Welcome to Yugioh! Singapore forum. Please login.

Have a nice day.

A place for YuGiOh fans or players to gather and chat

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Neos alius,Gravekeeper's Commandant,Super polymerization

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ernestkwanxz
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2010-09-27

PostSubject: Neos alius,Gravekeeper's Commandant,Super polymerization   Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:26 pm

i have a neos alius on the field face down, opp have a Gravekeeper's Commandant on field. he attacks my neos alius. can i open super polymerization?
Back to top Go down
Viral
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Neos alius,Gravekeeper's Commandant,Super polymerization   Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:28 pm

If i remember correctly can, just reveal the card like contact fusion
Back to top Go down
holylight
Judai Yuki
Judai Yuki

Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2010-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Neos alius,Gravekeeper's Commandant,Super polymerization   Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:32 am

If i not wrong is cannot. cause his gravekeeper's commandant attack your neo allius already so is in damage step already so you cannot open super polymerization in damage step.
Back to top Go down
titration
Judai Yuki
Judai Yuki

Number of posts : 2939
Registration date : 2009-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Neos alius,Gravekeeper's Commandant,Super polymerization   Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:34 am

if enter dmg step alr nope,if declare attack,still can
Back to top Go down
elijahkwanxy
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist

Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2009-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Neos alius,Gravekeeper's Commandant,Super polymerization   Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:21 am

some indian guy cheated in a mini tourney today against this little boy -_- declare attack he wanna activate super polymerization, CANNOT CANNOT! -_-
Back to top Go down
ernestkwanxz
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2010-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Neos alius,Gravekeeper's Commandant,Super polymerization   Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:22 am

i declared attack man
Back to top Go down
winkles
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

Number of posts : 365
Registration date : 2011-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Neos alius,Gravekeeper's Commandant,Super polymerization   Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:22 am

are u talking about the guy who play with tritration today?
Back to top Go down
Viral
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

PostSubject: Re: Neos alius,Gravekeeper's Commandant,Super polymerization   Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:26 am

Eh you guys are mistaking something.

Declare attack you enter Battle step, which in this case you still can activate super poly.

However, if Damage step is already reached which means u already passed the chance to use super poly, you obviously can't use it.
Back to top Go down
holylight
Judai Yuki
Judai Yuki

PostSubject: Re: Neos alius,Gravekeeper's Commandant,Super polymerization   Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:28 am

ernestkwanxz wrote:
i have a neos alius on the field face down, opp have a Gravekeeper's Commandant on field. he attacks my neos alius. can i open super polymerization?

Viral wrote:
Eh you guys are mistaking something.

Declare attack you enter Battle step, which in this case you still can activate super poly.

However, if Damage step is already reached which means u already passed the chance to use super poly, you obviously can't used it.

ernestkwanxz mean gk commandant attack face dwn neos alius then is already in damage step liao how to open super polymerization?
Back to top Go down
Viral
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

PostSubject: Re: Neos alius,Gravekeeper's Commandant,Super polymerization   Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:38 am

I don't get it. No matter how i look at it you can super poly unless like i posted before, u enter damage step by passing the chance to use it.

I thought this was going to be a question on whether you can super poly facedown cards >.>
Back to top Go down
holylight
Judai Yuki
Judai Yuki

PostSubject: Re: Neos alius,Gravekeeper's Commandant,Super polymerization   Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:40 am

Viral wrote:
I don't get it. No matter how i look at it you can super poly unless like i posted before, u enter damage step by passing the chance to use it.

I thought this was going to be a question on whether you can super poly facedown cards >.>

how to super poly face down card?? u tell me?
Back to top Go down
Viral
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

PostSubject: Re: Neos alius,Gravekeeper's Commandant,Super polymerization   Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:42 am

If it belongs to you, you can super poly it.

Unless its your opponents. Like in my first post I'm not sure of this, but I remember should be can.
Back to top Go down
Lauren
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2009-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Neos alius,Gravekeeper's Commandant,Super polymerization   Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:35 pm

Note: There is a tl;dr below for those who want to get straight to the answer.

