Welcome to Yugioh! Singapore forum. Please login.

Have a nice day.

A place for YuGiOh fans or players to gather and chat

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

September Holidays Tournament at Thousand Taste (11/9/09)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
fireowners
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist

Number of posts : 1332
Registration date : 2008-06-08

PostSubject: September Holidays Tournament at Thousand Taste (11/9/09)   Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:20 pm

Date: 11th September 2009
Time: Registration starts at 12pm. Actual tournament starts at 1.30 pm
Venue:Thousand Taste Trading
Blk 132 #01-283
Jurong East Street 13
Singapore, 600132

Entry Fee: $6 (1 free random foil booster)

Format: Double Elimination
September 2009 banlist (Advanced)
Main Deck: 40-60
Side Deck: 0-15
Extra Deck: 0-15

NOTICE: The protectors of the side and extra deck need not be the same.

1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th gets 1 choice each. Ist chooses, then 2nd, then 3rd, then 4th
Prize pool: 1 BF- Vayu
1 Judgment Dragon
1 Hundred-Eyes Dragon
1 Real Genex Vindicate

No fake cards
No TCG exclusives
Cards of all languages can be used
The organizer and the judges retains the right to disqualify players for misconduct and/or rule violations.

If you have any issues, u can contact me at 96358256.

Last edited by fireowners on Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:15 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
XiaoCola
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist

Number of posts : 1426
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: September Holidays Tournament at Thousand Taste (11/9/09)   Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:30 pm

fireowners wrote:

Prizes will be decided on the day according to the foils pulled. But the prizes will be given out like this:
1st gets to choose 3 foils
2nd gets to choose 2 foils
3rd gets to choose 1 foil

this line very misleading ehh?

wad u meant by pulled.
u mean u will buy 1 box meh.
then common all u kip.

OR

is randomly pulled from album
then gib as prizes

but is like.
the prize
not good leh.
just gib whole pack of booster larh.
like that. very bad leh.
is like.
common u kip, they get foil,not good.
Back to top Go down
je$$
Privaron
Privaron

Number of posts : 1339
Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: September Holidays Tournament at Thousand Taste (11/9/09)   Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:31 pm

911 bomb u

Quote :
Prizes will be decided on the day according to the foils pulled

what does this mean?

BUYING TRADING SELLING THREAD CLICK HEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Quote :
Everyone has a mask. And we have more than a mask. It's nothing to do with split personalities, just that we play too many roles in life.

A husband / father / son cannot play his 3 roles with the same mask. It'll be so weird!

But my question is, what is me behind my labels and my masks?
What is the real me?
Back to top Go down
fireowners
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist

PostSubject: Re: September Holidays Tournament at Thousand Taste (11/9/09)   Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:56 pm

I give out the foils is because sometime ppl complain lyk crazy that they won packs wif no foils at all. And everytime I host a tournament, I nid to fork out some of my own cash to pay for he box as not enuf ppl turn up. So if there is enuf ppl turn up so that I will not make a loss, then I will give out the commons.
Back to top Go down
je$$
Privaron
Privaron

PostSubject: Re: September Holidays Tournament at Thousand Taste (11/9/09)   Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:13 am

so in the end what foils are those?

Quote :
Everyone has a mask. And we have more than a mask. It's nothing to do with split personalities, just that we play too many roles in life.

A husband / father / son cannot play his 3 roles with the same mask. It'll be so weird!

What is the real me?
Back to top Go down
DSummon
Millennium Earl
Millennium Earl

Number of posts : 1337
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: September Holidays Tournament at Thousand Taste (11/9/09)   Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:17 am

More like... What box???
Back to top Go down
http://www.duelingdays.blogspot.com
lingbu
Judai Yuki
Judai Yuki

Number of posts : 2945
Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Re: September Holidays Tournament at Thousand Taste (11/9/09)   Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:17 am

can winner choose the box?
i dun really like the new box.
Back to top Go down
http://www.onepieceofbleach.com
AngryBoy92
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist

Number of posts : 601
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: September Holidays Tournament at Thousand Taste (11/9/09)   Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:07 am

just put prize pool lar the way u write very misleading zzz
Back to top Go down
fireowners
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist

PostSubject: Re: September Holidays Tournament at Thousand Taste (11/9/09)   Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:19 am

To all, it will be like a prize pool. And to all participants, if there is enough ppl, I will allow the winners to decide on the box they want. But for this to happen, there must be a minimum of 16 ppl joining.
Back to top Go down
bahamut84
Millennium Earl
Millennium Earl

Number of posts : 1232
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: September Holidays Tournament at Thousand Taste (11/9/09)   Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:29 pm

Make the prize fixed imo.

It is part of the thing that attracts people.

Everytime got tournament that says "prize according to number of participants" will end up as some questionable prize. People will end up not bothering to go at all.

http://duelingdays.blogspot.com
Back to top Go down
AngryBoy92
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist

PostSubject: Re: September Holidays Tournament at Thousand Taste (11/9/09)   Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:22 pm

ya true i always c these kind of tourney ended up wif the organiser or maybe a few ppl there nia
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: September Holidays Tournament at Thousand Taste (11/9/09)   Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:08 pm

sometimes its like cheating ppl's feeling... ppl go there then prize change, making it a wasted trip...
Back to top Go down
lingbu
Judai Yuki
Judai Yuki

PostSubject: Re: September Holidays Tournament at Thousand Taste (11/9/09)   Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:26 pm

Clarence wrote:
sometimes its like cheating ppl's feeling... ppl go there then prize change, making it a wasted trip...

how abt certain ppl make it to top 4, suddenly organiser change prize saying not much ppl joined, so must change to cheaper?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: September Holidays Tournament at Thousand Taste (11/9/09)   Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:25 pm

also the same ma... will be more angrier i think...
Back to top Go down
bahamut84
Millennium Earl
Millennium Earl

PostSubject: Re: September Holidays Tournament at Thousand Taste (11/9/09)   Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:29 pm

So how about fix a nice prize (dont have to be expensive, even random book promos, im sure ppl will come =D)

And then when you see really no people then bobian, change loh.

Back to top Go down
Axehead
Judai Yuki
Judai Yuki

Number of posts : 2490
Registration date : 2008-07-18

PostSubject: Re: September Holidays Tournament at Thousand Taste (11/9/09)   Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:16 pm

TBA Prizes = Go home.

Usually people will not travel far for a TBA prize unless they just giving support. Then you'll end up with mostly local players only, which I'm sure has happenened countless times.

Nothing fancy really. Just a fixed prize so people don't feel so cheated.
Back to top Go down
lingbu
Judai Yuki
Judai Yuki

PostSubject: Re: September Holidays Tournament at Thousand Taste (11/9/09)   Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:31 pm

Clarence wrote:
also the same ma... will be more angrier i think...

correction: angrier = more angry, nth such as MORE angrier. onli angry , angrier , angriest.

Axyboyboy wrote:
TBA Prizes = Go home.

Usually people will not travel far for a TBA prize unless they just giving support. Then you'll end up with mostly local players only, which I'm sure has happenened countless times.

Nothing fancy really. Just a fixed prize so people don't feel so cheated.

wats TBA?
organisers wan earn money, some onli wana have fun not for the money itself.
but players really wan the prizes.

to balance and be fair, the tourny shld really look at how many ppl there are, then players and organiser determine the prize set and to be fairer, organiser could tell the players how much he has collected and keep some as profit, other part spend on prize.

if still wan argue further , then i suggest u report to polis.
Back to top Go down
bahamut84
Millennium Earl
Millennium Earl

PostSubject: Re: September Holidays Tournament at Thousand Taste (11/9/09)   Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:27 pm

Here comes the grammar police!!

Back to top Go down
fireowners
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist

PostSubject: Re: September Holidays Tournament at Thousand Taste (11/9/09)   Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:34 pm

I wrote there that the prizes has been changed to booster packs...... Maybe if I am able to get my hands on some book promos, I might use those instead
Back to top Go down
XiaoCola
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist

Number of posts : 1426
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: September Holidays Tournament at Thousand Taste (11/9/09)   Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:35 pm

book promo is very lousy prizes eh.
they arent really very worthy unless like those old old one
or set of raiohs.
plz just stick to booster.
always the same de,better
Back to top Go down
fireowners
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist

PostSubject: Re: September Holidays Tournament at Thousand Taste (11/9/09)   Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:29 pm

Ok. The will stick to boosters........
Back to top Go down
je$$
Privaron
Privaron

PostSubject: Re: September Holidays Tournament at Thousand Taste (11/9/09)   Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:19 pm

911 = friday who will go?

Quote :

What is the real me?
Back to top Go down
Axehead
Judai Yuki
Judai Yuki

PostSubject: Re: September Holidays Tournament at Thousand Taste (11/9/09)   Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:21 pm

Booster inside also nothing good nowadays.

I'm sure most of us would rather book promo just for the heck of it being a promo lol. And not really true that shld look at number of participants. Profit comes secondary in a tournament. What's most important is that you gain trust with the players so they will come support more often.

If you adjust prize according to participants, sometimes the prize may end up worst than what you paid for the entrance fee, and the poor player will feel cheated, and will never come again. That way you'll lose a customer. In the long run, that's a no-no.

But anyway, this is very perspective based and you have to look at it from both the points of view of a player and a tourney organiser.
Back to top Go down
je$$
Privaron
Privaron

PostSubject: Re: September Holidays Tournament at Thousand Taste (11/9/09)   Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:39 pm

^ u gt it wrong

1st gets: 15 boosters LE11
2nd gets: 10 boosters LE12
3rd gets: 5 boosters PP11

pls come ^_^

back to topic
single card too ex,book promo too ex,anything also ex.Since we gt a new book promo and LE15,u can use them as prizes lo

Quote :

What is the real me?
Back to top Go down
fireowners
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist

PostSubject: Re: September Holidays Tournament at Thousand Taste (11/9/09)   Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:19 pm

Maybe I might change it to a LE tournament
Back to top Go down
Banana
Millennium Earl
Millennium Earl

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2007-12-23

PostSubject: Re: September Holidays Tournament at Thousand Taste (11/9/09)   Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:30 pm

I actually see a pattern here. Whenever fireowners hold a tourney, there will always be a strong objection. Here are some advices.

Regarding prizes, always try to firm about the top 3 prizes. This is what matters most to many players in Singapore, which is a super materialistic country. The more extravagant your prizes, the more people will be tempted to come.

DO NOT PUT TBA or DEPEND ON X NUMBERS OF PLAYERS. Try to forecast how many people will come and join. Do some publicity. Do not only restrict yourself to the forum. Go out and spread the word.

If you are worried about losing money, then do not give out prizes which cost you a lot. Come on, everyone will "con" others at some point of time. Use it to your advantage, do not need to tell others how much your cost also. I am sure there are some lower priced cards which are still attractive to others.

Always try to keep entrance fees at or below $5, unless you plan to give some super expensive prizes. Or you can try new tactics, like $6 plus drinks, like the Jurong tourneys the last few weeks. I am sure that the drinks we get do not cost $1 to the organiser. However, if we buy drinks outside, it will also cost around the same price. Hence, players would not feel so bad paying $1 extra for drinks.

The above are some advice for you. I am pretty sick to see almost everyone bombing you on the tourneys you hold. Look forward to see yours in Sept.
Back to top Go down
fireowners
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist

PostSubject: Re: September Holidays Tournament at Thousand Taste (11/9/09)   Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:50 pm

Thz to Banana for ur help. I will be looking around to see what attractive cards are available and I will update the prizes on friday latest....
Back to top Go down
pokekid88
Yugi Mutou
Yugi Mutou

Number of posts : 3820

PostSubject: Re: September Holidays Tournament at Thousand Taste (11/9/09)   Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:13 am

Hmm...Delay the tournament for a few days...then use EXTRA PACK 2 box as prizes loh~

LOL

Like that "english exclusive" till CSOC can be used~....LOL
Back to top Go down
http://time-to-get-pwned.blogspot.com/
AngryBoy92
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist

PostSubject: Re: September Holidays Tournament at Thousand Taste (11/9/09)   Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:04 am

looking forward to gd prizes
Back to top Go down
lingbu
Judai Yuki
Judai Yuki

PostSubject: Re: September Holidays Tournament at Thousand Taste (11/9/09)   Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:59 am

pokekid88 wrote:
Hmm...Delay the tournament for a few days...then use EXTRA PACK 2 box as prizes loh~

LOL

Like that "english exclusive" till CSOC can be used~....LOL

but it's 911!!!
lets cherish this date.
the date when the building was destroyed and plane kena "hi-jack"

lets play more aeroplane deck?
on tat day.
Back to top Go down
Sazabi
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist

Number of posts : 1042
Registration date : 2009-04-11

PostSubject: Re: September Holidays Tournament at Thousand Taste (11/9/09)   Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:06 pm

Banana wrote:
I actually see a pattern here. Whenever fireowners hold a tourney, there will always be a strong objection.

I have to agree with this statement.

On that day , everyone play Lord British!!
Back to top Go down
redempt1233
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2009-06-05

PostSubject: Re: September Holidays Tournament at Thousand Taste (11/9/09)   Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:20 am

cannot la ..lord british look too spaceshippy liaoz. Jus play black bomber thn black rose thn use transmigration prophecy or pot or any card that returns monster back to hand or deck thn keep on blackrosing blow up whole field thn is 911 liao lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: September Holidays Tournament at Thousand Taste (11/9/09)   Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:30 am

y not play sky scraper too? buildings...
Back to top Go down
fireowners
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist

PostSubject: Re: September Holidays Tournament at Thousand Taste (11/9/09)   Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:03 am

Lolzzzz....... Use skyscraper + aeroplanes.. 911 deck
Back to top Go down
je$$
Privaron
Privaron

PostSubject: Re: September Holidays Tournament at Thousand Taste (11/9/09)   Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:14 am

u should allow dark dive ....

Quote :

What is the real me?
Back to top Go down
Axehead
Judai Yuki
Judai Yuki

PostSubject: Re: September Holidays Tournament at Thousand Taste (11/9/09)   Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:11 pm

Make it a September list with the exception of Dark Dive.
Back to top Go down
fireowners
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist

PostSubject: Re: September Holidays Tournament at Thousand Taste (11/9/09)   Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:31 pm

I will not allow the use of dark dive, simply because it is banned...... I do not wish to get into trouble just because I allow dark dive............ Anyway, the prizes will be a prize pool. Most likely got judgement and vayu in it.
Back to top Go down
lingbu
Judai Yuki
Judai Yuki

PostSubject: Re: September Holidays Tournament at Thousand Taste (11/9/09)   Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:24 pm

fireowners wrote:
I will not allow the use of dark dive, simply because it is banned...... I do not wish to get into trouble just because I allow dark dive............ Anyway, the prizes will be a prize pool. Most likely got judgement and vayu in it.

je$$ is jus kidding.
cos dark dive is one big plane that can "bomb".
good idea of bomb skyscraper ( building )
Back to top Go down
AngryBoy92
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist

PostSubject: Re: September Holidays Tournament at Thousand Taste (11/9/09)   Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:47 pm

yeah vayu and JD =(
Back to top Go down
L0KI
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist

Number of posts : 536
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: September Holidays Tournament at Thousand Taste (11/9/09)   Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:19 am

give charge of light brigade TCG plss in the pool I prefer that than JD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: September Holidays Tournament at Thousand Taste (11/9/09)   Today at 12:58 pm

Back to top Go down

September Holidays Tournament at Thousand Taste (11/9/09)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next