Welcome to Yugioh! Singapore forum. Please login.

Have a nice day.


A place for YuGiOh fans or players to gather and chat
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Question: Upper deck/asian-english?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
IndigoEyes
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist


Number of posts : 132
Age : 27
Location : Singapore
Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Question: Upper deck/asian-english?   Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:22 pm

I was reading posts and people were talking about upper deck and asian english cards.
What are the differences between them?
How do I differentiate which cards are upperdeck and asian english when both of them are in english?

It looks complicated. I fear in the future I did not know I have upperdeck cards in my deck and get disqualified or something in a competition. lol.

Another question: Can this card be used in Konami official tournaments?
Royal Decree
HL03-EN006
It's in parallel rare. I don't know whether this is asian-english or upper deck.

I heard news about some cards from promo magazines and manga cannot be used in konami official tournaments.
What are some cards example? How do we know which cards are given from magazines and manga?

Answers will be appreciated. Smile
It'll make me more aware when buying cards online and anywhere else.
Back to top Go down
je$$
Privaron
Privaron


Number of posts : 1339
Age : 8
Location : admiralty
Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Question: Upper deck/asian-english?   Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:32 pm

http://www.konami-asia.com/th/yugi5d/en/event/dk_english.php

_________________
Quote :
Yea . U also one of his puppet and all the player present on that day were all actors . Nice movie director .

BUYING TRADING SELLING THREAD CLICK HEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Quote :
Everyone has a mask. And we have more than a mask. It's nothing to do with split personalities, just that we play too many roles in life.

A husband / father / son cannot play his 3 roles with the same mask. It'll be so weird!

But my question is, what is me behind my labels and my masks?
What is the real me?
Back to top Go down
IndigoEyes
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist


Number of posts : 132
Age : 27
Location : Singapore
Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Question: Upper deck/asian-english?   Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:53 pm

Thanks.

I'm still abit confused.
My Japanese cards has the same logo as the 1st picture.
All my English cards' logo have the text "YuGiOh" on the red characters, different from the logo in the diagram which is above the character.

What about this card I saw in the net?
Royal Decree
HL03-EN006

I heard it's from Hobby League.
Is it from UDE or asian-english konami?
Back to top Go down
RedEyesFan
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist


Number of posts : 644
Age : 23
Location : Singapore
Registration date : 2010-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Question: Upper deck/asian-english?   Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:14 pm

asian english the logo gotch more white than TCG

Back to top Go down
IndigoEyes
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist


Number of posts : 132
Age : 27
Location : Singapore
Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Question: Upper deck/asian-english?   Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:50 pm

Huh? Means all the english cards bought from stores cannot be used in tournament?
I think all the cards I bought for years are from UDE.

I thought it should can?
Currently in sg, what version cards are duelist using now in official and weekly tournaments?
Very scary leh, then all my cards cannot be played.

I never seen asian-english logo cards before. (Shown in that link.)
Are they even for sale?
Back to top Go down
je$$
Privaron
Privaron


Number of posts : 1339
Age : 8
Location : admiralty
Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Question: Upper deck/asian-english?   Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:53 pm

local tournaments allow any language

official only allow jap and asian english.

_________________
Quote :
Yea . U also one of his puppet and all the player present on that day were all actors . Nice movie director .

BUYING TRADING SELLING THREAD CLICK HEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Quote :
Everyone has a mask. And we have more than a mask. It's nothing to do with split personalities, just that we play too many roles in life.

A husband / father / son cannot play his 3 roles with the same mask. It'll be so weird!

But my question is, what is me behind my labels and my masks?
What is the real me?
Back to top Go down
IndigoEyes
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist


Number of posts : 132
Age : 27
Location : Singapore
Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Question: Upper deck/asian-english?   Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:03 pm

I see, thanks. I feel more clearer now.
I just read abit of the history that UDE and Asian had dispute over something.
I can't believe they split up. >_< Make harder for players now...

What about those big tournaments?

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/World_Championship

Does the players there use asian-english and japanese cards or UDE cards?
Currently, are majority of SG players going for asian-english/japanese cards or UDE cards?
Back to top Go down
YuGiLoo
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist


Number of posts : 350
Age : 19
Location : real madrid. (:
Registration date : 2010-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Question: Upper deck/asian-english?   Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:21 pm

majority japanese cards..
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/YuGiLoo
IndigoEyes
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist


Number of posts : 132
Age : 27
Location : Singapore
Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Question: Upper deck/asian-english?   Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:38 pm

Aw... okay. Thanks for the info.
Better to know now than 3-4 years down the road.

I better start collecting jp cards. My collection has english > jp.
My decks are mostly eng. T_T

Are JP cards cheaper than English right?
Back to top Go down
Machinist
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist


Number of posts : 205
Age : 35
Location : Sembawang
Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Question: Upper deck/asian-english?   Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:07 pm

Oh. that sux, all my cards are not ASIAN ENG, i can't join the official...


Last edited by Machinist on Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RedEyesFan
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist


Number of posts : 644
Age : 23
Location : Singapore
Registration date : 2010-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Question: Upper deck/asian-english?   Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:10 pm

IndigoEyes wrote:
I see, thanks. I feel more clearer now.
I just read abit of the history that UDE and Asian had dispute over something.
I can't believe they split up. >_< Make harder for players now...

What about those big tournaments?

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/World_Championship

Does the players there use asian-english and japanese cards or UDE cards?
Currently, are majority of SG players going for asian-english/japanese cards or UDE cards?

go to wikia for infos for rulings...

the rest are completely one sided crap
Back to top Go down
YuGiLoo
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist


Number of posts : 350
Age : 19
Location : real madrid. (:
Registration date : 2010-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Question: Upper deck/asian-english?   Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:24 pm

Machinist wrote:
Oh. that sux, all my cards are not ASIAN ENG, i can't join the official...
haha its ok.
same to me too. xP
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/YuGiLoo
Rex
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist


Number of posts : 934
Age : 26
Location : Toa Payoh
Registration date : 2010-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Question: Upper deck/asian-english?   Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:42 am

now like not much ppl would like to buy UDE cards...
Back to top Go down
IndigoEyes
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist


Number of posts : 132
Age : 27
Location : Singapore
Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Question: Upper deck/asian-english?   Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:24 am

Ya, it's very sad for long time players who collected alot of English cards.
In the end, those cards are only good for album.
Although we still can duel in local tournament, I suddenly feel no pride in my UDE cards because they are not official anymore.
Dunno why they still very expensive in market.

I don't know whether to resell my cards in ebay or not.
JP cards are cheaper but very hard to know it's rarity.
Example, the solemn warning suddenly become common rarity in JP.

I don't know where asia-eng sell.
I never seen any yu-gi-oh cards with asia-eng logo before.
Back to top Go down
pokekid88
Yugi Mutou
Yugi Mutou


Number of posts : 3820
Age : 28
Location : SG
Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Question: Upper deck/asian-english?   Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:31 am

IndigoEyes wrote:
Ya, it's very sad for long time players who collected alot of English cards.
In the end, those cards are only good for album.
Although we still can duel in local tournament, I suddenly feel no pride in my UDE cards because they are not official anymore.
Dunno why they still very expensive in market.

I don't know whether to resell my cards in ebay or not.
JP cards are cheaper but very hard to know it's rarity.
Example, the solemn warning suddenly become common rarity in JP.

I don't know where asia-eng sell.
I never seen any yu-gi-oh cards with asia-eng logo before.

Is not solemn warning suddenly become common in JP.... is eng version suddenly become ULTRA....japan packs release earlier then english..
Back to top Go down
http://time-to-get-pwned.blogspot.com/
IndigoEyes
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist


Number of posts : 132
Age : 27
Location : Singapore
Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Question: Upper deck/asian-english?   Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:51 am

pokekid88 wrote:
IndigoEyes wrote:
Ya, it's very sad for long time players who collected alot of English cards.
In the end, those cards are only good for album.
Although we still can duel in local tournament, I suddenly feel no pride in my UDE cards because they are not official anymore.
Dunno why they still very expensive in market.

I don't know whether to resell my cards in ebay or not.
JP cards are cheaper but very hard to know it's rarity.
Example, the solemn warning suddenly become common rarity in JP.

I don't know where asia-eng sell.
I never seen any yu-gi-oh cards with asia-eng logo before.

Is not solemn warning suddenly become common in JP.... is eng version suddenly become ULTRA....japan packs release earlier then english..
My bad. Yup, jp packs released earlier.
UDE found out the usefulness of solemn warning and made in ultra rare.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist


Number of posts : 934
Age : 26
Location : Toa Payoh
Registration date : 2010-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Question: Upper deck/asian-english?   Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:00 am

IndigoEyes wrote:
Ya, it's very sad for long time players who collected alot of English cards.
In the end, those cards are only good for album.
Although we still can duel in local tournament, I suddenly feel no pride in my UDE cards because they are not official anymore.
Dunno why they still very expensive in market.

I don't know whether to resell my cards in ebay or not.
JP cards are cheaper but very hard to know it's rarity.
Example, the solemn warning suddenly become common rarity in JP.

I don't know where asia-eng sell.
I never seen any yu-gi-oh cards with asia-eng logo before.

probably why UDE are still expensive is they stop reprinting already, so become more rare...
Back to top Go down
IndigoEyes
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist


Number of posts : 132
Age : 27
Location : Singapore
Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Question: Upper deck/asian-english?   Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:45 pm

Yup. I decided that I'll be keeping all my ude cards and decks.
They might have value later in the future. It's also good for casual play.

I wished I learnt Japanese, so I could read the OCG cards.
I'm mixed Japanese yet I don't know how to read Japanese. Embarassed
I understand Japanese 50% of the time but no confidence to speak it out. Lol...

Going to find Japanese classes when I'm more free in the future.
Back to top Go down
Lolzorx
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist


Number of posts : 1140
Age : 24
Location : Dats Center Riverfront
Registration date : 2009-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Question: Upper deck/asian-english?   Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:53 pm

IndigoEyes wrote:
Yup. I decided that I'll be keeping all my ude cards and decks.
They might have value later in the future. It's also good for casual play.

I wished I learnt Japanese, so I could read the OCG cards.
I'm mixed Japanese yet I don't know how to read Japanese. Embarassed
I understand Japanese 50% of the time but no confidence to speak it out. Lol...

Going to find Japanese classes when I'm more free in the future.
If you're going to take japanese classes for yugioh you either must be too free or too loaded, you don't have to say its japanese name for the card though. Most of the cards are in english for its name too eg. stardust dragon etc etc


Last edited by Lolzorx on Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
IndigoEyes
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist


Number of posts : 132
Age : 27
Location : Singapore
Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Question: Upper deck/asian-english?   Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:20 am

Haha, not just for yugioh. I have interests in it too.
I feel that it's more convenient to read the cards effect rather than looking at the translation webby/printed all of the time.

I don't have time and money now. Sad
My FYP is up on Jan to June. I'm thinking of going for classes after it or during the semester-break.

I'm doing some self-studying. I've to learn the characters first.
A(Ah), i (eee), u (uuu) e(ehh), o(oh), Sa, si, su, se, so, ichi, ni, san, shi, ko, roku, nana, hachi, kyu, ju, ju-ichi, ju-ni etc.
watashi wa singaporujin desu. lol... im trying to learn how to write and read kanji and hiragana.
Back to top Go down
pokekid88
Yugi Mutou
Yugi Mutou


Number of posts : 3820
Age : 28
Location : SG
Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Question: Upper deck/asian-english?   Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:42 am

もっとアニメを見るよ... 直ぐにわかるよ...日本語て...
頑張って日本語を勉強してください....

Watch more anime... You will learn...japanese right away....
Do your best in studying japanese language....hehe

btw, i got no JLPT cert....so even my japanese sentence structure could be wrong...LOL

LOL

Back to top Go down
http://time-to-get-pwned.blogspot.com/
Rex
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist


Number of posts : 934
Age : 26
Location : Toa Payoh
Registration date : 2010-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Question: Upper deck/asian-english?   Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:06 pm

yeah..and there's lots of jap classes around...so easier to read the effects straight from the cards itself...
Back to top Go down
~Happyloo~
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist


Number of posts : 141
Age : 21
Location : Malaysia
Registration date : 2010-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Question: Upper deck/asian-english?   Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:20 pm

IndigoEyes wrote:
Thanks.

I'm still abit confused.
My Japanese cards has the same logo as the 1st picture.
All my English cards' logo have the text "YuGiOh" on the red characters, different from the logo in the diagram which is above the character.

What about this card I saw in the net?
Royal Decree
HL03-EN006

I heard it's from Hobby League.
Is it from UDE or asian-english konami?

Just look at your card. Look at the bottom right corner of your picture and you'll realize there is a number there, heres an example.

[HL03]-[EN][006]
1 3 4

1 = Short form of the Set that cards belongs to.
2 = OCG/TCG (EN = TCG/ JP = OCG)
3 = Card no. in that particular set.

Well, basically just look at its either EN or JP and you'll find its OCG or TCG. If you find its JP and in English letters obviously means its Asian-English card.

I hope this helps Razz
Back to top Go down
http://xduelingbrothersx.blogspot.com
IndigoEyes
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist


Number of posts : 132
Age : 27
Location : Singapore
Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Question: Upper deck/asian-english?   Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:56 am

Thanks, haha.
I understand Japanese 50% of the time by hearing, I think learning characters would be good for me.

Quote :
もっとアニメを見るよ... 直ぐにわかるよ...日本語て...
頑張って日本語を勉強してください....

Watch more anime... You will learn...japanese right away....
Do your best in studying japanese language....hehe
Yeah, animes are another one of my hobby besides yugioh. Smile
I helps to increase my Japanese vocab. ^^


Quote :
1 = Short form of the Set that cards belongs to.
2 = OCG/TCG (EN = TCG/ JP = OCG)
3 = Card no. in that particular set.

Well, basically just look at its either EN or JP and you'll find its OCG or TCG. If you find its JP and in English letters obviously means its Asian-English card.
This info is good.
I didn't notice much about their set number after all these years.
Thanks. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Question: Upper deck/asian-english?   Today at 7:10 am

Back to top Go down
 
Question: Upper deck/asian-english?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» English Version of Yugioh! Cards - legality
» 2000/01 UD Legendary Signatures Walt Frazier Auto FT- Card Traded
» Tradelist inside looking for anything scott kazmir and metal universe baseball cards updated 1/23/12
» Looking for Chipper Jones I do not have.
» My BK Wants

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: YUGIOH :: YuGiOh! General :: Ruling Questions and Card Translations-
Jump to: