Welcome to Yugioh! Singapore forum. Please login.

Have a nice day.

A place for YuGiOh fans or players to gather and chat

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Chain Disappearance Clarification issues

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
XiaoCola
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist

Number of posts : 1426
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Chain Disappearance Clarification issues   Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:48 pm

for example.
My opponent is playing a lone copy of dandylion.
If my opponent summon a dandylion and i open up my Chain Disappearance,
is there a chance for me to check if he still have any dandylion in his deck/hand?

can the check be done by me, or must there be a 3rd party to check it during a tournament, like a judge or sumthing?

chain D.
You can only activate this card when a monster with an ATK of 1000 or less is Normal Summoned, Flip Summoned or Special Summoned. Remove the monster from play and your opponent removes all monsters of the same name in his/her hand and Deck from play. His/her Deck is then shuffled.
Back to top Go down
pokekid88
Yugi Mutou
Yugi Mutou

Number of posts : 3820
Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Chain Disappearance Clarification issues   Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:56 pm

I think dandylion is in the limited list, so by right each player can onli play 1 of it and thus u can't check yr opponent's deck...

not sure though...
Back to top Go down
http://time-to-get-pwned.blogspot.com/
DSummon
Millennium Earl
Millennium Earl

Number of posts : 1337
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Chain Disappearance Clarification issues   Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:05 am

Technically speaking, you should be allowed to check his deck and hand to ensure no more copies of the card is there.

However as per the post above, thats pertaining to cards which are not restricted. For cards like Dandylion, Critter, then you cannot check.

Similar if for Lonefire he shows you 2 copies to send to out of game then no you cannot check. However if he only shows 1 copy, then you can check for a 2nd copy.

Note though, this is pertaining to the rules that the judge of the tournament that day rules. Typically, you will only be allowed to check his hand, and have to take his word that it is not in the deck.
Back to top Go down
http://www.duelingdays.blogspot.com
Akira
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Chain Disappearance Clarification issues   Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:36 am

DSummon wrote:
Note though, this is pertaining to the rules that the judge of the tournament that day rules. Typically, you will only be allowed to check his hand, and have to take his word that it is not in the deck.

The player has the rights to check his opponent deck. However, only the opponent should be handling his/her own deck and the verification should be done within a reasonable amount of time (roughly about 10s). This is in compliance with Nobleman of Crossout.
Back to top Go down
http://duelistcodex.wordpress.com/
MintStar
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Chain Disappearance Clarification issues   Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:46 am

Also note, during the verification, the player handling the deck can opt to reveal only the affected type of cards.
This means, to show only effect monster in the case of Dandylion / Lonefire Blossom.
The remaining cards can be "quickly" verified to be Spell / Trap by their colour.

This happened in World Championship 2010, and was verified as legal (as of update)
Back to top Go down
XiaoCola
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist

Number of posts : 1426
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Chain Disappearance Clarification issues   Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:28 am

very sorry for using dandylion as an example, because i m sort of still living in the sept'10 banlist.
i meant it as when it was at 2, but my opp only run 1.

anyways, thanks for the various info:)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chain Disappearance Clarification issues   Today at 6:12 pm

Back to top Go down

Chain Disappearance Clarification issues
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1