Welcome to Yugioh! Singapore forum. Please login.

Have a nice day.

A place for YuGiOh fans or players to gather and chat

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Question about Dupe Frog

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
weikiat
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist

Number of posts : 561
Registration date : 2010-04-01

PostSubject: Question about Dupe Frog    Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:40 pm

Hi everyone, I have a question about the Dupe frog effect. Will you miss the timing of it effect if u tribute summon a monster, like caius, using it as a tribute ? Cause i know if u use it as a synchro material, it will miss the timing of the dupe frog.

Dupe Frog
lv 2
This card's name is treated as "Des Frog" while it is face-up on the field. Your opponent cannot select another monster as an attack target. When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard, you can add 1 "Frog" monster except "Dupe Frog" or "Frog the Jam" from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand.
Back to top Go down
AhZheng
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2010-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Question about Dupe Frog    Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:14 pm

weikiat wrote:
Hi everyone, I have a question about the Dupe frog effect. Will you miss the timing of it effect if u tribute summon a monster, like caius, using it as a tribute ? Cause i know if u use it as a synchro material, it will miss the timing of the dupe frog.

Dupe Frog
lv 2
This card's name is treated as "Des Frog" while it is face-up on the field. Your opponent cannot select another monster as an attack target. When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard, you can add 1 "Frog" monster except "Dupe Frog" or "Frog the Jam" from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand.
yes u will miss timing for tributing for caius because it is optional trigger effect and last happening is activating caius~ unless is sangan which is compulsory trigger effect then will not miss the timing.

Last edited by AhZheng on Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
weikiat
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist

PostSubject: Re: Question about Dupe Frog    Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:23 pm

Quote from http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Tips:Dupe_Frog

"Dupe Frog" will miss the timing if used as a cost, such as being used as synchro material or if it's used to activate "Substitoad". Use caution if you're trying to use his effect that adds a Frog to your hand.

So does it mean that this is wrong ? If no then wouldn't dupe frog be abit useless ?
Back to top Go down
AhZheng
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

PostSubject: Re: Question about Dupe Frog    Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:54 pm

weikiat wrote:
Quote from http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Tips:Dupe_Frog

"Dupe Frog" will miss the timing if used as a cost, such as being used as synchro material or if it's used to activate "Substitoad". Use caution if you're trying to use his effect that adds a Frog to your hand.

So does it mean that this is wrong ? If no then wouldn't dupe frog be abit useless ?
edited~

an optional Trigger effect will always miss the timing if used for any kind of cost.

You miss the timing if something 'happens', ie, resolves or is summoned after a trigger condition is met, but before the trigger can activate.

dupe frog is useless.
Back to top Go down
weikiat
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist

PostSubject: Re: Question about Dupe Frog    Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:41 pm

Does this means that u will miss the timing for dupe frog whenever u synchro summon using it or tribute summon using it as a tribute material
Back to top Go down
AhZheng
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

PostSubject: Re: Question about Dupe Frog    Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:53 pm

yes
Back to top Go down
ChickenNoodle
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist

Number of posts : 1031
Registration date : 2010-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Question about Dupe Frog    Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:10 pm

Dupe Frog isn't useless. It can act as a wall to be Tributed next turn, or even if it dies, you get to search Swap Frog.
Back to top Go down
http://teamaequus.blogspot.com/
Lauren
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2009-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Question about Dupe Frog    Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:48 pm

Dupe Frog uses the word "When" meaning it must activate immediately when it is sent to the graveyard. Cauis is CL1 and Dupe Frog "misses the timing" of activation because it being sent to the graveyard is not the last thing to happen on the chain and its effect is optional.

Other cards like Sangan that have compulsory effects with "when" in their effects do "miss their timing". But because of the mandatory nature of their effects, they activate at the next possible moment. This would make more sense in the TCG as Sangan would be CL1 and Cauis would be CL2, because Sangan fulfilled its activation requirements first. However, in the OCG we can "build" our own chains, meaning we can put Cauis as CL1 and Sangan as CL2 and vice versa.

Examples of "If" effects are XX-Saber Darksoul and Vairon Prism. These effects do not miss the timing.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Back to top Go down
http://ygoduelist.wordpress.com
pokekid88
Yugi Mutou
Yugi Mutou

Number of posts : 3820
Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Question about Dupe Frog    Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:48 pm

Lauren wrote:
Dupe Frog uses the word "When" meaning it must activate immediately when it is sent to the graveyard. Cauis is CL1 and Dupe Frog "misses the timing" of activation because it being sent to the graveyard is not the last thing to happen on the chain and its effect is optional.

Other cards like Sangan that have compulsory effects with "when" in their effects do "miss their timing". But because of the mandatory nature of their effects, they activate at the next possible moment. This would make more sense in the TCG as Sangan would be CL1 and Cauis would be CL2, because Sangan fulfilled its activation requirements first. However, in the OCG we can "build" our own chains, meaning we can put Cauis as CL1 and Sangan as CL2 and vice versa.

Examples of "If" effects are XX-Saber Darksoul and Vairon Prism. These effects do not miss the timing.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

if thats the cause... then:

~時 == WHEN
~場合 == IF

So i guess u're right.
Back to top Go down
http://time-to-get-pwned.blogspot.com/
weikiat
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist

PostSubject: Re: Question about Dupe Frog    Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:57 pm

Thanks those who answered my previous question. But here is another one . I know that u will miss the timing if u tribute dupe frog for monster with compulsory effect like caius. But wad if u summon monster with continuous effect such as Jinzo. Also wad about monster with optional effect? Thanks
Back to top Go down
Jw2406
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Question about Dupe Frog    Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:43 am

I suppose the outcome is the same, as long as the monster u tribute summon have an effect to activate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about Dupe Frog    Today at 5:42 am

Back to top Go down

Question about Dupe Frog
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1