Welcome to Yugioh! Singapore forum. Please login.

Have a nice day.


A place for YuGiOh fans or players to gather and chat
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 [completed]YGO-Cafe 5D's Grand Prix

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
navinetwork
Duelist
Duelist


Number of posts : 73
Age : 32
Location : Singapore
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: [completed]YGO-Cafe 5D's Grand Prix   Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:38 am



Date: 6th November 2010, Saturday
Time: 2 p.m. (Registration @ 1 p.m.)
Venue: CardMaster, Douby Ghaut Exchange (Inside J Cube)
Registration Fee: S$8 per Duelist
Number of Members Per Team: 2

Tournament Format:
- 3 or 4 Rounds of Swiss with YGO 5D's WRGP Style.
- Then followed by Top 4 Single Elimination with YGO 5D's WRGP Style.

Prize:
1st Place: 1 Box of Storm of Ragnarok (STOR)
[Receive a coupon to collect once it is available @ Cardmaster]

2nd Place: 1 Box of Yusei Volume 3 Duelist Pack (DP10) OR Crow Duelist Pack (DP11)

3rd Place: The Remaining Duelist Pack Box

*Note: Prizes are subjected to be changed if there isn't enough people joining the Tournament.

Forbidden List:
- All Cards on the OCG's September 2010 Banlist
- All TCG Exclusive Cards
- Monster: Exodia the Forbidden One
- Magic Card: Final Countdown
- Trap: Destiny Board

Rules of Tournament:
- Main Deck: 40 - 60 cards
- Extra Deck: Up to 15 cards
- No Side Deck
- Both TCG/OCG cards can be used in this tournament.
- All Language cards are allowed - English, Japanese and Korean.
- Only genuine Yu-Gi-Oh Cards are allowed in all tournaments.
- Cards from Duel Terminal are allowed.
- Players retain the right to confirm rulings with the YGO-Cafe's Judges/Organizer.
- YGO-Cafe's Organizer and Judge retain all rights to disqualify any players whose behavior is of misconduct and/or for rule violations.
- No changing of decklist until tournament is declared over.
- YGO-Cafe will not take responsibility for any item loss.
- The Protector at the front of your card must be TRANSPARENT.
- Protectors do not have to be the same for Main Deck and Extra Deck.
- Each Team allow to use: 1 Restricted card, 2 Semi Restricted card, 3 Non Restricted card, Following the rules from Konami (Hong Kong) Team Tournament [E.G: If your team has 1 member using Giant Trunade, the other member cannot use giant trunade. if your team is using treeborn frog, the total number of treeborn frog in your team's deck must be 3. So you have to think of a way to share among yourselves. This rules applies to all Main Deck, Side Deck and Extra Deck of the Team]

5D's Grand Prix Ruling:
- This is a Team Tournament.
- Swiss Format and then Top 4 Elimination Format.
- There are 2 Duelists in a Team.
- Each Duelist has 8000 Life Points, so a team has 16000 Life Points in total.
- The Grand Prix is a 1-on-1 match.
- Each team must set members to the first and second Duelists.
- If one loses, the losing team must replace him/her by the next Duelist.
- The existing Duelist maintains current Life Points while the new Duelist has 8000 Life Points.
- Life Points left from the prior Duelist won't be transferred to the following Duelist.
- If a Duelist stops with some Life Points remaining, e.g. opponent won by special method such as Deck Out, the next Duelist will start with full 8000 Life Points.
- When each Duel ends, the turn at that moment is ended immediately and becomes End Phase. Hence any card that returned during the End Phase, e.g. Stardust Dragon, will still return.
- Any cards remain on the field of the 1st Duelist that lost will remain on the field and pass on to the 2nd Duelist. Cards in the Graveyard, Hand and Remove from Play Zone are reseted and hence are not pass on to the 2nd Duelist.

Tournament Format Explaination:-
AB VS 12

Round 1:
Duelist A (LP: 8000) VS Duelist 1 (LP: 8000)

If let's say Duelist 1 reaches 0 LP, it will straight away enter into End Phase, hence, any card(s) during that activate during the End Phase of Duelist 1's turn (example: Stardust Dragon), will still return back to the field. And cards remaining on the field will be pass on to Duelist 2.

Cards in the Hand and Graveyard and Removed from Play Cards of Duelist 1 are not passed on to Duelist 2.

Duelist A then will battle with Duelist 2.

Duelist A (Remaining LP) VS Duelist 2 (LP: 8000)

The round will start straight away with Duelist 2.

The match will end if all members of a Team loses.

The Winning Team will then move on to the next Stage.

If you have any enquiries or suggestions regarding the Tournament, do email us at ygo-cafe@hotmail.com or you could contact any of the YGO-Cafe's Staff regarding it directly if you know any of us.

Organizer: SilentCiel from YGO-Cafe.


Last edited by navinetwork on Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:53 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://ygo-cafe.blogspot.com
vampirerion
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist


Number of posts : 1981
Age : 1483
Location : France
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: [completed]YGO-Cafe 5D's Grand Prix   Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:25 am

The special win card is limited or forbidden???

E.g. Final Countdown, Destiny Board and exodia.
Back to top Go down
mutton
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist


Number of posts : 306
Age : 23
Location : Yee Tee
Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: Re: [completed]YGO-Cafe 5D's Grand Prix   Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:17 am

Which format are you following?Cause there states 3-4 rounds swiss however below puts eli format.
Also if you are following anime ruling n the rules states that if a player loses it immediately becomes the the end phase isit possible for the dead player to activate traps?
Back to top Go down
Kenshin
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist


Number of posts : 726
Age : 29
Location : clementi
Registration date : 2010-08-15

PostSubject: Re: [completed]YGO-Cafe 5D's Grand Prix   Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:29 pm

so i guess x saber darksoul cannot be used?
Back to top Go down
melonseeds
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist


Number of posts : 922
Age : 21
Location : yishun
Registration date : 2010-05-01

PostSubject: Re: [completed]YGO-Cafe 5D's Grand Prix   Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:19 pm

huh that means my field gt cosmo i win nxt duel gt cosmo?
Back to top Go down
zzxiaoboizz
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist


Number of posts : 1475
Age : 22
Location : Singapore, truly developed
Registration date : 2010-07-28

PostSubject: Re: [completed]YGO-Cafe 5D's Grand Prix   Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:33 pm

melonseeds wrote:
huh that means my field gt cosmo i win nxt duel gt cosmo?
Yea , what is on the field when 2nd duelist comes in no matter on which team will still stay on the field
Back to top Go down
http://zzxiaoboizzyugioh.blogspot.com/
navinetwork
Duelist
Duelist


Number of posts : 73
Age : 32
Location : Singapore
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: [completed]YGO-Cafe 5D's Grand Prix   Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:33 pm

vampirerion wrote:
The special win card is limited or forbidden???

E.g. Final Countdown, Destiny Board and exodia.
They are Forbidden..we encourage Team play and not solo (first player) using special win cards to win..and as for Final Countdown, the countdown will bring forward to the other duelist so it was also not a fair card as it's still kinda a solo play.

mutton wrote:
Which format are you following?Cause there states 3-4 rounds swiss however below puts eli format.
Also if you are following anime ruling n the rules states that if a player loses it immediately becomes the the end phase isit possible for the dead player to activate traps?
Yes..its Swiss Format. At first we were planning to make it a Single Elimination but there are several suggestion to change it to Swiss format. So that news below wasn't edited. Sorry about it and thanks for pointing it out.

And no you cannot activate trap cards during the End Phase. Once a player is killed, any cards that activate during the End Phase (e.g. Stardust Dragon), will take place..

Trap Cards must be activated upon like before damage calaculation or cards that you can only activate after damage calculation (e.g. Damage Condenser)..you cannot like if you die..u then activate call of the haunted or what..you must activate call of the haunted upon the attack that will kill you..

After you are dead..the turn is immediately entering End Phase..there wun be Main Phase 2 for your opponent when he kill you..

that's the understanding of the ruling from the 5D's anime by the organizer (not me as i'm assisting the organizer, SilentCiel, in posting this post here on the SG YGO Forum)..

Kenshin wrote:
so i guess x saber darksoul cannot be used?
Yes, XX-Saber Darksoul is not able to be used as it is a TCG Exclusive. Same for its partner, XX-Saber Boggart Knight and other TCG Exclusives unless they are reprinted in Extra Pack Volume 1 - 3.
Back to top Go down
http://ygo-cafe.blogspot.com
vampirerion
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist


Number of posts : 1981
Age : 1483
Location : France
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: [completed]YGO-Cafe 5D's Grand Prix   Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:51 pm

navinetwork wrote:
vampirerion wrote:
The special win card is limited or forbidden???

E.g. Final Countdown, Destiny Board and exodia.
They are Forbidden..we encourage Team play and not solo (first player) using special win cards to win..and as for Final Countdown, the countdown will bring forward to the other duelist so it was also not a fair card as it's still kinda a solo play.

mutton wrote:
Which format are you following?Cause there states 3-4 rounds swiss however below puts eli format.
Also if you are following anime ruling n the rules states that if a player loses it immediately becomes the the end phase isit possible for the dead player to activate traps?
Yes..its Swiss Format. At first we were planning to make it a Single Elimination but there are several suggestion to change it to Swiss format. So that news below wasn't edited. Sorry about it and thanks for pointing it out.

And no you cannot activate trap cards during the End Phase. Once a player is killed, any cards that activate during the End Phase (e.g. Stardust Dragon), will take place..

Trap Cards must be activated upon like before damage calaculation or cards that you can only activate after damage calculation (e.g. Damage Condenser)..you cannot like if you die..u then activate call of the haunted or what..you must activate call of the haunted upon the attack that will kill you..

After you are dead..the turn is immediately entering End Phase..there wun be Main Phase 2 for your opponent when he kill you..

that's the understanding of the ruling from the 5D's anime by the organizer (not me as i'm assisting the organizer, SilentCiel, in posting this post here on the SG YGO Forum)..

Kenshin wrote:
so i guess x saber darksoul cannot be used?
Yes, XX-Saber Darksoul is not able to be used as it is a TCG Exclusive. Same for its partner, XX-Saber Boggart Knight and other TCG Exclusives unless they are reprinted in Extra Pack Volume 1 - 3.








Then update your thread larh.

Forbidden & Limited change to FORBIDDEN larh since you say limited later ppl misunderstand as they can only put 1 final countdown or destiny board.


And Stardust is optional. Means? 1st Player activate Stardust Dragon to revive or 2nd player activate Stardust Dragon to revive?

INCLUDE saying that Tcg exclusives not allowed.
Back to top Go down
xxn00biexx
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist


Number of posts : 593
Age : 25
Location : Where I think is home
Registration date : 2010-07-28

PostSubject: Re: [completed]YGO-Cafe 5D's Grand Prix   Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:58 pm

Wait... so it's $16 per team with the top prize being a Booster Box?
Back to top Go down
navinetwork
Duelist
Duelist


Number of posts : 73
Age : 32
Location : Singapore
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: [completed]YGO-Cafe 5D's Grand Prix   Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:00 pm

vampirerion wrote:
Then update your thread larh.

Forbidden & Limited change to FORBIDDEN larh since you say limited later ppl misunderstand as they can only put 1 final countdown or destiny board.


And Stardust is optional. Means? 1st Player activate Stardust Dragon to revive or 2nd player activate Stardust Dragon to revive?

INCLUDE saying that Tcg exclusives not allowed.
It was already updated when i was replying the thread..and Stardust Dragon even it's optional, the dead player still can choose to return it or not..cos it's immediately entering End Phase of that turn..That's what the Organizer said the other time. I, myself is not sure about it and i know Stardust Dragon is optional..gotta see the organizer's decision..I will let the organizer know your question and ask him to reply towards it..

xxn00biexx wrote:
Wait... so it's $16 per team with the top prize being a Booster Box?
Yes, it has been stated in the info above. Any other relevant questions regarding to the rules n tourney do ask us.
Back to top Go down
http://ygo-cafe.blogspot.com
xfantasy
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist


Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2010-05-29

PostSubject: Re: [completed]YGO-Cafe 5D's Grand Prix   Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:07 am

hu win?
Back to top Go down
MintStar
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist


Number of posts : 216
Age : 28
Location : Singapore
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: [completed]YGO-Cafe 5D's Grand Prix   Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:20 am

vampirerion wrote:
navinetwork wrote:
vampirerion wrote:
The special win card is limited or forbidden???

E.g. Final Countdown, Destiny Board and exodia.
They are Forbidden..we encourage Team play and not solo (first player) using special win cards to win..and as for Final Countdown, the countdown will bring forward to the other duelist so it was also not a fair card as it's still kinda a solo play.

mutton wrote:
Which format are you following?Cause there states 3-4 rounds swiss however below puts eli format.
Also if you are following anime ruling n the rules states that if a player loses it immediately becomes the the end phase isit possible for the dead player to activate traps?
Yes..its Swiss Format. At first we were planning to make it a Single Elimination but there are several suggestion to change it to Swiss format. So that news below wasn't edited. Sorry about it and thanks for pointing it out.

And no you cannot activate trap cards during the End Phase. Once a player is killed, any cards that activate during the End Phase (e.g. Stardust Dragon), will take place..

Trap Cards must be activated upon like before damage calaculation or cards that you can only activate after damage calculation (e.g. Damage Condenser)..you cannot like if you die..u then activate call of the haunted or what..you must activate call of the haunted upon the attack that will kill you..

After you are dead..the turn is immediately entering End Phase..there wun be Main Phase 2 for your opponent when he kill you..

that's the understanding of the ruling from the 5D's anime by the organizer (not me as i'm assisting the organizer, SilentCiel, in posting this post here on the SG YGO Forum)..

Kenshin wrote:
so i guess x saber darksoul cannot be used?
Yes, XX-Saber Darksoul is not able to be used as it is a TCG Exclusive. Same for its partner, XX-Saber Boggart Knight and other TCG Exclusives unless they are reprinted in Extra Pack Volume 1 - 3.








Then update your thread larh.

Forbidden & Limited change to FORBIDDEN larh since you say limited later ppl misunderstand as they can only put 1 final countdown or destiny board.


And Stardust is optional. Means? 1st Player activate Stardust Dragon to revive or 2nd player activate Stardust Dragon to revive?

INCLUDE saying that Tcg exclusives not allowed.

Not on the event or the issue, but you are also kinda considered a TO. I'm sure you make mistakes at times. You're only 14, would be best for you to not burn all your bridges by creating conflict in the Tournament and event page. Go figure.
Back to top Go down
vampirerion
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist


Number of posts : 1981
Age : 1483
Location : France
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: [completed]YGO-Cafe 5D's Grand Prix   Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:56 pm

so who win?
Back to top Go down
awesomehazelnuts
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist


Number of posts : 1819
Age : 21
Location : west beach,florida
Registration date : 2010-06-19

PostSubject: Re: [completed]YGO-Cafe 5D's Grand Prix   Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:03 am

vishal and junny.
Back to top Go down
http://highlevelgaming.wordpress.com
Rei
Trainee Duelist
Trainee Duelist


Number of posts : 7
Age : 24
Location : home
Registration date : 2010-10-07

PostSubject: Re: [completed]YGO-Cafe 5D's Grand Prix   Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:08 pm

awesomehazelnuts wrote:
vishal and junny.
.
Oh no I'm jun not junnie x.x
Back to top Go down
awesomehazelnuts
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist


Number of posts : 1819
Age : 21
Location : west beach,florida
Registration date : 2010-06-19

PostSubject: Re: [completed]YGO-Cafe 5D's Grand Prix   Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:13 pm

ok,slight error so is jun. dun tell me u made a acc juz to say this ==
Back to top Go down
http://highlevelgaming.wordpress.com
Rei
Trainee Duelist
Trainee Duelist


Number of posts : 7
Age : 24
Location : home
Registration date : 2010-10-07

PostSubject: Re: [completed]YGO-Cafe 5D's Grand Prix   Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:38 pm

awesomehazelnuts wrote:
ok,slight error so is jun. dun tell me u made a acc juz to say this ==
hahah nonono , i just read the forums , rarly comment ^^
Back to top Go down
avengingknight
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist


Number of posts : 181
Age : 25
Location : sengkang
Registration date : 2010-06-25

PostSubject: Re: [completed]YGO-Cafe 5D's Grand Prix   Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:25 pm

Rei wrote:
awesomehazelnuts wrote:
ok,slight error so is jun. dun tell me u made a acc juz to say this ==
hahah nonono , i just read the forums , rarly comment ^^
hey i din know u had forum acc jun
Back to top Go down
http://avengingknight.blogspot.com
Rei
Trainee Duelist
Trainee Duelist


Number of posts : 7
Age : 24
Location : home
Registration date : 2010-10-07

PostSubject: Re: [completed]YGO-Cafe 5D's Grand Prix   Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:52 am

avengingknight wrote:
Rei wrote:
awesomehazelnuts wrote:
ok,slight error so is jun. dun tell me u made a acc juz to say this ==
hahah nonono , i just read the forums , rarly comment ^^
hey i din know u had forum acc jun
Lol hahas good to keep informed about tourneys and stuffs. [:
Back to top Go down
navinetwork
Duelist
Duelist


Number of posts : 73
Age : 32
Location : Singapore
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: [completed]YGO-Cafe 5D's Grand Prix   Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:45 pm

The following review of YGO-Cafe's 5D's Grand Prix is written by SilentCiel, the Organizer of the Tournament.





1st Place: Team NYP
Team Members: Rei (1st) & Vishal (2nd)

2nd Place: Mango Sauce You Like?
Team Members: Mango (1st) & Baha (2nd)

3rd / 4th Place: Team Kill All
Team Members: Kevin (1st) & Xiao An (2nd)

3rd / 4th Place: Team Latecomers
Team Members: David (1st) & Terrence (2nd)

**************************

Thanks to all Duelist whom came to support our 1st try-out on the KOF tag style Tournament!

Even though some rulings were kinda messed up half way, but the crowd had fun.

Many new friends have been made through this event.

Do pardon us if you find our coordinating of the event sloppy, we did our best as a 2 man team.

We hope to bring you guys a better and more comfortable dueling space in the future, as there were other tournaments running at the same time.

We also hope to bring you guys better prizes in the future and a more certain format of this version in the future. (Currently revising rules to this style, through test and error)

We are also testing out more crazy styles to bring more excitement into this age old [Children's Card Game] LOL!! I just had to quote it. (^^")

Again many thanks for the support, we were glad to bring smiles and knowledge to those around.

Congratulations to our winners and other teams for the effort well done! ^^

Until next time keep those crazy duels active~~
Back to top Go down
http://ygo-cafe.blogspot.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: [completed]YGO-Cafe 5D's Grand Prix   Today at 10:09 pm

Back to top Go down
 
[completed]YGO-Cafe 5D's Grand Prix
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» for sale 2004 grand prix comp g gtp 3800 series 2 supercharged
» Lotus Grand Prix of Long Beach [33L]
» 1989 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 2+2
» July 9th Support the Troops Show! UNO's Waltham 11-3
» Grand Prix Racer

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: YUGIOH :: YuGiOh! Tournaments :: YGO Game Events-Singapore-
Jump to: