Welcome to Yugioh! Singapore forum. Please login.

Have a nice day.

A place for YuGiOh fans or players to gather and chat

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Help Here ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
xDestinyx
Duelist
Duelist

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2010-01-17

PostSubject: Help Here ?   Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:02 am

Qn 1. Magical Merchant's effect is FLIP: Pick up cards from the top of your Deck until you pick up a Spell Card or Trap Card. Add that card to your hand. Send the remaining cards to the Graveyard.

Can I choose between the Spell Card or Trap Card or I drop cards into the graveyard until I get a Magic or Trap ? lol!

Qn 2. Regarding Koa'ki Meiru Powerhand's effect ( During each of your End Phases, destroy this card unless you send 1 "Iron Core of Koa'ki Meiru" from your hand to the Graveyard or reveal 1 Normal Trap Card from your hand. If this card battles with a LIGHT or DARK monster, any of that monster's effects that activate or apply on the field are negated during the Battle Phase, while this card remains on the field. ), when it battles with Jain, Lightsworn Paladin. It is unable to add the 300 Att points, right ?

● Then if it is not destroyed, it cannot send 2 top cards to the graveyard from the deck at the end of the turn right ?

● Then what happens if it battles with Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter is it still able to use it's effect to destroy 1 card on the field and send 3 top cards to the graveyard ?

● Then when my opponent chain it with honest during the damage step, will honest's effect add to the Jain, Lightsworn Paladin or to that matter, when opponent have Blackwing - Shura the Blue Flame on the field then I add, then he chain Blackwing - Kalut the Moon Shadow's effect, then Blackwing - Shura the Blue Flame's attack got add or not ?

lol!

Last edited by xDestinyx on Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AmosCHARGE!
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist

Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Help Here ?   Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:49 am

You drop until you get a spell or trap. =D
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/Neuxcharge
xDestinyx
Duelist
Duelist

PostSubject: Re: Help Here ?   Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:54 am

ah... some more Q & As !
Back to top Go down
Lolzorx
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist

Number of posts : 1140
Registration date : 2009-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Help Here ?   Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:10 am

Q2
-1.It will still be able to mill,can't u see the effect of it being in battle phase?
-2.You would be able to negate ryko if u attacked him facedown
-3.Obviously honest or Qalat would have effect,it states THAT monster

Do you even read the effects properly before posting?
Back to top Go down
xDestinyx
Duelist
Duelist

PostSubject: Re: Help Here ?   Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:15 am

before they can light and dark monsters... Their effect are negated during battle phrase ? the part where they say applied on to the field, so I was not sure if it can negate the honest and qalat cause their effects affect the field and it happens during the battle phrase...
Back to top Go down
DSummon
Millennium Earl
Millennium Earl

Number of posts : 1337
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Help Here ?   Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:09 am

Qn 1. Magical Merchant's effect is FLIP: Pick up cards from the top of your Deck until you pick up a Spell Card or Trap Card. Add that card to your hand. Send the remaining cards to the Graveyard.

Can I choose between the Spell Card or Trap Card or I drop cards into the graveyard until I get a Magic or Trap ? lol!

Ans: Once you hit a magic / trap card, you MUST stop, then add that magic / trap card to hand.

Qn 2. Regarding Koa'ki Meiru Powerhand's effect ( During each of your End Phases, destroy this card unless you send 1 "Iron Core of Koa'ki Meiru" from your hand to the Graveyard or reveal 1 Normal Trap Card from your hand. If this card battles with a LIGHT or DARK monster, any of that monster's effects that activate or apply on the field are negated during the Battle Phase, while this card remains on the field. ), when it battles with Jain, Lightsworn Paladin. It is unable to add the 300 Att points, right ?

● Then if it is not destroyed, it cannot send 2 top cards to the graveyard from the deck at the end of the turn right ?

Ans: As per Powerhand's effect, it only negates it during Battle phase. Hence, sending cards to grave during end phase effect goes through

● Then what happens if it battles with Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter is it still able to use it's effect to destroy 1 card on the field and send 3 top cards to the graveyard ?

Ans: As per Powerhand's effect, it negates it during Battle phase. So if it hits a Ryko during battle phase, effect is negated. However, if during main phase your opponent flips it open on his own, obviously effect goes through

● Then when my opponent chain it with honest during the damage step, will honest's effect add to the Jain, Lightsworn Paladin or to that matter, when opponent have Blackwing - Shura the Blue Flame on the field then I add, then he chain Blackwing - Kalut the Moon Shadow's effect, then Blackwing - Shura the Blue Flame's attack got add or not ?

Ans: Powerhand effect states it only negates the effect of the monster it is hitting. Therefore Honest / Kalut effect will still go through, attack will still be added

Hmmmm, YGO alot of people need to read the card effects carefully and your own question is answered really. Example in above Powerhand questions
Back to top Go down
http://www.duelingdays.blogspot.com
xDestinyx
Duelist
Duelist

PostSubject: Re: Help Here ?   Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:26 pm

DSummon wrote:

Ans: Once you hit a magic / trap card, you MUST stop, then add that magic / trap card to hand.

Ans: As per Powerhand's effect, it only negates it during Battle phase. Hence, sending cards to grave during end phase effect goes through

Ans: As per Powerhand's effect, it negates it during Battle phase. So if it hits a Ryko during battle phase, effect is negated. However, if during main phase your opponent flips it open on his own, obviously effect goes through

Ans: Powerhand effect states it only negates the effect of the monster it is hitting. Therefore Honest / Kalut effect will still go through, attack will still be added

Hmmmm, YGO alot of people need to read the card effects carefully and your own question is answered really. Example in above Powerhand questions

But the effect states that:
If this card battles with a LIGHT or DARK monster, any of that monster's effects that activate or apply on the field are negated during the Battle Phase, while this card remains on the field.

I thought so long as the it fight any LIGHT or DARK monsters and there is a another monster using it's effect so I can negate ?
Back to top Go down
bishzor101
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist

Number of posts : 680
Registration date : 2008-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Help Here ?   Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:50 pm

The term " apply on the field " relates to the monster that battles Powerhand.
Back to top Go down
DSummon
Millennium Earl
Millennium Earl

Number of posts : 1337
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Help Here ?   Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:01 pm

xDestinyx wrote:
But the effect states that:
If this card battles with a LIGHT or DARK monster, any of THAT monster's effects that activate or apply on the field are negated during the Battle Phase, while this card remains on the field.

I thought so long as the it fight any LIGHT or DARK monsters and there is a another monster using it's effect so I can negate ?

As mentioned, you are answering your own questions. Its pretty much in plain english imo. It does not say, another monster which you are implying. It uses the term, any of that, is because there is the chance of fighting either a light / dark monster.

For those who can read Japanese, note the below, which I always find Japanese text is alot more clearer.

このカードのコントローラーは自分のエンドフェイズ毎に手札から「コアキメイルの鋼核」を1枚墓地へ送るか、手札の通常罠カード1枚を相手に見せる。または、どちらも行わずにこのカードを破壊する。このカードが光属性または闇属性モンスターと戦闘を行う場合、バトルフェイズの間だけそのモンスターの効果は無効化される。
Back to top Go down
http://www.duelingdays.blogspot.com
xDestinyx
Duelist
Duelist

PostSubject: Re: Help Here ?   Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:20 pm

oh oh oh oh ! ! ! okay okay thx thx !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help Here ?   Today at 3:50 pm