this format

of cus no.9 so pro anything he say is right.
Back to top Go down
Munk
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Anti-Meta, should work in TCG and OCG   Thu May 05, 2011 7:13 pm

vampirerion wrote:
Munk wrote:

of cus no.9 so pro anything he say is right.

Go and die.
Back to top Go down
winkles
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Anti-Meta, should work in TCG and OCG   Thu May 05, 2011 7:14 pm

Munk wrote:
winkles wrote:
bloodface wrote:

krystia dies to ryko lol
Back to top Go down
vampirerion
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Anti-Meta, should work in TCG and OCG   Thu May 05, 2011 7:14 pm

winkles wrote:
Munk wrote:
winkles wrote:
bloodface wrote:

krystia dies to ryko lol

Please.... Grand Mole gets rid of both.
Back to top Go down
Munk
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Anti-Meta, should work in TCG and OCG   Thu May 05, 2011 7:15 pm

Okay. Got what card is flawless de?
Back to top Go down
vampirerion
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Anti-Meta, should work in TCG and OCG   Thu May 05, 2011 7:16 pm

Munk wrote:
Okay. Got what card is flawless de?

none... all card got weakness.... Yugi said before like many years ago. So did Yusei when he faced some super imba shit =.= .....

Anime style please.
Back to top Go down
winkles
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Anti-Meta, should work in TCG and OCG   Thu May 05, 2011 7:19 pm

i dun see how this deck is anti meta when a normal gravekeeper pwns this shit

dark dive bomber is very near flawless
Back to top Go down
vampirerion
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Anti-Meta, should work in TCG and OCG   Thu May 05, 2011 7:20 pm

winkles wrote:

we already mentioned Christia la boy =.=
Back to top Go down
vampirerion
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Anti-Meta, should work in TCG and OCG   Thu May 05, 2011 7:22 pm

brb i go pcc awhile. you guys chat first haha.
Back to top Go down
Munk
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Anti-Meta, should work in TCG and OCG   Thu May 05, 2011 7:22 pm

winkles wrote:

Okay. JUST DDB. Now ruling Btmless wins the game. Or you want Warning? For the speed 3?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Anti-Meta, should work in TCG and OCG   Today at 5:42 am

Back to top Go down

2011 Anti-Meta, should work in TCG and OCG
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next