Welcome to Yugioh! Singapore forum. Please login.

Have a nice day.

A place for YuGiOh fans or players to gather and chat

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Some Vanguard rules clarifications :) Pls help

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
yangyang548
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2011-03-14

PostSubject: Some Vanguard rules clarifications :) Pls help   Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:41 pm

Here's some questions that is troubling me over the rules of Vanguard, can anyone help me?

Q1, If I have Dragonic Overlord and CEO Amaterasu on the field and I do a trigger or damage check and revealed either a or Trigger. Can I use the effect since there is Monster with the same clan on the field?

Q2, Can guardians be called out to guard Monsters that has different clan as the guarded monster?

Q3, Can guardians be called out to protect Monsters that has the same grade or the Guardians have to be of the lower grade than the guarded monster?

Thanks a lot Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chard
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2010-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Some Vanguard rules clarifications :) Pls help   Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:59 pm

Q1: As long as u have at least 1 unit on the field with the same clan as ur trigger check ,u can activate ur trigger.

Q2: yes, u can

Q3 : grade does not matter with guarding issues.
Back to top Go down
yangyang548
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

PostSubject: Re: Some Vanguard rules clarifications :) Pls help   Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:11 pm

K thx a lot Very Happy
However Wikia states that you cannot guard a monster that has lower grade than the guardian. Sad
Back to top Go down
Kurow31
Trainee Duelist
Trainee Duelist

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Some Vanguard rules clarifications :) Pls help   Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:00 am

yangyang548 wrote:
K thx a lot Very Happy
However Wikia states that you cannot guard a monster that has lower grade than the guardian. Sad

You can guard with a card from your hand if its Grade is the same or lower than your current Vanguard.

This is rarely an issue though since most people won't guard during the early game when everyone still has Grade 1 Vanguards. hehe.
Back to top Go down
yangyang548
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

PostSubject: Re: Some Vanguard rules clarifications :) Pls help   Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:31 pm

Thanks a lot Smile

Just one mroe question :

When the Vanguard attacks, does it perform a trigger check no matter which target it selected? Or must it be when your Vanguard attacks an opponent Vanguard then you can perform a trigger check?
Back to top Go down
Chard
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2010-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Some Vanguard rules clarifications :) Pls help   Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:21 pm

can trigger check when attacking opponent rear guard as well.
Back to top Go down
Sebas
Duelist
Duelist

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2010-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Some Vanguard rules clarifications :) Pls help   Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:57 am

but different clan trigger can activate with the other clan even though u still have the same clan on the field?
Back to top Go down
Dreamz
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2010-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Some Vanguard rules clarifications :) Pls help   Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:43 am

As long as there is a monster on the field that is same as the trigger cards clan the trigger can be activated.. In another words of ur field got 6 differet kind of monster, the 6 trigger from the same clan can be activated..
Back to top Go down
yangyang548
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

PostSubject: Re: Some Vanguard rules clarifications :) Pls help   Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:36 pm

Hey, there is another question bugging me again.

Can you put a soul under rearguards? Like by the effect of Rock the Wall or Red Shoe Milly. If yes, where does the soul go if you retire your rearguard? Cards like Vortex Dragon say you can Soulblast 8 and Counterblast 5 to activate its ability, can the soul be removed from Vanguard, or must it be under itself, since it says that the effect can be used either at rearguard or vanguard?
Back to top Go down
Dreamz
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2010-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Some Vanguard rules clarifications :) Pls help   Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:34 am

Only vanguard can soul charge/contain soul.. As for reargurad anything that is summon over another creature, the reargurad at which is below will be retire.. So all soul cost is to be remove from vangurad..
Back to top Go down
yangyang548
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

PostSubject: Re: Some Vanguard rules clarifications :) Pls help   Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:16 pm

I see, that means cards like Vortex Dragon can use its ability by removing souls under the Vanguard and counterblast?
Back to top Go down
Rasengan86
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

Number of posts : 338
Registration date : 2011-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Some Vanguard rules clarifications :) Pls help   Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:40 pm

Q1: When i am being attacked by a Vanguard, i draw a DMG Trigger, there is a Trigger in it, i can only give it to the receiving DMG card?

Q2: Upon Receiving Attack, is it a compulsory move to Draw a DMG trigger? or i can choose either?

Q3: When A rear monster attack, can i draw DMG trigger and Drive Check? or only applies to VANGUARD?

Q4: When i am attacking my turn w a vanguard and i manage to draw a Trigger upon a Drive Check, can i give it to my rear card to boost their attack( for the next attack) and not to my vanguard?

Q5: When i ride my G0 Vanguard into G1, only certain Card can be shifted down to the Rear?

Q6: i can only shift my card up and down? not diagonal? Left right?

Q7: I can only boost up my Attacking CARD from the rear card behind the attacking card? or those card which is across the card map?
can i boost my attacking card using the card on the left and right and now directly behind?

Q8: How many times can i ride during a turn? if i just ride a G0 to a G1.. and i activate Liew effect, can i ride my vanguard w the effect again?
Thank you
Back to top Go down
yangyang548
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

PostSubject: Re: Some Vanguard rules clarifications :) Pls help   Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:36 pm

A1. Not really. You can give its Stand/Critical effect to anyone on your side of the field, only exception for Stand trigger is that you can't stand your Vanguard. If you manage to get a Heal or Draw trigger, you can Heal your damage if possible or Draw a card respectively. Then, you can add +5000 Attack to anyone on your side of the field.

A2. If the attack gets through, you will have to do Damage Checks depending how much critical does the opponent's attacking creature have. However, if you manage to Guard or Intercept and block off the attack, you need not do a damage check.

A3. Sadly, only the Vanguard can do a Drive Trigger check.

A4. Yeap, you can. You can even apply the triggers' Critical or Stand effect if possible to other creatures and Heal or Draw if possible.

A5. Yeap. Only some creatures can move itself to the Rearguard. This will be stated in its effect.

A6. Yeap. You can only shift your card up and down. Your Vanguard and the Rearguard behind it cannot move though.

A7. You can only boost your attacking creature with the Rearguard behind it that has a 'Boost' icon on it.

A8. You can only Ride one time per turn. Cards like Liew have effects that allows you to SUPERIOR RIDE. You can do any number of superior ride per turn, but only a normal ride per turn.

Hope it helps. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rasengan86
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

Number of posts : 338
Registration date : 2011-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Some Vanguard rules clarifications :) Pls help   Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:37 am

thank you for answering my questions yangyang.. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some Vanguard rules clarifications :) Pls help   Today at 10:07 pm

Back to top Go down

Some Vanguard rules clarifications :) Pls help
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1