Welcome to Yugioh! Singapore forum. Please login.

Have a nice day.

A place for YuGiOh fans or players to gather and chat

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

SDAM

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lockon
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: SDAM   Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:28 pm

Situation: I attack using Stardust dragon, then opponent uses Mirror force, then i chain with Stardust's effect, then i select stardust as the target of tribute. Can i chain Assault Mode Activate to stardust and have use of stardust's effect ? Cause someone say can, some say cannot... But the psp for Tag force 3 can. There is a simliar situation... i have solar flare on my side of the field, i want to use it as a tribute for Jinzo, then when i select as a target of tribute for jinzo is success, then i chain Spiritual Fire Art - Kurenai can leh... So can or cannot ? Or another situation: I got solar flare on my side of field, then i want to special summon Malevolent Mech - Goku En, then select solar flare as i target, then i chain the effect with Spiritual Fire Art - Kurenai, then inflict attack lifepoint on opponent, then i also have my Malevolent Mech - Goku En on the field too...

Can this 2 examples used to prove that i can use stardust effect and chain with assault mode activate and stay have my stardust returned back at the end of turn ??

Last edited by Lockon on Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://sg-duelists-unity.blogspot.com/
Ball-Snow
Millennium Earl
Millennium Earl

Number of posts : 786
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: SDAM   Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:33 pm

i dont think cant, stardust dragon's effect's cost is tributing itself.
u cant activate assault mode cos, assault mode's effect is sending one monster from the field to graveyard, den special summon the monster's assault mode.

when u activate stardust's effect, u got no target on the field for "assault mode activate" already, unless u got other monsters e.g. red damon dragon etc

Judai Yuki
Judai Yuki

Number of posts : 2490
Registration date : 2008-07-18

PostSubject: Re: SDAM   Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:37 pm

If you tribute Stardust for it's own cost, would you still have a Stardust to tribute for Assault Mode? You cannot chain to a cost, it's the first thing that happens when activate a card.

You can't buy 2 plates of chicken rice with the same $3 can you?
Back to top Go down
bahamut84
Millennium Earl
Millennium Earl

Number of posts : 1232
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: SDAM   Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:10 am

Quote :
Situation: I attack using Stardust dragon, then opponent uses Mirror force, then i chain with Stardust's effect, then i select stardust as the target of tribute. Can i chain Assault Mode Activate to stardust and have use of stardust's effect ? Cause someone say can, some say cannot... But the psp for Tag force 3 can.

You sac Stardust to negate Mirror Force, how you wanna use Assault Mode trap. And are you sure you did the same thing in Tag force 3 especially you know, Tag Force 3 doesn't have Assault Mode.

Quote :
i have solar flare on my side of the field, i want to use it as a tribute for Jinzo, then when i select as a target of tribute for jinzo is success, then i chain Spiritual Fire Art - Kurenai can leh...

Are you tributing your Solar Flare for Jinzo? I am sure tributing does not target and has no spell speed. If you are chaining to a monster summon, remember that this is Jinzo that we are talking about and you are attempting to activate a normal TRAP.

Quote :
I got solar flare on my side of field, then i want to special summon Malevolent Mech - Goku En, then select solar flare as i target

What?

http://duelingdays.blogspot.com
Back to top Go down
Lockon
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

PostSubject: Re: SDAM   Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:24 am

bahamut84 wrote:
Quote :
Situation: I attack using Stardust dragon, then opponent uses Mirror force, then i chain with Stardust's effect, then i select stardust as the target of tribute. Can i chain Assault Mode Activate to stardust and have use of stardust's effect ? Cause someone say can, some say cannot... But the psp for Tag force 3 can.

You sac Stardust to negate Mirror Force, how you wanna use Assault Mode trap. And are you sure you did the same thing in Tag force 3 especially you know, Tag Force 3 doesn't have Assault Mode.

Quote :
i have solar flare on my side of the field, i want to use it as a tribute for Jinzo, then when i select as a target of tribute for jinzo is success, then i chain Spiritual Fire Art - Kurenai can leh...

Are you tributing your Solar Flare for Jinzo? I am sure tributing does not target and has no spell speed. If you are chaining to a monster summon, remember that this is Jinzo that we are talking about and you are attempting to activate a normal TRAP.

Quote :
I got solar flare on my side of field, then i want to special summon Malevolent Mech - Goku En, then select solar flare as i target

What?

Can... you go try in your psp's tag force 3...
Back to top Go down
DSummon
Millennium Earl
Millennium Earl

Number of posts : 1337
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: SDAM   Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:56 am

Erm, tag force 3 is not always accurate and has been known to be bugged...

End conclusion is the stuff you stated above, as long as I read correctly, all are wrong rulings and cannot take place.
Back to top Go down
http://www.duelingdays.blogspot.com
IamNOBODY
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-10-18

PostSubject: Re: SDAM   Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:22 am

are u sure there is assault mode is in tag force 3?? LOL
Back to top Go down
kyoju
SGDuelists Admin
SGDuelists Admin

Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2009-04-11

PostSubject: Re: SDAM   Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:45 am

No. You are not able to do the aforementioned Larry stunt. Kindly ask actual questions in the future.
Back to top Go down
Axehead
Judai Yuki
Judai Yuki

Number of posts : 2490
Registration date : 2008-07-18

PostSubject: Re: SDAM   Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:09 am

LOL and actually, I thought this was one question per thread?

Read the rules, you don't have money.

So just remember, after something has been tributed for a cost or a summon, you CANNOT chain to it. It's a GAME MECHANIC! You cannot chain to a game mechanic. It's like an action or a rule.

So the 2nd question is obviously a no. Cause cost has been paid and Solar Flare Dragon is already in grave. Not to mention it's a damned Jinzo you're tributing for. Which does not allow you to open your card at all in the first place.

Like my earlier chicken rice example states, you already paid $3 for the chicken rice. Do you still have the same $3 with you for another plate?

As for the last question which totally makes no sense, are you by any chance, refering to Goka, the Pyre of Malice?

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Goka,_the_Pyre_of_Malice

In that case, it is different. There's no cost to summon Goka. You're chaining to it's EFFECT of destroying the Fire monster, in which you can chain Spiritual Fire Art to tribute the Fire monster and save it from destruction. So no, these 2 examples cannot be used to prove that your Stardust can be tributed for both occasions.
Back to top Go down
bahamut84
Millennium Earl
Millennium Earl

Number of posts : 1232
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: SDAM   Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:46 am

Quote :
You cannot chain to a game mechanic. It's like an action or a rule.

just like you cannot freaking chain to a declaration of exodia win!

Back to top Go down
wingwing98
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist

Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: SDAM   Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:38 pm

LOL divine wrath exodia.
Back to top Go down
Lockon
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

PostSubject: Re: SDAM   Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:49 pm

Okays everyone !! I will take note when dueling... Okay !!! Can close thread already...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SDAM   Today at 2:05 pm

Back to top Go down

SDAM
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1