Battle Step Breakdown

Attack Declaration:

Turn player declares an attack with a Monster he/she controls. He/She has the Priority to open Spell Speed 2 or higher cards.

If the turn player passes Priority to his/her opponent, his/her opponent can activate effects that respond to the attack (eg.Magic Cylinder,Sakuretsu Armor, Mirror Force, Dimensional Prison) or other cards with timing she can meet (eg.Super Polymerization, Book of Moon, Gemini Spark, Raigeki Break, Phoenix Wing Wind Blast, Mind Crush, Trap Dustshoot, Royal Decree, Trap Stun, Mystical Space Typhoon - Practically anything else that doesn't need a specific timing to activate).

If both players pass their Priority during the attack declaration or the Attack Declaration Chain is completed, it is now Before the Damage Step (Not the Damage Step yet).

Before the Damage Step:

You can now activate your other Spell Speed 2 or higher cards here other than those that must be activated during Attack Declaration(Mirror Force, Dimensional Prison). Several Chains can be created in this part of the Battle Step until both players agree to enter the Damage Step.

Damage Step(Won't go into too much of detail here):

The only cards that can be activated here are:

Counter Trap Cards AKA Spell Speed 3 Cards (Solemn Judgment, Solemn Warning, Seven Tools of The Bandit)

Spell Speed 2 Cards that alter the ATK/DEF of Monsters (Honest, Shrink)

Effects that specify its use in the Damage Step.

Quick Effect Monster Effects(Herald of Orange Light, Herald of Pefection, LADD, Stardust Dragon - I have seen many players using Ryko to destroy Stardust just because they said that Stardust can't be activated during the Damage Step, which is totally wrong.)

Also, other cards like Michizure, can't think other examples.

tl;dr:

You can activate Super Poly in these parts of the Battle Step:

Attack Declaration

Before Damage Step

But not in the:

Damage Step

And for the Face-Down Super Polymerization thing, you can send your Fusion Materials even if they are face-down, as long as it is on your side of the field. So you can send your face-down Alius for Super Poly, but not your opponent's face-down Commandant (Just an example).

Same thing goes with Chimeratech Fortress Dragon, you can Tribute Set your Cyber Dragon to "Contact Fusion" with your opponent's Machines while avoiding Bottomless Trap Hole.

Back to top Go down
http://ygoduelist.wordpress.com
iosmk
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2010-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Neos alius,Gravekeeper's Commandant,Super polymerization   Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:48 pm

same as chimeratech fortress dragon. if u have 1 cydra faceup and facedown machine type monster, u can contact fusion it. it is because ur own facedown monster is still treated as macchine. same as icarus atk, its winged beast.and for neos allius, i think u can, cause GB gyzarus also can be contacted even if bestiari is facedown. and abt opening super poly. this is the chain.
A declare atk with commandant, targetting facedown allius.
B wants to response since its in battle step. I use super poly. fusion.

Note = as long as it is before damage step, it can be activated. if u play NDS u will understand. anyway im the one who get 2nd prize ytd.
Back to top Go down
ChickenNoodle
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist

Number of posts : 1031
Registration date : 2010-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Neos alius,Gravekeeper's Commandant,Super polymerization   Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:28 pm

In conclusion, Ernest, you were able to Super Polymerization your face-down Neos Alius and the GK Commadant in yesterday's game.

It is possible that your opponent was rulesharking you, BUT IT IS ALSO possible that he thought you activated it in the Damage Step. To prevent such "mistakes" next time, shout "ATTACK DECLARATION! (or BEFORE DAMAGE STEP!) SUPER POLYMERIZATION!" like a Yuki Judai.

If your opponent goes like "You can't", explain things slowly. If that doesn't work, call the Judge. Make sure that you are able to explain the situation very carefully, and speak using the correct terms.
Back to top Go down
http://teamaequus.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Neos alius,Gravekeeper's Commandant,Super polymerization   Today at 10:08 pm

Back to top Go down

Neos alius,Gravekeeper's Commandant,Super polymerization
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1