Welcome to Yugioh! Singapore forum. Please login.

Have a nice day.

A place for YuGiOh fans or players to gather and chat

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Destroying of a monster when it gains atk after summoning.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Renaissance
Trainee Duelist
Trainee Duelist

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-07-11

PostSubject: Destroying of a monster when it gains atk after summoning.   Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:11 pm

Hi!

I am not sure if there was anyone who posted this before but this question just
popped up in my mind.

E.G: BOTTOMLESS TRAP HOLE
Effect: When your opponent Summons a monster(s) with 1500 or more
ATK, destroy and remove from plat the monster(s).

With that said, if a monster like Giant Rat [ATK1400] is summoned and Gaia Power
is on the field. Thus, it gains 500 ATK becoming a ATK1900 monster, can
BOTTOMLESS TRAP HOLE be activated? Or do you need to refer to the Original ATK
of the summoned monster(s) to be able to activate cards like BOTTOMLESS TRAP HOLE
AND TRAP HOLE?

Thank you all first.
-Renaissance
Back to top Go down
DSummon
Millennium Earl
Millennium Earl

Number of posts : 1337
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Destroying of a monster when it gains atk after summoning.   Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:14 pm

Depends on what kind of add attack is it. If it is something like Gaia Power / Solidarity which is a permanent effect on the field when you are summoning the monster, yes you can bottomless it, as per your own example.

Cases which you may not are something like Card Gunner. When you summon and declare priority to send 3 cards to grave, you cannot Bottomless it because it is not above 1500 yet
Back to top Go down
http://www.duelingdays.blogspot.com
Renaissance
Trainee Duelist
Trainee Duelist

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Destroying of a monster when it gains atk after summoning.   Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:29 pm

DSummon wrote:
Depends on what kind of add attack is it. If it is something like Gaia Power / Solidarity which is a permanent effect on the field when you are summoning the monster, yes you can bottomless it, as per your own example.

Cases which you may not are something like Card Gunner. When you summon and declare priority to send 3 cards to grave, you cannot Bottomless it because it is not above 1500 yet

Oh I see.

I understand what you mean. You are saying that Card Gunner does not gain ATK when it is summoned
but its effect is needed to be activated to do so. Thus, BOTTOMLESS TRAP HOLE/TRAP HOLE can't be used.
Just to clarify,

Naturia Dragonfly
Effect: This card is not destroyed by battle with a monster with 2000 ATK or more. This card gains 200 ATK for each "Naturia" monster in your Graveyard.

Thus, if it is summoned and there are 5 Naturia monsters in my graveyard, it gains 1000ATK and becomes
a whooping 2200ATK monster. Can BOTTOMLESS TRAP HOLE/TRAP HOLE e activated?
I treat Dragonfly's effect like a "passive" effect and Card Gunner's effect to be like "active" effect.
So, are you saying "passive" effects which gain ATK, and effects that already add ATK which are on the field I can activate BOTTOMLESS TRAP HOLE etc. is that it?

-Renaissance
Back to top Go down
holylight
Judai Yuki
Judai Yuki

Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2010-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Destroying of a monster when it gains atk after summoning.   Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:39 pm

everything can bottomless if the attack is above 1500 atk then if have solidarity or wad card tat plus atk can bottomless
Back to top Go down
DSummon
Millennium Earl
Millennium Earl

Number of posts : 1337
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Destroying of a monster when it gains atk after summoning.   Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:47 pm

@ Renaissance Yup, you got the passive and active bit right. Apply that across the board and you will get your answers
Back to top Go down
http://www.duelingdays.blogspot.com
holylight
Judai Yuki
Judai Yuki

Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2010-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Destroying of a monster when it gains atk after summoning.   Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:53 pm

ok
Back to top Go down
koga151
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2010-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Destroying of a monster when it gains atk after summoning.   Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:21 pm

however...it can be chained with shrink to reduce it attack lesser dan 1500 to make bottomless lose its target of bottomless it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Destroying of a monster when it gains atk after summoning.   Today at 4:24 am

Back to top Go down

Destroying of a monster when it gains atk after summoning.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1