Welcome to Yugioh! Singapore forum. Please login.

Have a nice day.

A place for YuGiOh fans or players to gather and chat

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

ROTA vs mind crush

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
t1ssue
Duelist
Duelist

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: ROTA vs mind crush   Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:39 am

I know this is old...but it was discussed again

ROTA's effect allows the player to add a level 4 or below warrior type monster into his hand. So can mind crush be activated in response to the addition of card to the player's hand?

thx~~
Back to top Go down
holylight
Judai Yuki
Judai Yuki

Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2010-04-22

PostSubject: Re: ROTA vs mind crush   Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:57 am

t1ssue wrote:

ROTA's effect allows the player to add a level 4 or below warrior type monster into his hand. So can mind crush be activated in response to the addition of card to the player's hand?

thx~~

i think yes ba cause a lot of ppl say can. but of the old player like ling bu say cannot so u must ask ds or akira
Back to top Go down
Phil90
Duelist
Duelist

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2010-04-04

PostSubject: Re: ROTA vs mind crush   Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:31 am

after ROTA resolve liao, activate mindcrush lo. i duno how they argue until cannot activate. rofl
Back to top Go down
t1ssue
Duelist
Duelist

PostSubject: Re: ROTA vs mind crush   Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:35 am

the argument is that since its the turn player that adds cards to the hand, the turn player has to start sth b4 the opposing player can activate cards in response.
sth like this....

ROTA-airman....normal summon airman (cannot mindcrush)
ROTA-airman....sets card-activate mindcrush in response to the setting of a card

so im not really sure wad happens here =.=
Back to top Go down
Phil90
Duelist
Duelist

PostSubject: Re: ROTA vs mind crush   Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:29 pm

then, there's no such thing as draw phase trapdustshoot liao lor, since the opposing player isn't doing anything.
Back to top Go down
lingbu
Judai Yuki
Judai Yuki

Number of posts : 2945
Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Re: ROTA vs mind crush   Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:06 pm

Phil90 wrote:
then, there's no such thing as draw phase trapdustshoot liao lor, since the opposing player isn't doing anything.

Hi kid, so much that you dont know about rulings make you unsuitable to speak about rulings here.

Example, in the past when a player declares that he has 3 dark monsters in the graveyard, the opponent will activate DD crow to guard against Dark Arm Dragon, HOWEVER Declaring number of cards in graveyard and in hand are not part of activating a card.

Unless the player says, going into battle phase or start of standby phase etc, then you can activate a card's or cards' effect. When a player is in main phase, he should ask you if you want to activate a card, if you say " NO ", he can continue to play his cards since it's his Priority player's turn. Unless he plays a card ( Not telling you how many card size he has, the amount of grave he has are not considered an action, it's just his kindness of informing you ), then you can play something in respond to his card's effect instead of his mouth action.

And regarding ROTA, I was wondering if the format or ruling has changed since from the old times, End of ROTA's activation , the opponent is not supposed to chain mind crush, but instead the opponent HAS TO CHAIN in response to Activation of ROTA. If you ask around, many old players will say no, but if the rulings have changed overtime, sorry Im not up to date for it since I have not touched yugioh for a long time except just playing fun decks.

There are a lot about rulings, turn priority that many fresh players do not know of, and chain one chain two passing priority to players.

Yugioh is just too complicated.

Just keep in mind the declaring of 3 darks BEFORE summoning Dark arm as a reminder. MANY PLAYERS still chain in respond to MOUTH action, so my chain burn can be added into a chain when I declare my grave has X numbers of TRAPS/MAGICS?

Back to top Go down
http://www.onepieceofbleach.com
Lauren
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2009-05-21

PostSubject: Re: ROTA vs mind crush   Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:55 pm

t1ssue wrote:

thx~~

If you mean if Mind Crush can be Chained to the activation of RoTA, it can.
However, it would be like this.

CL1: RoTA
CL2: Mind Crush

The Chain resolves backwards and Mind Crush will Discard all copies of the Declared Card from your opponent's Hand before he adds the Level 4 or lower Warrior Type Monster to his Hand. Thus, it would be unwise to do that.

And yes, you can Mind Crush the Card he added to his hand through RoTA after the Chain Resolves.
Back to top Go down
http://ygoduelist.wordpress.com
Phil90
Duelist
Duelist

PostSubject: Re: ROTA vs mind crush   Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:32 pm

Quote :

And yes, you can Mind Crush the Card he added to his hand through RoTA after the Chain Resolves.

since u have not touched yugioh for SO LONG..how about spending jus a little bit of YOUR precious time reading up on the latest ruling that has been updating every single day while u were playing with ur fun decks?
Back to top Go down
t1ssue
Duelist
Duelist

PostSubject: Re: ROTA vs mind crush   Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:59 pm

@Phil90 so are u agreeing or disagreeing to the activation of mindcrush in response to the addition of monsters to the hand or what?

seems to me that u are juz ranting at ANYONE posting stuff here n yur post dun really contribute to the discussion here =.=
Back to top Go down
lingbu
Judai Yuki
Judai Yuki

PostSubject: Re: ROTA vs mind crush   Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:04 pm

Phil90 wrote:
Quote :

since u have not touched yugioh for SO LONG..how about spending jus a little bit of YOUR precious time reading up on the latest ruling that has been updating every single day while u were playing with ur fun decks?

I have an election to run instead of looking up rulings every single day like you do , a small kid.

Hobby is nice, but dont be too serious about it. Come back to reality, yugi is just an anime character, or whoever is the leading character now. Yes I liked yugioh in the past, treasured my cards especially my 100 blue eye white dragons but in reality Im not going to hold them forever, looking at them bring back good memories but what can you do by updating your rulings everyday? Tell your teachers about it?

The format has totally changed, synchro and Exceed? Konami has brought so many changes/ruins to the game.
Im not stopping you from keeping this hobby. You can say anything you want, tell yourself, what can you do when you know SOME rulings but the fact is you can only MAYBE excel in this hobby of yours?

Seriously, debate me if you feel the heat inside. But I wouldn't continue since you are just a kid who has no idea what runs in the politics and the government.

Although I must say Im quite busy unless I see any sense or logic in your response, then I will entertain you with my kind replies.

Regards,
Laura~
Back to top Go down
lingbu
Judai Yuki
Judai Yuki

PostSubject: Re: ROTA vs mind crush   Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:10 pm

t1ssue wrote:
@Phil90 so are u agreeing or disagreeing to the activation of mindcrush in response to the addition of monsters to the hand or what?

seems to me that u are juz ranting at ANYONE posting stuff here n yur post dun really contribute to the discussion here =.=

Yes it's my fault that I commented ROTA cannot be mind-crushed since from long long civilization, there is no such thing as end of resolve, you can chain a card to it.

Like Foolish burial, if Light lord Wolf was the target in deck and brought to the graveyard, DD Crow wasnt allowed until today?
Not sure of it though since rulings have changed and updated. I will come down to treat you a drink for your loss since I insisted on that day it was a "NO" like Mind crush after Pot of Duality adding.

Konami has ruined many rulings.. Sighs.
Back to top Go down
Akira
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: ROTA vs mind crush   Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:17 am

Priority is having the rights to perform an action first before the opponent because you are the turn-player.

Phil90 wrote:

Technically speaking, you may not Trap Dustshoot during the Draw Phase itself, unless opponent has played a card, or declared his intention of moving into the Standby Phase. This is because you are not the turn player and hence you do not have the Priority to activate a card first. However, at the end of every Phase, Priority will be passed to the opponent. When someone say he is activating Trap Dustshoot during your Draw Phase, he actually meant that he is activating it at the End of your Draw Phase.

Here is an example that will illustrate the difference that Priority can make:
It is Player A's turn. He currently has 3 cards in his hand. During his Draw Phase, he starts by drawing a card, bringing his hand size to 4. During the same Draw Phase, with his Priority, he activates Mystical Space Typhoon (MST) on Player B's set card. Player B may not activate his Trap Dustshoot as Player A only has 3 cards in his hand now.

Prior to the activation of MST, Player A did not activate a card, nor did he state his intention of moving to the Standby Phase. Player B has no priority to activate his Trap Dustshoot.

Moving on, lingbu missed out on a relatively new ruling which I unofficially coins as a "post-resolution window". Similar to how at the end of every Phase that Priority will be passed to the opponent, at the end of every chain resolution, Priority will be passed to the opponent as well.

For example, Player A activates Foolish Burial. Foolish Burial resolves and sends Destiny Hero - Malicious to the graveyard. Due to the "post-resolution window", Player B may activate D.D. Crow and target Destiny Hero - Malicious, before Player A regains his Priority to activate Destiny Hero - Malicious.

Prior to this "post-resolution window" that was introduced in 2009, there is no timing for Player B to activate his D.D. Crow.
Back to top Go down
http://duelistcodex.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ROTA vs mind crush   Today at 12:00 pm

Back to top Go down

ROTA vs mind crush
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1