Welcome to Yugioh! Singapore forum. Please login.

Have a nice day.

A place for YuGiOh fans or players to gather and chat

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

fallen angel desire

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kouSUKE
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

Number of posts : 425
Registration date : 2009-03-19

PostSubject: fallen angel desire   Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:26 pm

if i advance summon desire, and my opponent bottomless it, does my priority effect allow me to send a monster to grave, or just lose 1k atk, and unable to send any monster.
Back to top Go down
MintStar
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: fallen angel desire   Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:09 am

Quote :
堕天使ディザイア
このカードは特殊召喚できない。このカードは天使族モンスター1体をリリースしてアドバンス召喚する事ができる。1ターンに1度、自分のメインフェイズ時にこのカードの攻撃力を1000ポイントダウンし、相手フィールド上に存在するモンスター1体を墓地へ送る事ができる。

Quote :
Fallen Angel Desire
This card cannot be Special Summoned. This card can be Tribute Summoned by Tributing 1 Fairy-Type monster. Once per turn, during your Main Phase, you can have this card lose 1000 ATK, and send 1 monster your opponent controls to the Graveyard.

Assuming the chain is empty when you tribute summoned [Fallen Angel Desire], you may activate its effect once using your turn player priority before opponent chains anything. That is assuming your summon is not negated. i.e. by Solemn Judgment

However, this card needs to be able to lose 1000 attack in order for the effect to be resolved. This means if it is face down or removed from field before its effect is resolved, then the effect will not be able to resolve. Special note is there is no cost for this card to use its effect. Reducing attack by 1000 is part of its effect, and not cost.
Back to top Go down
kouSUKE
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

PostSubject: Re: fallen angel desire   Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:08 am

but bottomless would not remove it from play immediately right? thus, i get to activate the effect first? because some passerby told me that bottomless have removed it from play, thus desire not being on the field meant that i couldnt activate its effect.
Back to top Go down
MintStar
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: fallen angel desire   Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:51 am

You need to understand a few things.
  1. Effects can be activated but they can be not resolved due to certain circumstances.
  2. Even if you use your Turn Player Priority to activate its effect, you still need to ask your opponent if he has anything to chain to it before you resolve your effect.
  3. Fallen Angel Desire's effect don't have a cost, it must be able to fulfill the part of its effect which says reduce attack by 1000 in order for its effect to be able to be resolved.

For your scenario what happens is this:
  1. You tribute summoned your Fallen Angel Desire. You indicate that you want to use its effect with your Turn Player Priority.
  2. Opponent activate Bottomless Traphole.

The chain is:
  1. Chain 1: Fallen Angel Desire's effect.
  2. Chain 2: Bottomless Traphole.

Resolving:
  1. Bottomless Traphole removes Fallen Angel Desire from field.
  2. Fallen Angel Desire's effect attempt to resolve, but its unable to fulfill the part of its effect which reduces 1000 attack because its not on field. Unable to resolve. Effect is null.
Back to top Go down
kouSUKE
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

PostSubject: Re: fallen angel desire   Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:11 pm

oh, i get it , thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fallen angel desire   Today at 8:11 am

Back to top Go down