Welcome to Yugioh! Singapore forum. Please login.

Have a nice day.


A place for YuGiOh fans or players to gather and chat
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Tourney at elsie card shop - edited

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
iosmk
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist


Number of posts : 213
Age : 21
Location : singapore
Registration date : 2010-05-13

PostSubject: Tourney at elsie card shop - edited   Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:05 pm

Here is the detail on the tourney.

Hosted by = Felix (Iosmk)
Location = Elsie card shop(5 min walk from HOUGANG MRT station)
Date and time = 29 March 2011(Tuesday), hopefully 2.30 Pm
Entrance Fee = $6
Format = 4-7 participants -> single elimination
more than 8 participants -> Swiss 3 to 5 rounds

Note = for those who don't know how to go, i don't mind fetching you from hougang MRT station. So you just need to go to the mrt station, and wait me. I will go there straightly.
For those who wanna go by yourselves, from Hougang MRT, go out of the station. exit to the hougang mall direction. when you go out, you will see hougang mall. From there, go right and you will see lots of small shops on the left. Keep going straight, until you see a female underwear shop(sorry for the rudeness). Turn right. The first shop is Elsie card shop.
You can call me at 83845396 for more information.

Prizes (if there are 4 to 7 participants)=
1st = power tool dragon 3D
2nd =Konami 1st layer protector

Prize Pool (if there are 8 participants or more)=
- 5 booster pack ocg
- Scrap chimera super rare
- 3 booster pack OCG
- Konami 1st layer protector

~More prizes will be added if there are more participants.

Rules and regulations

1, Following March 2011 Banlist and cards from any language is allowed.
(http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/)
2, No proxies and fake cards is allowed during the tournament.
3, Main deck, max : 60 min : 40.
Side deck, max : 15 min : 0.
Extra deck, max : 15 min : 0.
4, If you are caught cheating, you will be counted lost to that match and lost your chance of winning by getting disqualified.
5, For cards like synchros and fusions, please take them out when playing and send them to graveyard etc. when needed.
6, Judges have the right to disqualify if the participants disobey the rules
7, Any card ruling problems should be asked to the judges, the another host.
8, If you lost, please don't go yet. We might create some sudden event whereas the losers may have a chance to win something else(such as lucky draw)
10, If there are more response from the participants, more prizes will be waiting.
11, Standard Konami ruling during the gameplay.

Contact me =
facebook = felix.suroso@yahoo.com.sg
Phone = +65 8384 5396

Thanks.


Last edited by iosmk on Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
xxn00biexx
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist


Number of posts : 593
Age : 25
Location : Where I think is home
Registration date : 2010-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Tourney at elsie card shop - edited   Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:36 pm

What's with the pretty low-level prices for mid-level entry fee?
Back to top Go down
iosmk
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist


Number of posts : 213
Age : 21
Location : singapore
Registration date : 2010-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Tourney at elsie card shop - edited   Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:50 pm

oh i never state. its actually for beginners only. and actually i wanna make the fee to be only 3 dlr, but the thing is, i dont think there will be much people there. and if you calculate, take the worst case possible. 4 people = 20 dlr. scrap twin dragon is maybe around 8 and sleeve is 6.50. then i need to pay the shop like 20% of the entrance fee. How about that? So you can say that i cant really earn. and as what ive promised at the shop, i will make the prizes even better if there are more responses and more people know about it. So pls bear with this thx
Back to top Go down
holylight
Judai Yuki
Judai Yuki


Number of posts : 2304
Age : 20
Location : singapore
Registration date : 2010-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Tourney at elsie card shop - edited   Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:56 pm

iosmk wrote:
oh i never state. its actually for beginners only. and actually i wanna make the fee to be only 3 dlr, but the thing is, i dont think there will be much people there. and if you calculate, take the worst case possible. 4 people = 20 dlr. scrap twin dragon is maybe around 8 and sleeve is 6.50. then i need to pay the shop like 20% of the entrance fee. How about that? So you can say that i cant really earn. and as what ive promised at the shop, i will make the prizes even better if there are more responses and more people know about it. So pls bear with this thx

if u say scrap twin around $8 u want how many i can find for you
scrap twin is like $0.50-$1 lo
Back to top Go down
iosmk
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist


Number of posts : 213
Age : 21
Location : singapore
Registration date : 2010-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Tourney at elsie card shop - edited   Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:00 pm

sry abt that. i said maybe. and actually, im not allowed to provide the price, im only allowed to host, but the prices must be bought from the shop owner itself. what can i do? this is the best i can give. and the owner selling at 8. so if u calculate properly, 8+6.50+20% place charge = 18.50. so i use my 1 or 2 hour time to get 1.50? and if u think abt it, u pay 5 dlr, while there are only 4 participants. easy to win? just need to play 2 matches and u get first. must consider that too.
Back to top Go down
xxn00biexx
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist


Number of posts : 593
Age : 25
Location : Where I think is home
Registration date : 2010-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Tourney at elsie card shop - edited   Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:05 pm

The thing is, the 1st prize does not even cover the cost of entry fee(for the participants). Lose money to get first. And what kind of shop owner force you to buy at their price + force you 20% of whatever you own? Shouldn't it be 1 or the other?
Back to top Go down
iosmk
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist


Number of posts : 213
Age : 21
Location : singapore
Registration date : 2010-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Tourney at elsie card shop - edited   Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:08 pm

thats the rule. will negotiate again then. so can give me any suggestion? how bout i change the 1st price to 3 booster lol. it covers. then the fee change to 4 dollar?
Back to top Go down
titration
Judai Yuki
Judai Yuki


Number of posts : 2939
Age : 22
Location : Bishan
Registration date : 2009-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Tourney at elsie card shop - edited   Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:09 pm

xxn00biexx wrote:
The thing is, the 1st prize does not even cover the cost of entry fee(for the participants). Lose money to get first. And what kind of shop owner force you to buy at their price + force you 20% of whatever you own? Shouldn't it be 1 or the other?
i believe this rule like determined devil does not fit this meta haha!
Back to top Go down
iosmk
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist


Number of posts : 213
Age : 21
Location : singapore
Registration date : 2010-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Tourney at elsie card shop - edited   Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:13 pm

@titration = what do u mean lol
Back to top Go down
titration
Judai Yuki
Judai Yuki


Number of posts : 2939
Age : 22
Location : Bishan
Registration date : 2009-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Tourney at elsie card shop - edited   Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:14 pm

u forget at cm the daredevil thing,u told him this meta dont need so no need daredevil lol
Back to top Go down
iosmk
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist


Number of posts : 213
Age : 21
Location : singapore
Registration date : 2010-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Tourney at elsie card shop - edited   Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:17 pm

did i? was i in my trance state lol. nvm forget it. and actually why suddenly talk abt daredevil? got any relation with the problem that i faced lol
Back to top Go down
zzxiaoboizz
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist


Number of posts : 1475
Age : 22
Location : Singapore, truly developed
Registration date : 2010-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Tourney at elsie card shop - edited   Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:17 pm

ok, if 4-7ppl, u charge 5 dollars u should giv top 2 prize like 2 tech genius librarian if u got it cheap which is $7.50 meaning cheap so in the end if 7 ppl u earn 12 dollars after 20% give away.
If not then u just put there prize to be decided by turnout on that day then when people who want to go reach there, u tell them the prize then they say ok or not.

If is 8 people and above, top 4 prize should be at least 50 dollars k? that day only 10 ppl at kenshin tourney but then is 8 dollars per person, his top 4 prize was odin holo black rose holo tech genius librarian and wisel. Furthermore got lucky draw of 1 pp13 and 3 tourney pack but nvm dun count that, u just count the cost of odin holo, blackrose holo , wisel, librarian. By market price i think have around 70-90? Anw, u wan to cover back ur tourney cost u must make people who go able to cover back too, simple rule, top 4 or 2 must cover back tourney cost and earn a little at least, the first earn how much is up to u to go and figure out and how well first prize is will decide ur turnout cause i think hougang quite convenient since many ppl go ah soo play also. Btw i agree with noobie and holylight's comments, if the prize sticks like that this is one good one to miss
Back to top Go down
http://zzxiaoboizzyugioh.blogspot.com/
xxn00biexx
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist


Number of posts : 593
Age : 25
Location : Where I think is home
Registration date : 2010-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Tourney at elsie card shop - edited   Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:19 pm

1st prize 4 RANDOM boosters
2nd prize maybe 3 RANDOM boosters

for 8 participants.

For 16 people

You can try something like

TG Hyper Librarian
5 boosters

etc.etc.

You need your prizes to be somewhat attractive in comparison to your entry fee, at least for 1st prize and 2nd prize.
For example, see http://sg-ygo.userboard.net/t4932-5th-of-march-tournament-saturday

$6 but the prize so much more attractive than your $5 tournament. =.=
Back to top Go down
titration
Judai Yuki
Judai Yuki


Number of posts : 2939
Age : 22
Location : Bishan
Registration date : 2009-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Tourney at elsie card shop - edited   Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:20 pm

u follow CM template..sure wont go wrong
Back to top Go down
iosmk
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist


Number of posts : 213
Age : 21
Location : singapore
Registration date : 2010-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Tourney at elsie card shop - edited   Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:21 pm

ok. thx for ur help. will find other cArds to be given out
Back to top Go down
titration
Judai Yuki
Judai Yuki


Number of posts : 2939
Age : 22
Location : Bishan
Registration date : 2009-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Tourney at elsie card shop - edited   Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:23 pm

u raise fee to 8 dollar,give out trishula foil,holo synchros,and some movie packs and gs packs and maybe a librarian or wonder mage lo
Back to top Go down
iosmk
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist


Number of posts : 213
Age : 21
Location : singapore
Registration date : 2010-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Tourney at elsie card shop - edited   Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:29 pm

@all =how bout this?fair enuf?
@titration =for trishula and those stuffs, im keeping lol.
Back to top Go down
Dogchain
Sosuke Aizen
Sosuke Aizen


Number of posts : 651
Age : 27
Location : Singapore
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Tourney at elsie card shop - edited   Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:00 pm

anyway guys...try to keep ur feedback friendly as it his first time hosting...no one starts out perfect...

shuldnt compare to CM when CM has a bigger capital then all of us..

anyway hope the tournament is a go...cheers

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.duelsociety.blogspot.com
jusjustjustin
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist


Number of posts : 811
Age : 22
Location : payalebar
Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Tourney at elsie card shop - edited   Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:40 pm

hmm try to give out better prices cause better prices will attract more people to the tourney and in the end you will earn alot too.
Back to top Go down
kKbz
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist


Number of posts : 715
Age : 11
Location : -= s0MewAe =-
Registration date : 2007-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Tourney at elsie card shop - edited   Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:35 am


The tourney date itself don't look quite convenient =\.. maybe you could try host on Friday,saturday or Sunday ..

Back to top Go down
avengingknight
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist


Number of posts : 181
Age : 25
Location : sengkang
Registration date : 2010-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Tourney at elsie card shop - edited   Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:59 am

iosmk wrote:
Here is the detail on the tourney.

Hosted by = Felix (Iosmk)
Location = Elsie card shop(5 min walk from HOUGANG MRT station)
Date and time = 29 March 2011(Tuesday), hopefully 2.30 Pm
Entrance Fee = $6
Format = 4-7 participants -> single elimination
more than 8 participants -> Swiss 3 to 5 rounds

Note = for those who don't know how to go, i don't mind fetching you from hougang MRT station. So you just need to go to the mrt station, and wait me. I will go there straightly.
For those who wanna go by yourselves, from Hougang MRT, go out of the station. exit to the hougang mall direction. when you go out, you will see hougang mall. From there, go right and you will see lots of small shops on the left. Keep going straight, until you see a female underwear shop(sorry for the rudeness). Turn right. The first shop is Elsie card shop.
You can call me at 83845396 for more information.

Prizes (if there are 4 to 7 participants)=
1st = power tool dragon 3D
2nd =Konami 1st layer protector

Prize Pool (if there are 8 participants or more)=
- 5 booster pack ocg
- Scrap chimera super rare
- 3 booster pack OCG
- Konami 1st layer protector

~More prizes will be added if there are more participants.

Rules and regulations

1, Following March 2011 Banlist and cards from any language is allowed.
(http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/)
2, No proxies and fake cards is allowed during the tournament.
3, Main deck, max : 60 min : 40.
Side deck, max : 15 min : 0.
Extra deck, max : 15 min : 0.
4, If you are caught cheating, you will be counted lost to that match and lost your chance of winning by getting disqualified.
5, For cards like synchros and fusions, please take them out when playing and send them to graveyard etc. when needed.
6, Judges have the right to disqualify if the participants disobey the rules
7, Any card ruling problems should be asked to the judges, the another host.
8, If you lost, please don't go yet. We might create some sudden event whereas the losers may have a chance to win something else(such as lucky draw)
10, If there are more response from the participants, more prizes will be waiting.
11, Standard Konami ruling during the gameplay.

Contact me =
facebook = felix.suroso@yahoo.com.sg
Phone = +65 8384 5396

Thanks.
to be frank with you la, if u host a tourney over there with a entrance of $1 or more than its sure to be a failure, those noobs there wont join for sure unless its free.and i even seen people who hosted a tourney with $7 entrace and prize was one box and half box...still all say expenxive. u really think $5 for powertool gonna attract anyone?
Back to top Go down
http://avengingknight.blogspot.com
yangyang548
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist


Number of posts : 167
Age : 19
Location : Jurong West
Registration date : 2011-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Tourney at elsie card shop - edited   Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:47 pm

however if we risk getting holos for the tournament and little people participated, we are at a loss O.o if there is not enough people for the tournament can we just postpone it?
Back to top Go down
iosmk
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist


Number of posts : 213
Age : 21
Location : singapore
Registration date : 2010-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Tourney at elsie card shop - edited   Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:14 pm

@vortex = emm, its actually not the first time. but this is my first time hosting a big tourney. i hosted 4 times mini tourney whereas the prices are like 2 gs03, or 5 booster, with entrance fee of 1 or 2 dollars. yeah, so sorry abt this.

@ all = yeah, i will try to find some cards that are able to attract people. i got tech genus and formula, but its reserved. so i cant host a tourney using these prices. thats why. mmost probably i will postpone this while i think of another prizes. so sorry to disappoint u guys.

Hope you all dont think sth bad abt me, dont think that im a noob trying to act pro. nah im not a noob. thx
Back to top Go down
weikiat
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist


Number of posts : 561
Age : 23
Location : singapore
Registration date : 2010-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Tourney at elsie card shop - edited   Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:23 pm

Cheap entrance with average prizes will still attract people, esp those who wished to test their decks, so no worries
Back to top Go down
iosmk
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist


Number of posts : 213
Age : 21
Location : singapore
Registration date : 2010-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Tourney at elsie card shop - edited   Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:39 pm

this tournament will be POSTPONED BY AROUND 1 MONTH AND EDITED WITH GREAT CHANGE. will try to find a larger place to host and now im finding suitable cards for the tournament. sorry for the disappointment. though im hosting a mini tournament tmr @elsie, entrance fee is 1 or 2 dlr depending on responses there, and how many people join. prices are usually only 5 or 6 boosters as only around 6 to 8 people max will join. so for those who wanna join, do tell me in advance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Tourney at elsie card shop - edited   Today at 11:59 am

Back to top Go down
 
Tourney at elsie card shop - edited
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Tournament @ Hougang Auntie Card Shop 050811 (Fri)
» 22/06/2012 tournament at thomson card shop
» Vanguard Tournament at Lorong Ah Soo Card Shop 15 April 2011
» Fangirls Card Shop!
» JIMMY's Card Shop!! WTB/WTT Elizabeth :)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: YUGIOH :: YuGiOh! Tournaments :: YGO Game Events-Singapore-
Jump to: