Welcome to Yugioh! Singapore forum. Please login.

Have a nice day.

A place for YuGiOh fans or players to gather and chat

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

[completed] Duelist Showdown Tournament

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Axehead
Judai Yuki
Judai Yuki

Number of posts : 2490
Registration date : 2008-07-18

PostSubject: [completed] Duelist Showdown Tournament   Sun May 24, 2009 1:02 am

“Duelists’’ Showdown – Taking the Game by Storm!”

Yu-Gi-Oh Tournament

Organized by Yio Chu Kang Zone 7 RC
Sponsored by Audio Venture Trading & Rowell Home Entertainment
Date: June 7 2009
Time: 12 pm
Registration Fees: $3.00
Registration Date: Now till June 7
Tournament Format: Double Elimination
Tournament Venue : Yio Chu Kang Zone 7 RC Ang Mo Kio Ave 4 Blk 624 #01-1078

Will post link to street directory if required.

PRIZES
1st Place - 15 packs of Yu-Gi-Oh booster
2nd Place - 10 packs of Yu-Gi-Oh booster
3rd Place - 5 packs of Yu-Gi-Oh booster

After tourney there will be a lucky draw for participants with attractive prizes!

Lucky Draw Prize Pool:
1 Black Feather-Vayu the Grand Flag (ANPR-J005)
1 Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Boundary (GS01-JP010)
1 Dark Dive Bomber (CRMS-JP040)
17 Random Packs

Additional Information

1. Duelist must submit their Deck List Form to person-in-charge to screen before entering the tournament.
2. The Tournament will be using the Mar 1st 2009 Banned List (Advanced Format).
3. Audio Venture Trading and Yio Chu Kang Zone 7 RC are not liable for any material loss before, during and after the Tournament. Duelists are reminded to look after their belongings at all times.

General Rules:
1. Only genuine Yu-Gi-Oh Cards are allowed in this tournament.
2. Both TCG/OCG cards are allowed in this tournament.
3. Duel Terminal Cards are allowed in this tournament.
4. Strictly NO Korean cards are allowed in this tournament.
5. Any Duelist found cheating or changing cards during the tournament will be disqualified instantly.
6. Non-Dueling players are not allowed to be near the Dueling Area.
7. Organizer and head judge will have all rights to disqualify any players whose behaviour is misconduct and rule violations.
8. Judges’ decisions are final.

Playing Rules:
1. Duelists will be playing 3 rounds per match, best out of 3.
2. Should there be any disputes over card rulings, Duelists should seek the aid of organizer or head judge to clarify.
3. In the event of a draw, Duelists will enter into “Sudden-Death” duel to determine the victor.

If more info required, feel free to raise any questions through this thread. Thank you.

Or alternatively, you can contact 81835819 (Andy)

Last edited by Axehead on Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:57 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
brennan
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2008-12-31

PostSubject: Re: [completed] Duelist Showdown Tournament   Sun May 24, 2009 1:23 am

how do i get the lucky draw prize pool?
Back to top Go down
Axehead
Judai Yuki
Judai Yuki

PostSubject: Re: [completed] Duelist Showdown Tournament   Sun May 24, 2009 1:26 am

Join the tourney, at the end of the tourney there will be a lucky draw. Winners will be picked at random..
Back to top Go down
MintStar
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: [completed] Duelist Showdown Tournament   Sun May 24, 2009 1:27 am

Format? Any Deck Construction rules?
Back to top Go down
Axehead
Judai Yuki
Judai Yuki

PostSubject: Re: [completed] Duelist Showdown Tournament   Sun May 24, 2009 1:49 am

Dr.Brainy wrote:
Format? Any Deck Construction rules?

Format is double elimination as stated.

No Korean cards for Deck Construction.
Back to top Go down
MintStar
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

PostSubject: Re: [completed] Duelist Showdown Tournament   Sun May 24, 2009 1:51 am

No I mean if TCG exclusive or OCG exclusive are allowed? Any limitations?
Back to top Go down
Axehead
Judai Yuki
Judai Yuki

PostSubject: Re: [completed] Duelist Showdown Tournament   Sun May 24, 2009 2:08 am

OCG Exclusive allowed, TCG Exclusives not allowed.
Back to top Go down
MintStar
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

PostSubject: Re: [completed] Duelist Showdown Tournament   Sun May 24, 2009 2:10 am

Ok, thanks a lot for prompt reply. Wish you success for the event.
Back to top Go down
H2O
Duelist
Duelist

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-04-17

PostSubject: Re: [completed] Duelist Showdown Tournament   Sun May 24, 2009 12:02 pm

Why TCG Exclusives not allowed? i got some cards in my deck that TCG Exclusives very unfair leh.
Back to top Go down
Ball-Snow
Millennium Earl
Millennium Earl

Number of posts : 786
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: [completed] Duelist Showdown Tournament   Sun May 24, 2009 1:03 pm

H2O wrote:
Why TCG Exclusives not allowed? i got some cards in my deck that TCG Exclusives very unfair leh.

Most people in singapore play OCG only. So if u are the few who has those TCG exclusives inside yr deck, wld it be fair for you u have them in your deck compared to every1 else who doesnt have them

Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist

Number of posts : 1426
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: [completed] Duelist Showdown Tournament   Sun May 24, 2009 1:22 pm

Is not his Fault.
Is the Rest Dwan Put marh.
LOL!
Gonna Get Flame-d For This I think.LOL
Back to top Go down
MintStar
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

PostSubject: Re: [completed] Duelist Showdown Tournament   Sun May 24, 2009 1:24 pm

I don't think its anyone's fault here. You should just check beforehand all the details you need. If you don't think that the format is fair enough for you then just don't join it. Everyone has their rights of choices.
Back to top Go down
Axehead
Judai Yuki
Judai Yuki

PostSubject: Re: [completed] Duelist Showdown Tournament   Mon May 25, 2009 9:22 pm

Most tourneys apparently use that rule.

We won't change it due to just 1 person. Like Brainy mentioned, if you find the format unfair to you, you may feel free not to join. It will not affect any others as few singaporeans include TCG exclusives in their decks.

Side note: As a matter of curiousity, what is the TCG Exclusive that your that contains?
Back to top Go down
weeyong
Duelist
Duelist

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-04-05

PostSubject: Re: [completed] Duelist Showdown Tournament   Tue May 26, 2009 3:45 am

i think that most card from japan de not enough surpport and stupid only english got that card to surpport like rare that english have only. is like add in 1 to 5 cards TCG exclusive wont be much of a problem ma, still OCG/TCG format.

And again my other friend ask the shop owner at amk there said can use tcg exclusive.
Back to top Go down
MintStar
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

PostSubject: Re: [completed] Duelist Showdown Tournament   Tue May 26, 2009 3:53 am

Its all part of marketing strategy. If Japanese and English booster packs have the exact card list, they will lose out in their counterpart's market. By having TCG exclusives and OCG exclusives, they reach out to a wider market who go for exclusives. Eventually they get reprinted also. So its not stupid.
Back to top Go down
weeyong
Duelist
Duelist

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-04-05

PostSubject: Re: [completed] Duelist Showdown Tournament   Tue May 26, 2009 4:16 am

how you know surly will get reprinted?
Back to top Go down
MintStar
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

PostSubject: Re: [completed] Duelist Showdown Tournament   Tue May 26, 2009 4:47 am

If you haven't noticed. Extra Pack is a reprint of the TCG exclusive from Tactical Evolution till Phantom Darkness set. I'm pretty sure Konami will do it again.
Back to top Go down
kyoju
SGDuelists Admin
SGDuelists Admin

Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2009-04-11

PostSubject: Re: [completed] Duelist Showdown Tournament   Tue May 26, 2009 4:17 pm

Why are there so many stupid people around?
Back to top Go down
xmwx
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2008-06-24

PostSubject: Re: [completed] Duelist Showdown Tournament   Tue May 26, 2009 7:15 pm

lolz.. join for the lucky draw, not for the prize..

dun sae ppl stupid la..
Back to top Go down
Tabris
Duelist
Duelist

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: [completed] Duelist Showdown Tournament   Tue May 26, 2009 7:38 pm

the luck draw is so much more attractive than the winner prize.
so i guess winning the tournament won't make you the 'winner' of the day.
Back to top Go down
http://duellikeanidol.wordpress.com
Axehead
Judai Yuki
Judai Yuki

PostSubject: Re: [completed] Duelist Showdown Tournament   Wed May 27, 2009 1:27 am

More or less, it's quite obvious to see that lols.

Guess it's better that way, even people that lose every game stand a chance to win.
Back to top Go down
bladeknight89
Privaron
Privaron

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: [completed] Duelist Showdown Tournament   Wed May 27, 2009 4:16 am

Yea but just asking for the sake of other ppl who are interested in joining,will all the prizes be fixed irregardless of the turnout?because i noticed that it wasnt stated that the prizes may change based on turnout so some ppl may get the wrong idea abt it..
Back to top Go down
Axehead
Judai Yuki
Judai Yuki

PostSubject: Re: [completed] Duelist Showdown Tournament   Wed May 27, 2009 10:10 pm

bladeknight89 wrote:
Yea but just asking for the sake of other ppl who are interested in joining,will all the prizes be fixed irregardless of the turnout?because i noticed that it wasnt stated that the prizes may change based on turnout so some ppl may get the wrong idea abt it..

Yeah, regardless on turnout, prize will remain the same. The organiser is very particular about not wanting a TBA prize tourney.
Back to top Go down
AzureFire
Duelist
Duelist

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: [completed] Duelist Showdown Tournament   Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:41 am

Just to remind you guys the Tournament will not be held at the premises of Audio Ventura Trading...it will be at the RC..hope those that wants to go knows how to go
Back to top Go down
je$$
Privaron
Privaron

Number of posts : 1339
Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: [completed] Duelist Showdown Tournament   Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:43 am

wats RC? is it at the block downstair again?

BUYING TRADING SELLING THREAD CLICK HEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Quote :
Everyone has a mask. And we have more than a mask. It's nothing to do with split personalities, just that we play too many roles in life.

A husband / father / son cannot play his 3 roles with the same mask. It'll be so weird!

But my question is, what is me behind my labels and my masks?
What is the real me?
Back to top Go down
bahamut84
Millennium Earl
Millennium Earl

Number of posts : 1232
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: [completed] Duelist Showdown Tournament   Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:34 am

Quote :
PRIZES
1st Place - 15 packs of Yu-Gi-Oh booster
2nd Place - 10 packs of Yu-Gi-Oh booster
3rd Place - 5 packs of Yu-Gi-Oh booster

Lucky Draw Prize Pool:
1 Black Feather-Vayu the Grand Flag (ANPR-J005)
1 Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Boundary (GS01-JP010)
1 Dark Dive Bomber (CRMS-JP040)
17 Random Packs

The lucky draw prizes are more valuable than the top prize lol.

http://duelingdays.blogspot.com
Back to top Go down
AzureFire
Duelist
Duelist

PostSubject: Re: [completed] Duelist Showdown Tournament   Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:06 am

Yah its those block downstairs... because its organized by them.and the the lucky draw more attractive..we know lolz.... forget to add in... the 17 random packs..each will have a foil....so i believe every1 know where is it ?
Back to top Go down
lightswornchito
Trainee Duelist
Trainee Duelist

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-06-01

PostSubject: Re: [completed] Duelist Showdown Tournament   Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:48 pm

hope to join your tourny...
Back to top Go down
Axehead
Judai Yuki
Judai Yuki

PostSubject: Re: [completed] Duelist Showdown Tournament   Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:38 pm

lightswornchito wrote:
hope to join your tourny...

LOl, thought you live in philiphines..?
Back to top Go down
lightlord
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2009-03-01

PostSubject: Re: [completed] Duelist Showdown Tournament   Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:00 pm

i wan join but cant lol so sad btw y the prizes all so attractive u all wun lose money mei?
Back to top Go down
bahamut84
Millennium Earl
Millennium Earl

PostSubject: Re: [completed] Duelist Showdown Tournament   Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:11 pm

Then I don't see a point in struggling to get first. just join for $3 and then try your luck with a lot less effort.

If the person get first, open 15 packs and gets nothing interesting, it is kinda stupid. I rather trade the 15 packs in for a dark dive bomber =/

Just a suggestion.

Back to top Go down
je$$
Privaron
Privaron

Number of posts : 1339
Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: [completed] Duelist Showdown Tournament   Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:18 pm

block downstair again =.=,what are the chances it will fail like the previous time in amk...

BUYING TRADING SELLING THREAD CLICK HEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Quote :
Everyone has a mask. And we have more than a mask. It's nothing to do with split personalities, just that we play too many roles in life.

A husband / father / son cannot play his 3 roles with the same mask. It'll be so weird!

But my question is, what is me behind my labels and my masks?
What is the real me?
Back to top Go down
Axehead
Judai Yuki
Judai Yuki

PostSubject: Re: [completed] Duelist Showdown Tournament   Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:59 am

Lol, I believe that was the organiser's intention. So everybody stands a chance of winning regardless of skill level.

And to Je$$, the other fail tourney was because organiser had lightlord's mindset in hosting tourney. Scroll up a bit to see what I mean. Profit comes secondary, what's most important is that the players feel it is worthwhile to join. So yeah, since prizes are confirmed, regardless of turnout, I guess it minimizes the chances of the tourney failing.

And after typing so much, I'm just quoting from the organiser...
Back to top Go down
AzureFire
Duelist
Duelist

PostSubject: Re: [completed] Duelist Showdown Tournament   Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:54 am

Dun forget... get also people will want to get the 1st and the lucky draw.... u can say it this way.. the tournament is to test a duelist skills.. and the lucky draw to test the duelist luck...
Back to top Go down
bahamut84
Millennium Earl
Millennium Earl

PostSubject: Re: [completed] Duelist Showdown Tournament   Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:24 am

Well you can always disallow winners from getting the lucky draw =D

If you win the tournament and still get the lucky draw, the non winners will then feel like they donated money lol.

Yes I know it is hard to please everyone, but at least give the person who struggle and used the most effort a better prize.

Back to top Go down
AzureFire
Duelist
Duelist

PostSubject: Re: [completed] Duelist Showdown Tournament   Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:00 pm

hmm then wont it be fair to those that played and win and hoped to be lucky ?... just like some people can win 4D 1st and 2nd place..(example) some couldnt win anything even though they buy alot.... plus like u said the lucky draw prizes are more attractive then the tournament prize...that way..who will play the tourney ? all will like ...i come for lucky draw only.... let my opponent win? alot of walk-overs i would guess but its a good suggestion and i will ask the organizers about it nevertheless..
Back to top Go down
kyoju
SGDuelists Admin
SGDuelists Admin

Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2009-04-11

PostSubject: Re: [completed] Duelist Showdown Tournament   Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:06 pm

AzureFire wrote:
hmm then wont it be fair to those that played and win and hoped to be lucky ?... just like some people can win 4D 1st and 2nd place..(example) some couldnt win anything even though they buy alot.... plus like u said the lucky draw prizes are more attractive then the tournament prize...that way..who will play the tourney ? all will like ...i come for lucky draw only.... let my opponent win? alot of walk-overs i would guess but its a good suggestion and i will ask the organizers about it nevertheless..

Aren't you and your team the organizers?
Back to top Go down
AzureFire
Duelist
Duelist

PostSubject: Re: [completed] Duelist Showdown Tournament   Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:09 pm

3rd line of the first post

but we are somehow related to it.....even so we need their approval
Back to top Go down
Axehead
Judai Yuki
Judai Yuki

PostSubject: Re: [completed] Duelist Showdown Tournament   Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:39 pm

AzureFire wrote:
3rd line of the first post

but we are somehow related to it.....even so we need their approval

Related as representatives of the sponsor I guess. In a way, co-organiser.
Back to top Go down
Isis.A.R.Ishtar
Duelist
Duelist

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: [completed] Duelist Showdown Tournament   Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:23 pm

where do you Registerter at?
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/isistournament/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [completed] Duelist Showdown Tournament   Today at 11:43 pm

Back to top Go down

[completed] Duelist Showdown Tournament
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next