Welcome to Yugioh! Singapore forum. Please login.

Have a nice day.

A place for YuGiOh fans or players to gather and chat

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Guide on Priority

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bahamut84
Millennium Earl
Millennium Earl

Number of posts : 1232
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Guide on Priority   Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:22 am

Ok I found this really detailed topic at UDE forum and I think it would be great if everyone can read this instead of asking and confusing yourself over the term Priority.

http://entertainment.upperdeck.com/community/forums/thread/1456634.aspx

It is still halfway under construction but yah, please have a read.

I will probably copy and paste it over here once it is completed.

http://duelingdays.blogspot.com
Back to top Go down
http://duelingdays.blogspot.com
kKbz
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist

Number of posts : 715
Registration date : 2007-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Guide on Priority   Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:17 am

Nice! thx .. This indeed will reduce the percentage of confusion among the players.
Back to top Go down
lingbu
Judai Yuki
Judai Yuki

Number of posts : 2945
Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Guide on Priority   Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:29 am

wah so long i didnt go read oso lo...
anyway can summarise?

cos ang moh lang owaes type so long de.
longer than me and kKbz sia!!!

totally lose to them LO!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.onepieceofbleach.com
bladeknight89
Privaron
Privaron

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Guide on Priority   Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:21 pm

Hmm well to summarise,
Priority can be mentioned in terms of these words,

Each time a player performs an action in Yugioh, whether by choice, or as a result of a mandatory trigger effect – priority passes to their opponent, regardless of whether they are the turn player or not.

Under no circumstances can a Yugioh player perform multiple actions without their opponent having an opportunity to respond, although there are situations in which the turn player may activate multiple effects as part of a single action.

Unlike chess however, your opponent is under no forced compulsion to make a response to any action you perform (whether that action was mandatory, or by choice), and is entitled to “pass priority” back to you without performing an action of their own (unless they too have a mandatory effect which must be activated).

In either event, once a player passes priority or performs an action (regardless of type), priority once again shifts to their opponent who now has control of the game. This is mandatory, and cannot be circumvented.
Back to top Go down
sp1nn3r
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

Number of posts : 407
Registration date : 2008-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Guide on Priority   Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:23 am

Let me try...

Priority:
- Something that a player has
- Gives that player a right to do something.

Turn player priority:
- Something that only the turn player has
- Has the absolute right to do something legal at the moment.
- Whatever the turn player does now, forms a chain.

Passing of priority:
- Some sort of "right" that being passed around
- In YGO, priority has to be passed (mandatory) between players after a compulsory effect or an effect played by a player.
- Multiple trigger effect happens ONCE, so it is considered "an effect", so priority only passed once NOT multiple times.
- Only after a successful complete pass of priority, the effects on the chain can be resolved properly.
Back to top Go down
kKbz
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist

PostSubject: Re: Guide on Priority   Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:38 am

Quote :
anyway can summarise?

Do you have a problem ?zzZz..i type long is to be more detailed and as wells as you just dont get it always..lolx -_-" faint**

Summarize? Everytime summarised , you stills dont understands it de T.T". what is the difference? Its better if you DO take intiative to read up as you might understands whats lies within it THAN others summarising for you,and follow by you stills dont get it.

People will feel hurt/fustrated/demoralise "more" than you do..

I not sure did you do it on purpose or unintentionally but please spare a thought on/for people who are kind to explain or summarise^^"..I already refrain myself for repeating,but i do not wants others to felt the way i went through.

But seriously la, These are quite important !!

As in my comments and as wells as the "Priority Guide"
you should really try to know whats on it either from the link when its done OR from the ones that others have summarise.

simplest form: priority player will get to do things first but do note that after you did something you have to pass to opponent for him to pass back the priority ..then you can carry on ..

^^" good luck,yeah man..abit long..
Err.. i not aiming anyone ,just feel that sometimes you have to learn to be understandings lo ^^"..ok happy reading.. its really abit impt.
Back to top Go down
lingbu
Judai Yuki
Judai Yuki

PostSubject: Re: Guide on Priority   Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:03 am

kKbz wrote:
Quote :
anyway can summarise?

Do you have a problem ?zzZz..i type long is to be more detailed and as wells as you just dont get it always..lolx -_-" faint**

Summarize? Everytime summarised , you stills dont understands it de T.T". what is the difference? Its better if you DO take intiative to read up as you might understands whats lies within it THAN others summarising for you,and follow by you stills dont get it.

I not sure did you do it on purpose or unintentionally but please spare a thought on/for people who are kind to explain or summarise^^"..I already refrain myself for repeating,but i do not wants others to felt the way i went through.

you should really try to know whats on it either from the link when its done OR from the ones that others have summarise.

simplest form: priority player will get to do things first but do note that after you did something you have to pass to opponent for him to pass back the priority ..then you can carry on ..

Err.. i not aiming anyone ,just feel that sometimes you have to learn to be understandings lo ^^"..ok happy reading.. its really abit impt.

i didnt ask u to summarise.
since u did it unwillingly no one force u to.
cos the texts from the link is really to long and profound.

anyway u said i did it intentionally, YES i really needed someone to do summarise for sake of all not onli for me.

And thanks those good souls spinner and bladeknight for summarising for ME.

U not happy u can dun summarise de instead u took time to criticise me when yr last sentence was "i not aiming anyone "

anyway grow up and dun post irrelevant tings.
distorting facts and be the good guy here.

i dun mind being the bad guy as i hate to "FAKE" being the good guy owaes.
=)
Back to top Go down
kKbz
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist

PostSubject: Re: Guide on Priority   Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:55 am

Quote :
i didnt ask u to summarise.
since u did it unwillingly no one force u to.
cos the texts from the link is really to long and profound.

anyway u said i did it intentionally, YES i really needed someone to do summarise for sake of all not onli for me.

And thanks those good souls spinner and bladeknight for summarising for ME.

U not happy u can dun summarise de instead u took time to criticise me when yr last sentence was "i not aiming anyone "

i dun mind being the bad guy as i hate to "FAKE" being the good guy owaes.
=)

I think you have a problem digressing what i wrote. i shall highlight to you some of them..

Quote :

This are the key words...

-Everytime summarised ( Simply means from last time till now, not only this topic.)
-purpose or unintentionally ( seriously i dont mean this topic, its applies on all)
-unwillingly no one force u to ( i know all of us willing to translate)
-summarise for sake of all not onli for me. (Normal people ,maybe need only one time of summarize to understand fully,but for you?no..Its obviously.. so dont pretend to be a saint when teh problem lies with you)

Seriously you need to read up on yourself since that "ALWAYS" , maybe too strong.. "MOSTLY" would be a better word, you always have a high tendacy of not getting people explanations - aka when PEOPLE do take teh intiative to translate for you..

Quote :

I treat it that you are firing at me since you said about "anyway grow up and dun post irrelevant tings.
"

You might be saying all these in anguish but i dont mind since u had misunderstand my meaning..

Everyone can see soo.. i have to even highlight.

I am not really aiming you,if you ever notice.

Seriously you really have to read up yourself, i know is long ..but there isnt much choice due to your understandings ability upon people summarised quotes and so on. In fact the best thing is to read up yourself..only you and yourself knows yourself better.

I not sure who is the one always post irrelevant stuffs.. hahz...
This time, i would take this (your reply) as a moment of anger type de.

So i not gonna pursue anymore IF you stills dont get my point and fire me pointlessly.
Do Note that this forum is not for you to teach/guide people wrong thoughts. Do reply mannerly. Thx.
Back to top Go down
lingbu
Judai Yuki
Judai Yuki

PostSubject: Re: Guide on Priority   Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:00 am

nice 1 onli u yrself noes best whether u wanna fire anot.

and oso "Do you have a problem ?zzZz..i type long is to be more detailed and as wells as you just dont get it always..lolx -_-" faint**"

this shows that u wanna say everytime u post long, i still wont get it in the end , wat does this shows?
simply to say u wanna say im stupid but u beat around the bush and say u tried to explain to me as usual, but no u are jus trying to be the good guy LIKE OWAES.

anyway all have eyes to see.

i shall keep it short.

MOD pls lock this thread THX.
Back to top Go down
kKbz
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist

PostSubject: Re: Guide on Priority   Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:12 am

"Do you have a problem ?zzZz..i type long is to be more detailed and as wells as you just dont get it always..lolx -_-" faint**"

-Is refering to..again you have a problem with the link baha post.
-Everytime i have to explain because you dont get it. ITs ok.. like what you say i willing.
-stupid? Everyone know i dont give comments on people unless they are really fit to be one.
other than that....
Well, i Dont give face to proudster and Boaster thats for sure..

What i am actually saying is that after helping/summarizing..You are not appreciative enough as well, not to mention was your level of understanding concerned. Everyone have their deifferences in understandings..Its ok..

But what i want to say is ->do know/note that if you just want to spam irrelvantly, please do elsewhere.

I have tell you "People will feel hurt/fustrated/demoralise " if you dont get it times and times. whether do you really purposely/unintentionally dont get it anot, only you knows.

So just trying to ask reduce such tricks.. thats all.. if you feel offended and misunderstood i say you "stupid" i apologise lo.
Since you know me for so long and thinks that i will say such remarks to you then i nothing to say..Really nothing to say......

Other than sharing with you and people about the "spare for people feelings" , i did also mentioned about - ways to improve it. You shld read up yourself,then you ask question step by step

Example : why does book of moon targeting spirit reaper,will it die?

Instead of asking people the whole FaQ and dont get it, in the end not even a word of gratitude. Not saying we people who have helped you was asking for one, i know we willingly..but if you do take the intiative..its will be alot easier.

That provided if you really dont get it in the first place instead of what it seems..

^^"... maybe now you get the whole picture. i really not aiming you.instead suggesting you ways as wells as solution.
Back to top Go down
lingbu
Judai Yuki
Judai Yuki

PostSubject: Re: Guide on Priority   Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:18 am

Everyone have their deifferences in understandings..Its ok..

taken from u.

u shld really go and touch more on this =)

there is actually no trouble in this forum till u come in.
FULL STOP
Back to top Go down
jadow
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist

Number of posts : 675
Registration date : 2008-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Guide on Priority   Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:24 pm

hm... can i ask something? its about trap dustshoot? if according to that link, the slayer cant activate trapdustshoot at draw phase isnt it?? Since the player with pirority didnt do anything.
Back to top Go down
jadow
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist

PostSubject: Re: Guide on Priority   Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:06 pm

ya... but trap dustshoot after draw at stdby lei?
Back to top Go down
bladeknight89
Privaron
Privaron

PostSubject: Re: Guide on Priority   Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:44 am

hmm ya what rick said is right, usually if u play the PSP or NDS version of Yugioh they will go by every phase of the game eg. Draw Phase -> Standby Phase -> Main Phase etc, that will be how the priority passes =) just haha we are all so used to it, we dun wanna ask and just let our opponent declare the move they want to make =)
Back to top Go down
jadow
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist

PostSubject: Re: Guide on Priority   Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:23 am

lol. ii tag2. my trap dustshoot cannot use using standby or after draw de... thats y i was wondering.
Back to top Go down
kKbz
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist

PostSubject: Re: Guide on Priority   Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:54 am

Yupz, what rick say is true..sometimes game has bug somewheres..need time to locate them.

Any action done ; must ask your opponent any actions/effects ..
Follow by when changing phrase as wells.
Back to top Go down
bladeknight89
Privaron
Privaron

PostSubject: Re: Guide on Priority   Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:02 am

haha oops ya the game buggy so the effects dun trigger sometimes but the thing the gameplay follows the actual gameplay of going phase by phase =) so by right (if there were no bugs) then u will be able to activate trap dustshoot
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guide on Priority   Today at 12:33 am

Back to top Go down

Guide on Priority
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1